Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    That's my favorite single, self contained, issue. Thanos' intelligence, power and scheming are on display. Not only does he eat a full blast point blank without any reaction, he outwits surfer. "You already have..." bahaha
    I haven't felt that crushed in a long time reading comics. The little alien creatures were so cute...

Does that classic Silver Surfer story feel better to read than what Marvel is publishing today? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Does that classic Silver Surfer story feel better to read than what Marvel is publishing today? I think so.
    Do you mean did the classic silver surfer story have heart? Yes it it did.

An article about Thanos:
    https://viewpoint.pointloma.edu/the-...-about-ethics/

The Thanos Complex: What an Avengers Villain Can Teach Us About Ethics

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Now that people have had time to watch it. I wanna bring up a point about the end...

People seem to think that Stormbreaker overpowered the gauntlet when Thanos tried blocking it but it got through. I dont think it cut through, i think thor used the bifrost to some how get to Thanos. They mentioned it could summon the bifrost and when thrown there was that rainbow effect going on.
    Last edited by AnimalSquabbles; 06-01-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Thanos Would Be “Pro-Choice” on Abortion
    http://www.lifenews.com/2018/06/01/t...e-on-abortion/

Do you agree with this article?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Thanos Would Be “Pro-Choice” on Abortion
    http://www.lifenews.com/2018/06/01/t...e-on-abortion/

Do you agree with this article?

I have heard the exact same argument to justify abortion, the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent babies, countless times.
    This is the part where it became obvious the author didn't have anything intelligent to say so I stopped reading it.

With the upcoming Infinity Wars Prime fast approaching a popular theory is doing the rounds which would certainly make sense.
    Is the new mystery character Requiem actually Mistress Death ?.
    And is Mistress Death collecting the Infinity Stones to win the heart of Thanos ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    With the upcoming Infinity Wars Prime fast approaching a popular theory is doing the rounds which would certainly make sense.
    Is the new mystery character Requiem actually Mistress Death ?.
    And is Mistress Death collecting the Infinity Stones to win the heart of Thanos ?.
    I doubt it is Mistress Death. And honestly? I have no interest in Infinity Wars. I cannot wait for it to end. Maybe then we'll get another Thanos ongoing. I'd certainly love to see Donny Cates & Geoff Shaw back working on the Mad Titan again for a longer run.

Question for fellow Thanos fans. My Thanos knowledge is solid up till the end of Infinity Crusade, after that, I started to slowly drift away from Marvel comics. I never read Infinity Watch (I plan to soon).

When Thanos returned in Silver Surfer #34 (though it might have been revealed in Thanos Quest, can't remember) Starlin wrote that Death had increased Thanos' power ten-fold from his previous, pre-death, levels. Has Thanos power been increased even further? What is his current non-omnipotent-device wielding power level? I remember that he lost rather handily to Odin in the 90's.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLeadHat View Post
    I remember that he lost rather handily to Odin in the 90's.
    That was retconned by Starlin to be a Thanos clone

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    That was retconned by Starlin to be a Thanos clone
    Actually it wasn't. That was Thanos when he was the keeper of the reality gem and secret member of the Infinity Watch.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I doubt it is Mistress Death. And honestly? I have no interest in Infinity Wars. I cannot wait for it to end. Maybe then we'll get another Thanos ongoing. I'd certainly love to see Donny Cates & Geoff Shaw back working on the Mad Titan again for a longer run.
    I have read Infinity Countdown but just don't have the love, am kind of over the Infinity Gems in the comics, time to move on Marvel.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I have read Infinity Countdown but just don't have the love, am kind of over the Infinity Gems in the comics, time to move on Marvel.
    I'm with you there. And as much as I like Thanos as a villain, I'd like to see -- well, in the characters own words from the movie -- balance. I'd like to see him seek new objectives. I'd like to see him run across someone who can kick his butt on any given Sunday intellectually, physically, etc. That can either be a new hero or an existing hero. And I'd like to see Death look him dead in the eye and tell him that there's no chance in hell of them ever getting together because Thanos has done the one cardinal sin that she can't abide: he has created/promulgated Life. Time for him to move on and find a new abstraction to chase.

Comic-Con Reveal: Infinity Gauntlet Wooden Pin Mate Figure Set From Entertainment Earth
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/luketho.../#2feeb3564b74

With a box office haul that, as of this writing, is $2 million short of making $2 billion worldwide, Avengers: Infinity War seems a sure bet to be the top-grossing movie of 2018. What casual moviegoers might not remember, however, is that it's loosely based on a 1991 comics miniseries that was an instant top ten hit. For San Diego Comic-Con International this year, Entertainment Earth is digging back into the title that started it all, with an exclusive set of 16 stylized wooden Pin Mates from the iconic original storyline that we're pleased to debut right here. Each Pin Mate is individually numbered, and each set is limited to 1500. Buy the box at Comic-Con to get an exclusive Nebula Pin Mate that is only available on-site. Aside from her, the set includes Vision, Quasar, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Nova, Hulk, Pip the Troll, Adam Warlock), Thor (number G10), Namor, She-Hulk, Drax the Destroyer, Captain America, Spider-Man, Cloak and Thanos.
    Due to separate licensing for the X-Men, there will be an additional set of three Marvel Mutants in their 1991 outfits to fit into the storyline--Wolverine, Cyclops, and Scarlet Witch--also limited to 1,500, and sized so they can fit into three empty slots reserved for them in the main box set. If supplies remain after Comic-Con, the main set can be ordered here and the X-Men add-on set here.