Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667686970 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1045

Yeah, no, that were all 6 stones together.

Also, when he snapped his fingers, a bright flash happened, so that seems to be the visual feedback when he uses all Gems at once. But whenever he used one specific Gem, there was the respective color glow and a sound effect.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I thought I was the only one who felt that way. Anyone truly devoted to Death should not want to contribute to life or perpetuate it in any way, shape, or form, unless as a source of creating more souls to occupy the afterlife. Further, I'm of the opinion that Oblivion (defined as complete and utter "nothingness") should really be inserted into the "trinity" and be equally at odds with both Eternity and Death. Unfortunately, what we see most of the time is Death conflated with Oblivion.
    It’s probably tied up with infinity being the other part of eternity. Usually you had eternity and death in conflict and infinity and oblivion in conflict. Pretty much telling us they where linked if not the same thing just different viewpoints for us observers.

I generally avoid non Starlin Thanos after Hickman run witch didn’t work for me. I liked Marz power cosmic mini especially the Tyrant showdown. There was a logic and cohesiveness in that Marvel cosmic that I miss.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    The power gem alone couldn't do what happened. The reality, space, and soul gems would be needed to make a universal effect to randomly kill all animal life in the manner it happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, no, that were all 6 stones together.

Also, when he snapped his fingers, a bright flash happened, so that seems to be the visual feedback when he uses all Gems at once. But whenever he used one specific Gem, there was the respective color glow and a sound effect.
    Wrong, comicbook resources site itself has an article stating the power stone did it, confirmed by the special effects crew working on the movie.

https://www.cbr.com/infinity-war-pow...-universe/amp/

I know in the comics it's all of them working together but the movie is different. If you wanna go off the comics then your "it woulda made a noise" logic doesnt count.
    Last edited by AnimalSquabbles; 08-21-2018 at 05:03 AM.

That makes pretty much no sense.

But still, doesn't matter, as the direct Russo quote above confirmed that Thanos did not use the Power Gem during his battle with the Hulk.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    Wrong, comicbook resources site itself has an article stating the power stone did it, confirmed by the special effects crew working on the movie.

https://www.cbr.com/infinity-war-pow...-universe/amp/

I know in the comics it's all of them working together but the movie is different. If you wanna go off the comics then your "it woulda made a noise" logic doesnt count.
    No, NOT wrong. If it were wrong, Thanos could have immediately done that after taking the stone from Xandar. A little common sense needs to kick in here. Yes. the power stone is capable of killing on a universal scale. It is NOT capable of making 1/2 of all life turn to dust randomly on a universal scale all at the same time. That requires the reality and space stones to focus the effort.

I may not agree with it, but according to the article yes you are wrong. It also disputes your claim of needing to make noise.

Mighty Member

I may not agree with it, but according to the article yes you are wrong. It also disputes your claim of needing to make noise.
    I never made any such claim...and I'll go with my own consistent logic based on the known abilities of the gems versus the special effects crew.

Yeah, thinking about it, it makes no sense. If the Power Gem all alone could have done that, then there wouldn't have been a need for a complete gauntlet. So I guess one can interpret this as the Power Gem doing the actual work with the other gems provoding assistance/powering it up.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The Power Gem/Stone has always been a little problematic for writers. There are more than a few contradictory stories about the gem. Its properties have been defined and redefined in ways that only foment confusion. Originally, the Power Gem had the ability to be used as a power source and magnifier for the other gems. It also had the ability to augment any existing powers that its bearer possessed -- potentially to a nigh-infinite degree. There are some indications that the Power Gem had the ability to bestow powers upon those who had no powers, as well as endow the bearer any type of superpower that ever existed, but we've yet to see that in print.

In any event, in theory Thanos only needs the Power Gem, if it worked to its original specifications, i.e., to augment existing powers to nigh-infinite levels. Thanos without the gem is already a Skyfather Class threat. A gem amplifying that level of power should make the wielder nothing short of nigh-omnipotent. As an Eternal who has mastered all of their disciplines, including psionics (telepathy, telekinesis, pyrokineses, etc.), molecular rearrangement and cosmic energy projection, Thanos with just the Power Gem should have been able to snuff out a sizeable chunk of the known omniverse. That he didn't -- or couldn't -- speaks to either a writer/plot limitation, or a character's "self-imposed" limitation.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-21-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, thinking about it, it makes no sense. If the Power Gem all alone could have done that, then there wouldn't have been a need for a complete gauntlet. So I guess one can interpret this as the Power Gem doing the actual work with the other gems provoding assistance/powering it up.
    IF we assume the power gem alone could do it, one could reasonable assume he wanted the other gems to prevent others from either stopping him or undoing it. The reality gem in its own way is just as powerful, the mind gem could have made him stop, time gem frozen him, etc.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
    Being a huge fan of the Starlin Thanos, I hope Marvel keeps Thanos dead.
    Agree wholeheartedly.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

You should check my Philosophy of Thanos thread.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

This was Just Recently Posted in the Anime Discussion Part II Thread Recently and I also posted it in the Iron Man thread as well. Since Thanos is the Heart and Soul of this Battle I felt that his Thread was also one of the Best places to Post it since he is so Key in the Fight!

This is Taking a Battle that was Already Epic, Making it PLUS ULTRA EPIC!!!

Just Watch;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

The "THANOS LEGACY" one shot really didn't continue the thanos wins story as advertised. It didnt serve any real purpose actually.

Amazing Member

The "THANOS LEGACY" one shot really didn't continue the thanos wins story as advertised. It didnt serve any real purpose actually.
    It mostly existed just to tease the new Guardians book and try to reconcile all the different Thanos threads different teams have had going with seemingly no reference to one another. Not my cup of tea.