Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    How is the new Thanos series?
    Pretty great in my opinion. Check it out.

Thanos appears today in Unworthy Thor #2.

Niffleheim

Thanos #2 Preview

"Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

"Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Thanos #2 was great. Tense dialogue between Thanos and Mentor.

Niffleheim

BANNED

Finally got Thanos #1 and it was awesome! Gotta get #2 soon!

In addition to his own series, Thanos is currently in Unworthy Thor and appears in New Avengers #2.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FangsFirst View Post
    I'm muddled a bit--but based on the fact that Thanos is allegedly pursuing something super powerful...again...we're not going to see Starlin/Giffen Thanos. It will be post-MCU, banal, undeveloped thugbeast who brainlessly leaps at the most powerful being in existence and says something moronic.

(I'd probably also loathe Aaron's run but I didn't read it. Hickman's...terrible. Didn't see a single hit, myself. Just miss.)

I thought I was the only one who thought that scene with doom and thanos from a character standpoint was utter garbage. I dont like this new Thanos. As a fan of starlin and the gauntlet, it just seems like alot of regression. I remember reading marvel the end and thinking how beautiful a story it was. When least expected, what Thanos had sought after most, he finally found(Death's approval.) And, the ultimate destroyer became the ultimate healer.

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    I thought I was the only one who thought that scene with doom and thanos from a character standpoint was utter garbage. I dont like this new Thanos. As a fan of starlin and the gauntlet, it just seems like alot of regression. I remember reading marvel the end and thinking how beautiful a story it was. When least expected, what Thanos had sought after most, he finally found(Death's approval.) And, the ultimate destroyer became the ultimate healer.
    You didn't like Thanos Imperative? That's where the "regression" started if anything because Death rejected Thanos after he defeated the Cancerverse Mar-Vell.

Personally, I don't mind the genocidal Thanos. It's a big part of who he is.

Incredible Member

Loving the new series. It was great to see the Imperial Guard again, especially when it was more than just a few members. I'm glad to see he was defeated, even though it was because he's sick. Back in the day, he was formidable by himself, but it was his gaining the Cosmic Cube and Infinity Gems that made him unbeatable. Since he returned from the Cancerverse, he's been depicted as waaaay too powerful. In Hickman's "Infinity", for instance, Black Bolt yelled at him and it barely tore his clothing. It used to be that if BB so much as whispered, it would take out a city block. He yells at Thanos at the top of his lungs and it doesn't budge him. Ridiculous. Without his ultimate weapons, he should at least appear to be defeatable, not all powerful. I'm liking the sickness thing so far because of this. It's also appropriate, since ultimately it was sickness that killed Mar-Vell.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Loving the new series. It was great to see the Imperial Guard again, especially when it was more than just a few members. I'm glad to see he was defeated, even though it was because he's sick. Back in the day, he was formidable by himself, but it was his gaining the Cosmic Cube and Infinity Gems that made him unbeatable. Since he returned from the Cancerverse, he's been depicted as waaaay too powerful. In Hickman's "Infinity", for instance, Black Bolt yelled at him and it barely tore his clothing. It used to be that if BB so much as whispered, it would take out a city block. He yells at Thanos at the top of his lungs and it doesn't budge him. Ridiculous. Without his ultimate weapons, he should at least appear to be defeatable, not all powerful. I'm liking the sickness thing so far because of this. It's also appropriate, since ultimately it was sickness that killed Mar-Vell.
    The BB/Thanos exchange in Infinity was at a time when Thanos was fully prepared, be pretty sure he had time to prep his protective spells and gadgets (Remember he uses hidden tech such as Force Field generators often). Thanos had come for war, you can be certain that at that time he had every trick and contingency laid out ahead of the fight, after all in the end he only lost because Thane used an ability he'd never encountered before putting him into stasis. People often forget that high degree of intelligence and cunning Thanos has backing up his already impressive power set, like Stark, Doom or even Reed, if given time to plan ahead he is practically unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    In Hickman's defense it was later stated that Black Bolt was weakened after powering the T-Bomb. Given that it was stated in the same breath as he was restored, taking up a minimum of page space it felt a bit tacked on to please the editors after reader complaints.

Other than that, I agree.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post

I agree 100% on all counts actually. Hickman's Thanos was beyond awful and Starlin's had/has a beautiful sadness and majesty to him.