Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge - Jan 23, 2015

In the wake of universe-altering "Secret Wars" news, Axel Alonso helps navigate how the soon-to-be altered Marvel terrain will affect readers.

Full article here.

BANNED

So come Sept. when SW ends we'll have the survivors of BW inhabiting the earth and beyond and that will be the new MU going forward.

All Secret Wars is a giant war between universes, realities, time periods wrapped up in one fighting for existence.

So Issue #0 of SW is on FCBD, then we have issues #1 and #2 of SW in May. Yea this isn't a year long event nor is BW here to stay, it's just the foundation of the new MU start point.

Spectacular Member

Either one of two things are going on. As Brevoort and Alonso have said repeatedly, Battleworld is THE setting of the Marvel Universe going forward. There is No earth anymore, only "Battleworld". Exactly how that comes to be is supposed to be what is covered in all of the tie-in books, etc. So either that is what is actually going to happen, or everyone is lying through their teeth.

Oh! And if Battleworld is it from now on, I am through with Marvel. The thing that made Marvel cool to me was that it was all set in a world I could recognize out my apartment window, not some stupid mishmash planet where everyone will be fighting all the time.
    Last edited by Tom Reed; 01-23-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Battleworld is not the future of the Marvel Universe. It's just like with Superior Spider-Man. Marvel is having fun with it. Expect a retooled Marvel Universe come the fall.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Second week, Mr. Ching, and not a mention of Namor's death? Very disappointed.

BattlePizza is definitely looking like waaaay too much hype. If all we're getting is saying the same thing over and over and wait and see, I'll definitely wait before bothering with any more 'press' on the subject.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I think the world may actually change from this
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    Either one of two things are going on. As Brevoort and Alonso have said repeatedly, Battleworld is THE setting of the Marvel Universe going forward. There is No earth anymore, only "Battleworld". Exactly how that comes to be is supposed to be what is covered in all of the tie-in books, etc. So either that is what is actually going to happen, or everyone is lying through their teeth.

Oh! And if Battleworld is it from now on, I am through with Marvel. The thing that made Marvel cool to me was that it was all set in a world I could recognize out my apartment window, not some stupid mishmash planet where everyone will be fighting all the time.
    Battleworld *is* the marvel universe....for a few months.

Some side/group will "win" the war, and that universe will be re-created as the new (whole) marvel universe. With various other survivors re-locating there.

Ugh. That so did not help me. Most of the books I'm reading these days are the ones that only just launched, so I'm wondering if they'll continue, or if they'll be starting over, and if I'll even care by that point.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It really amuses me that so many people think that they're just going to bring things back to some kind of merged Earth when it's pretty clear they're going to keep Battleworld as the new situation. Which is far better than a straight reboot as some think we are getting. And the books are all likely staying, just in a new setting of sorts.

Great article. It's always fun to see some fans jump to crazy conclusions about an event so far ahead of time. And I admit I've done that in the past. We're all guilty of it. I'm trying to get better at it. I'm making progress, but I know there's room for improvement. Reboot or not, Secret Wars looks awesome.

And that preview of Uncanny X-men #31 looks even more intriguing. Professor Charles Xavier coming to the future to give Cyclops an overdue chat? Can't wait to see what comes of that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It really amuses me that so many people think that they're just going to bring things back to some kind of merged Earth when it's pretty clear they're going to keep Battleworld as the new situation. Which is far better than a straight reboot as some think we are getting. And the books are all likely staying, just in a new setting of sorts.
    And may I ask why you think pretty clear Battleworld is here to stay?
    Last edited by bandoogiemanz; 01-23-2015 at 05:25 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It's okay. It amuses me that people think they are going to keep Battleworld as the status quo or that we're getting a reboot.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    And may I ask who you think pretty clear Battleworld is here to stay.
    Listening to what Tom says about it make it clear that this is not something they are putting so much effort into to last a mere three months. I'm not saying it's a certainty but it's seeming likely that Battleworld will last past the end of Secret Wars.

I guess by nature of the story, this sounds like more tie-ins than we've seen from an event series at Marvel, at least in recent years.

Alonso: "Secret Wars" is an all-in event that transforms the Marvel Universe and requires all books to acknowledge it. Our creators had plenty of time -- years in some cases -- to prepare for it. By the same token, we're taking great pains to make sure that people who are invested in current series stay invested.
    So ... every single title under Marvel will be a tie-in? Or when he says "acknowledge" he means, there will be varying degrees of reference?
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

You kind of have to when your entire world changes.