Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1045

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    No there was a retcon involving Mistress Death, CGR, and Thanos.
    What did it retcon ?

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

I've read "Infinity Conflict"... There was alot of MAJOR happenings. However, the writing and dialogue seemed done by a child and most character portrayals are off. I know this is a spoiler but Adam warlock repeatedly gets killed by Thanos' minions via rocket launcher... does anything else really need to be said? It's enjoyable but nowhere close to one of his better story lines.

Also, the mcu Thanos' origin novel "Titan consumed" is out today

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    I've read "Infinity Conflict"... There was alot of MAJOR happenings. However, the writing and dialogue seemed done by a child and most character portrayals are off. I know this is a spoiler but Adam warlock repeatedly gets killed by Thanos' minions via rocket launcher... does anything else really need to be said?

Also, the mcu Thanos' origin novel "Titan consumed" is out today
    I haven't ready any of the Starlin's new Infinity comics , starting from Relativity , since i am new at cosmic comics but i have to ask that whether the OGNS by Starlin are canon or not ? If u don't mind answering me that would be great .

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

They are not in the regular marvel canon

And just to expound on my earlier point... one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe, a guy that goes toe to toe with Thor and Thanos, was easilly killed multiple times by a random outrider with a rocket launcher. All this time, Punisher could have easily defeated Warlock apparently
    Last edited by AnimalSquabbles; 11-21-2018 at 12:25 AM.

BANNED

U mean they are still canon right ? I mean they may not be on continuity but they are still on 616 timeline ? I heard Thanos had become total OP on Infinity Conflict .

I really wanted to read Starlin's comics rather than the BS with which Cates is using in his GOTG .

Have u seen the next Feb's solicits ? It was telling who will be next Thanos on GOTG #2 , ugh .

BANNED

And just to expound on my earlier point... one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe, a guy that goes toe to toe with Thor and Thanos, was easilly killed multiple times by a random outrider with a rocket launcher. All this time, Punisher could have easily defeated Warlock apparently
    Oh Yeah i have heard that Warlock was killed/hurt by missiles .But what are ur ops about Thanos's power level , i have heard that he was being amped .

In the regards to Jim Starlins' Infinity Conflict, it is set in the 616 universe but isn't 616 canon.
    Starlin has repeatedly said that there are three Thanos', the Marvel Universe Thanos, the MCU Thanos and his Thanos.
    The write up for Guardians of the Galaxy# 2 quoted "Thanos is dead, who will be the new Thanos ?".
    Guys we don't need a new Thanos.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    In the regards to Jim Starlins' Infinity Conflict, it is set in the 616 universe but isn't 616 canon.
    Starlin has repeatedly said that there are three Thanos', the Marvel Universe Thanos, the MCU Thanos and his Thanos.
    The write up for Guardians of the Galaxy# 2 quoted "Thanos is dead, who will be the new Thanos ?".
    Guys we don't need a new Thanos.
    You do realize that Cates's Thanos portrayal is going get worse with time ? And GOTG pretty much shows the sample demonstration

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    You do realize that Cates's Thanos portrayal is going get worse with time ? And GOTG pretty much shows the sample demonstration
    Yes I know, its very frustrating watching your favourite character written by this guy.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Mighty Member

Big fan of Jim Starlin, but Infinity Conflict was the worst Thanos comics by him. Thanos, as always when written by Starlin is interesting, but the writing is weak (the deaths of Adam Warlock, the downgrade of the One above all, the dialogues...). Disappointed.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    What did it retcon ?
    Cosmic Ghost Rider (while manipulated by Mistress Death) taught 616 Thanos how to kill.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Hey guys! I have posted my thoughts on the Thanos Rising mini by Jason Aaron in a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Cosmic Ghost Rider (while manipulated by Mistress Death) taught 616 Thanos how to kill.
    I don't like the idea of going back in time to kill baby Thanos. People need to remember that Thanos helped Adam Warlock and other heroes save the universe from Magus, Goddess, Tyrant, Walker, Akhenaten, Hunger and Annihilus.

Not as bad as Adam Warlock getting beheaded by Gamora in Infinity Wars despite the hints he was going to play a major role in the event.