Default Fanfic: Uncanny X-Men [2015]

Intro: Okay, I want to keep this intro as short as possible but because X-Men has such a big cast and convoluted history, I think I need to detail exactly when this story takes place.

- AFTER Last Will & Testament of Xavier (but with a few assumptions about Matthew Malloy-- continuity knowledge is up to about UXN 029 in 2015), AFTER AXIS, AFTER X-FORCE vs Phantomex (Spurrier run -- hopefully it fits into continuity. There is one issue left)
    - Schism is still in place, AFTER death of Wolverine, AFTER Black Vortex probably (assumption that Kitty and the O5 are comiing back to Earth and they don't change much).

I guess that's pretty much it. I tried to do this in comic book format. This part is Chapter 1 (or 1 story arc) and each sub-chapter (i.e. 1.1, 1.2 are supposedly comic book issues). I realize the scenes/panels seem minimal in description here. I'll try to improve/add later but this is the general flow. I will continue posting by chapter when they are done. Enough blah blah, here it goes:

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
    CHAPTER 1.1: FIRST CLASS
    Scene: Emma, Magik sitting on one side of a booth and Dr. Nemesis (all in civilian attire but Dr. Nemesis keeps his mask & hat on) with coffee served for Magik and Dr. Nemesis and tea for Emma.

Emma: So James, have you come to a decision on taking a teaching position in the New Xavier School?
    Nemesis: According to my calculations, you work with a meager crew of rebellious mutants in a hidden location, it does not take a lot to surmise that your equipment will not suffice for a man of my st--
    Emma wipes the coffee cup (w/ tea) clean: That’s a “no” then ?
    Emma sips her tea and makes a disgusted face: Absolutely nauseating.
    Nemesis: Contrarily, with the disbanding of X-Force, my options appear to be limited. A mind of my caliber will be able to make the best of every situation. Where did you say we were going?
    Emma: I haven’t. So if we’re settled, we can leave this loathsome place. Magik?

Scene: Emma, Magik and Dr. Nemesis teleports in

Nemesis: Ah, the old Weapon Plus Facility. How anoetic. This is the last place Wolverine will be looking for you.
    Magik: It is quiet and secluded --perfect for thinking and meditating.
    Nemesis: Now, where do you suppose a being of self-evolved intellect would find the necessary equipment to conduct the nanite extraction you requested, Emma? This facility reeks of the very savage “science” of man.
    Scene: Goldballs and Mindee rush out while Kitty, Dazzler, Havok, O5 X-Men, Triage, Hijack, Tempus, X-23, Benjamin Deeds (and Mathew Malloy?) come out behind them of the facility.
    Goldballs: Ms. Frost! Ms. Frost!
    Emma: Lovely, we’ve got a welcoming crew. What is it, Fabio?
    Goldballs: It’s Prof. Cyclops, ma’am.
    Mindee: He’s disappeared.
    Emma: Girls?
    Cuckoos: We have detected no psychic residue of an intruder.
    Magik does a scan: Whatever it is, it wasn’t magical.
    Kitty: The X-Jet is intact and there were no signs of struggle anywhere in the facility. Whoever we are dealing with is very familiar with us.
    Emma: James, you would have to take out that nanite sentinel another time.
    Emma: Kitty, girls, come with us, we might need to pay our counterparts at the Jean Grey School a visit. The rest of you head back to the school and keep it secured. Dazzler, you’re in charge.
    Nemesis: Fantastic. I shall get acquainted with this tin can.
    Kitty: Maybe it is best if Illyana and I go to the Jean Grey School alone. We do not want to start up anything again.
    Emma: Our time is limited. I won’t be naughty, I promise.
    Scene: Magik teleports Emma, Kitty and the Cuckoos out.
    Scene: Magik, Emma, Kitty and Cuckoos teleport to the lawn. Storm, Rachel Grey and Nightcrawler come out with students looking out through the windows.

Storm: Emma, to what do we owe the pleasure? And what is this, no Scott? Where is the leader of the so-called “Mutant Revolution”?
    Kitty: Ororo, I’m sorry but we did not come here for this. Cyclops is missing--
    Emma: And we think your friend Hank may have something to say about it.
    Storm: If we wanted to take Cyclops, did you think we were going to leave the rest of your band continue to run around provoking the humans? I know Hank may have done some questionable things in the past but he will not kidnap Cyclops.
    Nightcrawler: Ororo, I will get Beast from his lab so we can sort this all out. Wait here my friends. **Poof**
    Emma: I see you that even without Logan, your school still cannot see the truth. Your psychic residue leaves a foul taste of Logan’s impudent--
    Storm: Do not speak of him that way. He made mistakes but he is setting the mutants on the right path. He is gone but at least he left a hero. That’s more than what I can say for Cyclops.
    Emma: Disgusting.
    Nightcrawler poofs back: Storm, its Beast. He is not there and his lab has been destroyed.
    Rachel Grey: How could this happen without anyone detecting it? I’ll scan for any indications.
    Scene: Rachel conducts a mind search and gets nothing.
    Storm: Rachel, call all senior staff available. We need to find Beast.
    Storm: Emma, I hope for all our sakes that this is not a part of your schemes. Let our school find them. I promise, despite all his wrongdoings, we will return Cyclops to you. But make no mistake, we are doing this as a favor to Kitty unless Cyclops is behind all of this.
    Rachel Grey: I cannot detect Bobby as well. He is not anywhere near the area.
    Storm: Gather the X-Men. We’ll find them.
    Kitty: This is a problem that involves both schools. We should work together.
    Nightcrawler looks approvingly but Storm doesn’t seem to agree.
    Emma: Come on Kitty. It looks like aren’t getting any help here.

Scene: Emma, Magik, Kitty and the Cuckoos meet Magneto in an open location.

Magneto: I can assure you that I do not have Scott nor do I know his whereabouts. I may not be too satisfied with the current progress of his X-Men but I will not hinder it either.
    Emma: I do not doubt what you say. However, we need your help, Erik. Scott is the leader of the X-Men. While I have the capabilities to take over, we do still need him with us.
    Magneto: I have matters to attend to but if I find anything, I will keep in touch.

Scene: Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Rachel Grey talk to Ka-Zar in the Savage Land. Dinosaurs are seen in the background.

Ka-Zar: Sorry, we haven’t seen Beast or Iceman in a while.

Scene: Emma, Magik, Kitty and the Cuckoos are seen with Apex but he doesn’t seem to know the location.

Scene: Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Rachel Grey meet with Captain America (Falcon) and a few Avengers.

Cap: Beast? Maybe he’s hiding with the Illuminati. Their transgressions against the human race have gone far enough. They have been playing god to the people. We are heroes lest they forget that. If you have any information on their location, inform the Avengers. This is top priority.
    Storm: I’m sorry cap but the Illuminati are another matter. We are looking for Hank and Bobby.

[COLOR="#ADD8E6"]Location: Sanctum Sanctorum
    Scene: Magik talks to Wang with no luck.
    Last edited by GarDian; 01-26-2015 at 01:12 AM.

Scene: Emma is on the operating table and Dr. Nemesis just finishes taking the ninite sentinels out.
    [/COLOR]

Nemesis: These Sentinels were extraordinarily crafted but it did not take a lot to extract them from your bloodstream.
    Emma: Thank you James.
    Scene: Emma walks out and sees Triage waiting for her.
    Triage: Ms. Frost, I’m worried. What is to happen to this school if we never find Professor Cyclops?
    Emma: We will find him, Christopher. We are the X-Men and we always find our own. In any case, the school continues to operate as it was. You are the future of our race. We cannot sacrifice your education and the growth of your abilities.
    Triage: Thank you Ms, Frost. I can see that you are gravely worried about Professor Cyclops as well.
    Emma: Don’t be silly. I will be just as worried for any other missing X-Man.

Scene: JGS kids and some Jr Faculty and Nightcrawler in Beast’s Lab

Nightcrawler: It seems that a lot of Beast’s research have also been missing.

Scene: Storm talking to Abigail Brand on a screen.

Storm: Don’t worry Abigail, we will find Hank.
    Scene: Reed Richards, Dr. Strange and Hulk are talking to Magik, Emma and Shadowcat.

Hulk: If this trick set by Avengers, Hulk smash you all!
    Emma: Calm down Hulk, this is no trick. We have no qualms with you. If anything, we share a common hunter.
    Kitty: We are just looking for Cyclops, Beast and Iceman. They seem to have just disappeared without a trace.
    Reed Richards: Beast is also with our team but we haven’t seen him in the last few weeks.
    Scene: X-Jet arrives
    Hulk: Who come? Hulk no like this. Too many see us.
    Strange: Calm down, Hulk. I sense more X-Men.
    Scene: Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Rachel Grey step out of the X-Jet
    Nightcrawler: Please tell me we have good news.
    Kitty: No such luck.
    Colossus: Katya…. I…
    Emma: We don’t have time for this heartbreaking reunion. Rachel, I assume that you have used Cerebro to try and locate our friends?
    Rachel Grey: Yes. But I cannot detect them.
    Emma: Amateur. Let me use Cerebro so that we can find them.
    Storm: If you think we’ll let you in the Jean Grey School--
    Nightcrawler: Storm, we have been searching for two weeks without any leads, I think perhaps it is past time we cooperate as X-Men.
    Rachel Grey: I agree.
    Scene: X-Men teleport with Magik (Including X-Jet) and Illuminati teleport with Dr. Strange.

Scene: Emma, Colossus, Magik, Storm and Rachel Grey and Kitty are inside.
    Scene: Emma puts on Cerebro and screen pops up. Emma focuses hard but still cannot detect any of the three.

Rachel: See, I told you they were nowhere to be found.
    Rachel: But… there seems to be a lot of interference with Cerebro.
    Emma: Obviously. Madripoor, they must be keeping them there.
    Storm: No, we’ve checked.
    Emma: We’ll check again. I’m sure you missed something.
    Magik: No. Storm and Rachel have exhausted all avenues. It seems unwise to double back.
    Rachel: There are a few more areas that appear blank to Cerebro. There is an area in Eastern Europe, a small area here must be where a S.H.I.E.L.D. carrier is flying and Latveria--
    Emma: Then we go to S.H.I.E.L.D. Magik, take us to Maria Hill.
    Storm: We can’t just--
    Scene: They leave the JGS.

CHAPTER 1.2: WUNDAGORE
    Location: Somewhere in U.S. Airspace inside Maria Hill’s office in the Helicarrier.
    Scene: Maria Hill alone looking at a file of Cyclops

Maria Hill: Where are you Mr. Summers?
    Scene: Emma, Colossus, Magik, Storm and Rachel Grey and Kitty pop in Maria Hill is in shock.
    Storm: --barge into someone’s office like that…
    Storm: This is why the world hates mutants.
    Scene: Maria Hill closes the file.
    Emma: What were you doing?
    Magik: It looks like she was--
    Maria Hill: Okay enough! You came to a secured S.H.I.E.L.D. facility. I will not ask how or why it is so easy to be infiltrated by our enemies but if you do not leave, I will have the entire S.H.I.E.L.D. armada blast you out.
    Storm: We did not mean to intrude, Ms. Hill but we are desperate. Beast, Iceman and Cyclops have been missing. We were wondering if you had any information as to their location.
    Maria: Two of my most hated enemies have gone missing. That seems like good news to me. Why would I want to help you?
    Magik (whispers to Kitty): See I told you she cared about Cyclops.
    Kitty snickers.
    Maria sends them a glare.
    Emma: Wundagore Mountain. S.H.I.E.L.D. has reported a few strange activities there.
    Rachel: That’s in Eastern Europe.
    Maria: We really need better psychic blocks. I guess it’s pointless to ask for you to surrender Scott to S.H.I.E.L.D. when you find him?
    Emma: Magik, we’re out. Don’t worry, Maria Hill, we’ll rescue “Scott” for you.
    Scene: X-Men disappear by Magik teleporation
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent knocks: Director Hill?
    Maria: Damnit. Set the course to Wundagore Mountain. Escalate to top priority. Cyclops might be there.
    Scene: X-Men teleports in.

Storm: We are likely dealing with the High Evolutionary. We are not sure if we’ll find our friends here. Follow my lead and let’s try not to make any more enemies, shall we?
    Emma: As if. Come, my X-Men.
    Scene: Magik and Kitty follow. Colossus and Rachel Grey shrugs and follows. Storm also follows.

Scene: Unknown man talking to New Men

Man: It looks like we have guests. We should welcome them.
    New Men Captain: Yes, my Lord.

Scene: Outside Wundagore Citadel, A small group of New Men meet the X-Men. They walk towards the main Citadel.
    NM Cap: Welcome to Wundagore Mountain, X-Men. How may I be of service to you?
    Storm: We mean no harm. We are here because we were told of the likelihood that some of our friends are here.
    NM Cap: Ma’am, we can assure you that we have not met any X-Guests in a long while.
    Emma: I did not know the High Evolutionary has returned. I thought that his Citadel had departed Earth to become more fruitful.
    NM Cap: We no longer serve Master Herbert. We have a new master now.
    Scene: X-Men arrive at the Citadel and see Mr. Sinister as head of operations in the main throne room with one clone of Madelyne Pryor standing beside him.
    Rachel prepares to launch a psychic attack: Sinister. Where are Beast, Iceman and Cyclops?
    Kitty (whispers): I thought he was a she.
    Emma (whispers): Apparently not anymore.
    Sinister: Calm down Ms. Grey. I realize that I have not been in good terms with you X-Men but I can assure you that I am keeping no X-Men here.
    Emma: Even if we believed you, we should shut you down regardless, Sinister. You are always up to some monstrosity. Lucky for you we do not have the time. Let us conduct a search of your area and if you are telling the truth, we will leave you—for now.
    Sinister: By all means, Emma. I am telling the truth.
    Scene: Angel flies in.
    Angel: Nathaniel, Nathaniel! The scenery here is truly wonderful. This morning, I found a small flock of the most beautiful birds singing the most melodic tunes.
    Emma: Did you even know he was also missing? How could you not know he was missing?
    Scene: X-Men prepare for battle.
    Sinister: Oops. I may have lied a little bit. Marauders!
    Scene: Arclight, Prism and Scalphunter appear with an unidentified mutant. A few more New Men also appear.
    Scene: Fight ensues. Arclight blasts Colossus to the outside. Scalphunter creates a big sword and armor and faces off against Magik. Prism takes a few lightning shots from Storm but deflects it to the wall. Madelyn goes into psychic battle with Emma and Kitty battles a group of New Men including the captain. Angel flies away. Rachel goes after Sinister who is standing behind.
    Rachel: Angel!
    Sinister: I did hope we could’ve resolved this without this barbaric display but I must take my leave.
    Scene: After some fighting Storm is struck by her own lightning towards the outside where Arclight keeps Colossus trapped under some rocks. Madelyn Pryor seems to get a power up as she knocks nearly knocks out Emma with a psychic blast forcing her to take diamond form.
    Scene: The fight has been taken outside where more New Men come to fight. Everyone is here except for Rachel and Sinister. Kitty also walks outside after disposing of the New Men in the room.
    Emma: I must be a bit rusty. Madelyn has become more powerful than I remember.
    Scalphunter: Give up, X-Men. This day is ours. Your friends will serve their purpose for the betterment of mutant kind.

Scene: In a different room inside Wundagore Citadel, Rachel catches up to Sinister and they begin to fight. She throws him telekinetically back to the throne room.
    Rachel: There is nowhere to run, Sinister.
    Sinister: It does appear that way, doesn’t it?
    Rachel: Now tell me where the X-Men are or I will take that information from you.
    Sinister: tsk tsk tsk. So much violence-- You forget, my child that I am adept at your mind tricks. You cannot read my mind.
    Rachel: I will not need to. After I’m done with you, you will give me the information I need.
    Scene: Beast enters seemingly lost in his scientific discovery and appears a little more “evolved” while holding a clipboard.
    Beast: Nathaniel, I have wonderful news. The experiments we have done on Cyclops seem to have garnered approving results. We will begin extracting--
    Rachel: Hank?

Scene: Outside Wyndagore Citadel, Storm conjures a powerful storm. Kitty is also knocked down by Arclight as Colossus breaks free.
    Colossus: Katya!
    Storm: Prism, you may have been able to deflect my lightning indoors but you are in my element now. A lightning blast at this power, you cannot deflect entirely.
    Scene: Storm launches powerful lightning at all of the Marauders and New Men knocking them out.
    Emma: Ororo, you do still have your uses.

Scene: Storm, Emma, Magik and Colossus carrying Kitty enters the throne room of the Citadel and sees Beast. Beast seems to recognize them but doesn’t really acknowledge them. At this time, Rachel had already beaten up Sinister very badly.
    Rachel very angry and almost out of control: What have you done to Beast?
    Sinister: Hrrn--
    Beast: This is fundamentally unnecessary and this will result in nothing, Rachel. You don’t stand a chance.
    Storm: Rachel! Calm down! If you kill him, we may never know what he is up to.
    Rachel: Where is Iceman and Cy—Cyclops?
    Scene: Rachel blasts Sinister one more time with more power and Sinister dies at her hands.

CHAPTER 1.3: SEEING RED
    - Location: Inside Wundagore Citadel Throne Room heavily damaged from the battle.
    Scene: Beast is held captive as he is uncooperative. Kitty begins to wake up from getting knocked out. Colossus, Storm, Emma, Rachel (calmed down) and Magik gathered around Beast.

Narration Kitty: Where am I? Oh, Wundagore Mountain.
    Storm: Beast, you are an X-Man. Have you forgotten? What has that monster Nathaniel Essex done to you?
    Beast: He has freed my mind. I serve a higher purpose now—an evolutionary one. The mutants were merely the “next step” in the human evolution but we are still far from our last step.
    Narration Kitty: This is the citadel the high evolutionary built to create new creatures for evolution. But he has since left Earth to take his science to a new world.
    Narration Kitty: But Sinister captured four of the X-Men.
    Narration Kitty: Beast, Cyclops, Iceman and apparently Angel. He then used High Evolutionary’s machines on them.
    Beast: I am continuously evolving, becoming a more perfect version of myself. This is all that Sinister wants for all of mankind and mutantkind.
    Scene: a monitor behind them buzzes and Sinister appears.
    Sinister: Beast speaks the truth. All I ever wanted was for mutantkind to evolve to its maximum potential.
    Narration Kitty: Sinister is alive and this is no surprise. He has invented technology to restore and transfer his knowledge to one of his clones.
    Rachel: Where are you? What have you done to Beast? Where are Cyclops and Iceman?
    Sinister: Tut, tut, tut, Miss Grey. So much anger and hate and without the corruption of the Phoenix still. I shall answer all your questions. I am safely hidden in my base of operations.
    Sinister: About your deal old friend, Hank McCoy--

Scene Flashback: Between JGS and New York City, Iceman is gliding around with his ice. The Marauders ambush him and contain him in a field with low moisture keeping down his power.
    Narration Sinister: You see it all started with a dream but not my dream, Charles Xavier’s dream.
    Scene Flashback: Angel is invited by Sinister himself and he flies off happily.
    Narration Sinister: He dreamed that he could train a young group of mutants to master their skills and represent the mutant community so that man and mutant can live in peaceful harmony.
    Narration Sinister: What he hadn’t realized was that the first students he picked were far from normal mutants. He did not realize it then but these mutant genes drew him to pick them because their genes represented a high potential, higher than most.
    Scene Flashback: Marauders breaking into Beast’s Lab under the psychic cloaking of Madelyne Pryor. A struggle ensues.
    Narration Sinister: Take Beast here for instance. His superior intellect and knowledge in science can help me in my evolutionary process.
    Narration Sinister: But there was one problem. A problem I had “fixed”. He and I cannot see eye to eye and the Hank McCoy that saw the truth as I did—well, he was taken away from me.
    Scene Flashback: In Sinister’s labs, Beast is being subjected to a machine that is supposed to speed up evolution. This changes his appearance ever so slightly little by little.
    Narration Sinister: My old friend Dark Beast was gone. So I simply had to make a new one. I could’ve easily cloned him but what is the fun in that?
    Narration Sinister: I subjected Beast to enhance evolution through a modified machine created by my apprentice, The High Evolutionary.
    Narration Sinister: At first, he hated it but as his physique changed, so did his demeanor. He was slowly becoming more and more like the Beast I knew.
    Narration Sinister: In time, Beast began to see it my way. When all of man becomes mutants, then there will be no more hatred and bigotry. The line will be erased. We will have created a perfect Utopia for all mutantkind.
    Scene Flashback: Nate Grey being created in old sinister labs.
    Narration Sinister: This is where Scott Summers comes in.
    Narration Sinister: Years ago, I tried to create the perfect mutant Nate Grey and it was a success. With the combined genes of Scott Summers and Jean Grey, I could make a mutant so powerful we would show mankind even their potential. All they need to do is evolve and why would they not want to with the perfect specimen as a model.
    Narration Sinister: But this is where I encountered another problem. While Scott and Jean’s powers combined showed domination of physical and mental energy, it was their bodies that ultimately failed, which caused Nate Grey to deteriorate immensely.
    Scene Flashback: New Men being injected with additional DNA in Sinister’s Labs. Then there is a scene where Nate Gey-ish people with different animals attached.
    Narration Sinister: Then I came to Wundagore Mountain to find the work of my apprentice. His works gave me some ideas so I dominated these people and created New Men that were more subjugated to my whims. Then I transplanted their mutant genes to some New Men hoping to create more stable hosts.
    Narration Sinister: But that failed to get the desired results as well. The sheer amount of genetic information placed into my NuMen, their bodies broke down the DNA I injected and has resulted in a few unexpected and mediocre mutations.
    Scene Flashback: Iceman and Jean Grey DNA used to create some new mutants. This also proves to be a failure.
    Narration Sinister: Next I used other Omega Level mutant’s genes with Jean Grey’s. The host failed to stabilize as well. Again, the Nate Grey problem occurred.
    Scene Flashback: Cyclops in NXE alone in his room. Madelyne Pryor arrives and invites him to come along. He is fooled for a short while and thinks it was a dream with Jean Grey but before he could do anything, he was trapped by Sinister and the Marauders.
    Narration Sinister: So I had to return to my original thesis but I couldn’t have done it alone. It was Dr. McCoy who theorized that perhaps if we improved the genes of Scott Summers—set them to the potential that dear old Charles failed to see, then we could create the perfect mutant host that would be able to hold all that raw power.
    Scene Flashback: Cyclops strapped to the same machine Beast was strapped on earlier. This time Beast is helping Sinister out.
    Narration Sinister: But even with the machine, this took time and we were not sure of how the machine would affect Scott.

Scene: Back in Wundagore Citadel where Beast’s chair is unseen.
    Sinister: Now it is time for me to say adieu.
    X-Men realize that Beast has disappeared.
    Narration Kitty: Sinister played us for fools. He distracted us with his story while Beast escapes.
    Colossus destroying the monitor: You monster!
    Narration Kitty: He has destroyed Beast’s mind.
    Scene: X-Men go through the open door where Beast probably went through. This leads to a room where they see Cyclops and Iceman contained on opposite sides. Storm, Colossus and Rachel go Iceman (more of a puddle of water) inside low moisture chamber while Magik, Kitty, Emma go to Cyclops in a Ruby Quarts container and return his visor.
    Narration Kitty: Now we fear the worst for Bobby and Scott.
    Cyclops: Get me out of here! Where is Sinister?
    Emma: Scott?! Calm down. We will go after him together. He will be leading you to a trap.
    Cyclops doesn’t seem to hear her. Cyclops one hand is free and he frees himself using optic blast. This accidentally knocks down Magik, Kitty and Emma.
    Narration Kitty: We try to tell Scott to calm down.
    Cyclops: What happened? I cannot hear myself talk. I cannot hear anything. Where is Sinister?
    Emma tries to stop Scott and telepathically communicates with him: Calm down, Scott. Stop.
    Cyclops: I know where Beast went. Follow me.
    Scene: First person view in red as Scott goes to the next room where Sinister’s NuMen seen earlier is waiting for the X-Men.
    Narration Kitty: Emma, Illyana and I try to follow but Scott was going through really fast. The others were tending to Bobby who was slowly forming himself again.
    Emma Telepathically: Scott stop!
    Scene: First person Scott blasts and takes down the genetically altered NuMen and destroysthe room.
    Scene: First person view in red as Scott goes through another door with some failing mutants (Ice-Jean and some Nate Grey look-a-likes) Sinister spliced together. He destroys them as well.

Narration Kitty: Just as we get through the door, he was already gone. He wasn’t that hard to follow. He left a trail bodies and destruction that we couldn’t have mistaken for anyone else. And for the first time in a long time, Scott has lost control. He is for the lack of a better term--
    Emma Telepathically: Scott please calm down, please.
    Scene: Scott kneeling down in the third room as he sees Jean Grey strapped to a wall. The special cage containing her has been destroyed by Scott’s blasts. In the background through an open back door leading to the outside of the citadel, Beast holds some DNA samples is teleported away by an unknown mutant.
    Narration Kitty: --Seeing Red.
    Cyclops: Jean?
    Jean Telepathically: Scott, it’s me. Calm down.

CHAPTER 1.4: SHE HAS RISEN
    Scene: Jean standing over her grave with Magik seen in the background

Narration Jean: My name is Jean Summers.
    Narration Jean: For a long time. I have been dead.
    Scene: Panning over to the Jean Grey School wide angle.
    Narration Jean: But not the kind of “dead” that normal people know.
    Scene: Phoenix manifesting and scenes of Jean losing control.
    Narration Jean: When I was young, an entity called the Phoenix Force took me as host. It made my powers grow. And then it made me lose control over them.
    Scene: Jean in White Hot Room.
    Narration Jean: Then when I died, it took my consciousness to the White Hot Room. The Phoenix occasionally left me there but I could see. I saw years of my friends’ triumphs and their struggles.
    Scene: Cyclops with Utopia Banner
    Scene: 2 Different X-Teams in respective Schools
    Scene: Wolverine being covered in adamantium
    Scene: Professor X being killed by the Phoenix Force.

Scene: Hope as white Phoenix and Wanda there.

Flashback Hope and Wanda: No more Phoenix.
    Scene: Jean falling unconscious in the far background just as Phoenix Cyclops was defeated.
    Narration Jean: But then the Phoenix was sent away. And amidst the chaos and destruction, I was returned to my human form unconscious in my body.
    Scene: Sinister appears to take Jean away/ Jean being taken to Wundagore Mountain.
    Narration Jean: It was Essex that found me. He experimented and tortured me in hopes of finding and contains the Phoenix Force. But the Phoenix Force was gone. When he realized that he failed, he found the rest of the original X-Men to further his studies.

Narration Jean: Now I am back not only in my own body but also to the X-Men. I may still be suffering from what Sinister did but there are some things that need picking up.

Scene: Dr. Nemesis meets Jean outside his new lab

Narration Jean: First, my husband who has borne the weight of the whole mutant population on his shoulders and has been hated for it not just by mankind but our kind as well.
    Jean: How is he?
    Nemesis: Scott is recovering from the experiments inflicted on his body. His auditory perception has become limited rather than completely lost contrary to initial beliefs.
    Nemesis: His eardrums have mutated into a dimensional gateway absorbing sound and echoing it back into a destructive “concussive wave”. It was unnoticeable at first but it is starting to become stronger. It is impossible to surmise the extent of this growth at the moment.
    Nemesis: However, it seems to negate a very specific pitch and frequency allowing him to actually “hear” things if it is presented in the right manner. I have devised an earpiece made of a diamond-vibranium alloy that will intercept all sound and convert it to the desired frequency.
    Jean: So that will allow him to hear but we will all sound alike to him?
    Nemesis: Precisely.
    Jean: Thank you, James. I’ll take it from here.
    Scene: Jean enters the lab of Dr. Nemesis where Cyclops is resting.
    Jean: Scott?
    Scott: Jean—I kept it together as long as I could but I killed him. I did. Not Logan or the Brotherhood, me! Jean, I’m so sorry-- I’m not fit to lead the X-Men. You were a better leader than I ever was.
    Jean Telepathically: I know, Scott. I was there. And it was not your fault.
    Scott Telepathically: I tried telling myself that but the guilt is overtaking my every thought. I tried to be strong for the X-Men but it’s getting to be too much.
    Jean Telepathically: Scott, I know better than anyone what the Phoenix can do to you. Its power cannot be contained. But I also understand you better than anyone. You have borne the weight of the whole mutant community on your shoulders for far too long. You did better than anyone could ever do or would ever give you credit for.
    Jean Telepathically: And instead of loving you, some of our own kind hates you for it. That being said, you need rest, Scott. We’ll clear your head and figure out your new condition.
    Jean Telepathically: I’m here now, Scott. You won’t have to do everything yourself.
    Scott Telepathically: Thank you, Jean.
    Scene: They kiss.
    Scene: Jean exits the room as Scott is laying in rest.
    Scene: Jean walks out of the room as Emma meets her in the hallway.

Jean: Emma.
    Emma: Jean, we need to talk.
    Jean: We will. I will find you after I take care of a few matters.

Scene: Jean and Magik return to JGS where she is met by Storm

Narration Jean: Next, an old friend who has been nothing but supportive and caring to me.
    Jean (to Magik): Let me have a private talk with Ororo.
    Scene: Magik walks to find a tree. Jean and Ororo walk into the school. Next scenes through the school.
    Jean: I like what you’ve done with the place, Ororo.
    Storm: This was not all my work. This is Logan’s accomplishment. I will not take credit for his works.
    Jean: You seem happy about it though and that makes me happy as well.
    Storm: Jean… is this about me and Logan?
    Jean: No, no, of course not. In fact, I’m glad. There is nothing to explain.
    Storm: …
    Jean: Anyway, this is no way for old friends to greet each other.
    Scene: Jean and Storm hug.
    Storm: I’m glad you are here then. We have a place waiting for you on the teaching staff.
    Jean: Ororo, I’m sorry but I have already taken a different position.
    Storm: In Cyclops’ “New Xavier School”? They are causing a mutant revolution that will lead us into war with the humans.
    Jean: You misunderstand. That’s not what the Revolution is about or what it’s trying to do. No matter what we do there will be some humans that will hate mutantkind. The revolution is about Xavier’s continued efforts to train mutants to not only defend themselves but also defend the humans from their own threats.
    Storm: That’s not how I see it. And S.H.I.E.L.D. does not see it that way either--
    Storm: We are still looking for our friends Hank and Warren. We need your help.
    Scene: Angel flies in. They look at him with astonishment.
    Angel: That was a long flight from Wundagore.
    Jean: Hank and Sinister need to be found and we will put our efforts in doing so. I believe you will do it as well.
    Storm: Then let the Schism be over.
    Jean: We cannot do that. While there is a schism in the eyes of S.H.I.E.L.D., they will leave you alone. They will continue looking for us. Besides, it feels weird being in a school named after you.
    Storm: It seems that your mind has been made.
    Jean: It has. But I do agree that it is time the two schools have a better working relationship. However, this must still be kept a secret. We do not know how the other students and teachers might react. This might end up endangering your school and students.
    Storm: I see your point there--
    Jean: Oh, one more thing. I have interest in one of your students to come and train in our school.
    Storm: Jean, you must understand. I do not wish to militarize more kids under Cyclops’ leadership.
    Jean: Our two schools do not differ that much in terms of how we view our kids and our mutants. I hope you can trust me on this.
    Storm (hesitates): Okay. Who do you need?
    Jean: I have already contacted her telepathically. She is meeting up with Magik secretly. We will leave together.
    Storm: Then this must be goodbye. Let the goddess be with you then.
    Jean: Not goodbye Ororo. We can have secret rendezvous whenever we want. I will visit often.
    Scene: Jean and Storm hug again.

Scene: Jean, Magik and Surge return while Emma is leaving, rest of NXE staff and students

Narration Jean: Then there is time to talk to old enemies that sometime feel a little more like friends.
    Jean: Emma, wait!
    Cuckoos, Benjamin Deeds, Goldballs: Ms Frost!
    Emma: There is nothing left for me to do here.
    Jean: But you have nowhere to go.
    Emma: I do. The Jean G—the school named after will take me in. I will accept whatever punishment they deem necessary for my sins during my Phoenix possession.
    Jean: It won’t be that easy, Emma.
    Emma: It never is, darling. But I can be very persuasive.

Scene: Background Chatter/ Gossip between the students.
    Triage: I heard when Prof. Cyclops went out of control, he wouldn’t listen to Ms. Frost. It was Jean—err, Prof. Jean that calmed her down.
    Phoebe: Poor mother. That hurt her more than she’ll ever be willing to admit.
    Mindee: Hrm—

Scene: Back to Emma and Jean. Emma is smiling.
    Emma: Well it’s time to go. Girls?
    Scene: Phoebe and Celeste step forward and join Emma.
    Emma: Mindee?
    Mindee: Sorry, mother but I’m staying.
    Emma (hiding disappointment): Very well.
    Benjamin Deeds: W—wait, Miss Frost! I would like to come with you too.
    Jean: Okay, then. You do understand that I will have to wipe your minds about the location of the school.
    Scene: Phoebe and Celeste start using their powers.
    Emma: Its okay, girls. Prof. Grey--
    Jean: --Summers.
    Emma: Prof. Grey and I don’t see eye to eye on many things but we do all care for mutantkind. The school and our students here need to be kept safe for the moment.
    Scene: Phoebe and Celeste calm down.
    Kitty (to Magik): Wow, this went way better than I expected.
    Magik: Speak for yourself. We really should get another mode of transportation.
    Scene: Magik teleports them away.

Scene: Helicarrier floating above. Maria Hill just landed on the ground receiving report from S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

Maria Hill: We just missed Cyclops. Again. Whatever he is doing, he’s still always a few steps ahead of us!
    Maria Hill: Get me his file!
    Scene: Opened file of Cyclops with his pictures erased and on the last page there is writing “You can’t have HIM”
    Narration Jean: And last, paying New Enemies a visit.

Post Chapter 1 Notes: I realize that I used such a big cast but the premise of the story seems to have needed for both JGS and NXE staff to participate. I tried to limit the main search party as much as possible.

Later chapters will focus mostly on NXE side left so I also tried not to bother (see: avoid botching) JGS cast characterization and progress.

I will try to have more characterization/ fight scenes in later chapters. This is mostly the setup chapter to the stories ahead. I also thought that bringing back Jean in a quiet manner as opposed to the loud Phoenix-y manner was pretty neat.

I will probably have to fix some character dialogue style as well. =D

Anyway, I would appreciate a lot of feedback for this positive and negative.