Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    Ordinarily the Champion is stronger than Terrax.
    Generally any Elder is stronger than any herald and its really not that close.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Generally any Elder is stronger than any herald and its really not that close.
    Not really. The Elders are a quite diverse bunch and not all of them are super strong. I'd say that it might only be the Champion that is actually stronger than Terrax, even though a lot of them have other powers that could give them an advantage.

[caveat]Or well, that might've been retconned, but the above was at least true in the 90s/before the movies [/caveat]

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    So how do ppl feel about sexy Death?

I really loved how Lemire connected the dots of what happened to Thane from Black Vortex to the present
    Death's pretty in-line with Aaron's Thanos book. I'm ok with it. Though I liked how in Giffen's Thanos Death was a little girl, weirding even Thanos out when speaking of dark desire from that form. "Do I make you uncomfortable? Lesson learned Thanos of Titan. I am Death, I am not of comfort."

But yeah, this issue was awesome. Seeing Thane's journey and how he met Champion was excellent. Not sure about this 'Coven' coming from nowhere though.

Cool

An order of cosmic warlocks? What's not to like?

I felt bad for Thane getting mocked by his uncle.

This series has a good mix of detailing recent continuity, action, dark humor and cosmic drama. I had good feeling about Lemire writing this book (his other space drama Descended is pretty dope as well) from th jump.

Is the Coven new? Aren't they from Starlin's Magus Saga from the 70s?

Incredible Member

Yeah, I'm also liking this book! But was it ever stated that Tryco had a run in with the Astral Coven or why is he depowered? Got a bit confused seeing him stuck in that prison but more so when Thane saidthat Eros is the muscle and the only one who could stand up to Terrax. Ordinarily the Champion is stronger than Terrax.
    I was confused by this as well. Champion sat through the entire meeting and didn't say a word. Thane treated him like he wasn't even there. Champion could beat the crap out of both Starfox and Terrax.

Mighty Member

Not really. The Elders are a quite diverse bunch and not all of them are super strong. I'd say that it might only be the Champion that is actually stronger than Terrax, even though a lot of them have other powers that could give them an advantage.

[caveat]Or well, that might've been retconned, but the above was at least true in the 90s/before the movies [/caveat]
    Let me reword it. Any Elder is more powerful than any Herald. Physical strength varies but when dealing with Power Cosmic and Power Primordial, its becomes important to note that the power extends to physical strength. I'd also say that in no way does Eros have the physical strength to combat Terrax.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Not sure if i posted this already, but Kevin Feige has stated that Thanos is actually the lead character in the Infinity War movie. I'm assuming it's going to somewhat similar to the Thanos Quest story which i think is thanos' best. Woohoo!

Also, anyone else reading the Death Sentence book? Ive just started.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    Not sure if i posted this already, but Kevin Feige has stated that Thanos is actually the lead character in the Infinity War movie. I'm assuming it's going to somewhat similar to the Thanos Quest story which i think is thanos' best. Woohoo!

Also, anyone else reading the Death Sentence book? Ive just started.
    It is a book? Like just words no pictures?

I just got around reading Thanos #4, and it's was pretty solid.

So, Terrax is alive? I thought he was dead, didn't the Phoenix force kill him?

Or did I miss something? Overall, the series is stellar, hope it keeps the momentum going.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 02-27-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Niffleheim

Phoenix Force? Terax was alive in TRO and he is going to be fighting mutants in X-Men Gold
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ah, Thank you.

Oh, yeah. I forgot lol. But yeah I remember, he got killed by the Phoenix force right before AvX started it. He refuse to leave his planet and his planet blew up, by the Phoenix force.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 02-27-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Phoenix Force? Terax was alive in TRO and he is going to be fighting mutants in X-Men Gold
    The Terrax in Time Runs Out is from an alternate reality though. Presumably the one we're seeing now is that one and not the one killed by Phoenix.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Ah, Thank you.

Oh, yeah. I forgot lol. But yeah I remember, he got killed by the Phoenix force right before AvX started it. He refuse to leave his planet and his planet blew up, by the Phoenix force.
    I didn't know about the PF thanks

So I was missing this bit of info to connect the current Terrax running around MU
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-28-2017 at 12:16 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I didn't know about the PF thanks

So I was missing this bit of info to connect the current Terrax running around MU
    Terrax was running around with Drax fighting Foom in his series.