Mighty Member

Default Ron Perlman was inspired casting

When i heard a Hellboy movie was in the works in the early 2000s, i couldn't wait to see who will play him and i always picked Perlman and my dream came true.

He was perfect casting.

I have a sneaking suspicion that in my lifetime (I'm in my mid-20s, so I'm talking kinda far into the future) I'll see a rebooted live action version of Hellboy, and with this suspicion is the question: who else could possibly play Hellboy? I can't think of a single person who'd fit the role as well as Ron.

All-New Member

we'll it would have to be a reimagining thats for sure, because the next casting needs to be creative if there is one. you can't outdo the original for spot on casting. kinda like patrick stewart for the first xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that in my lifetime (I'm in my mid-20s, so I'm talking kinda far into the future) I'll see a rebooted live action version of Hellboy, and with this suspicion is the question: who else could possibly play Hellboy? I can't think of a single person who'd fit the role as well as Ron.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a performance capture Hellboy so they can really push his features beyond what an actor's face can be, so that he can have a shovel-like jaw, lower shoulders, tinier legs, a barrel chest, and can play the role over twenty years without aging a day while the human cast ages around him.