Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I thought the run started very strongly but ended as a bit fan fictiony, whilst the premise that thanos won was interesting it felt a bit sycophantic to the character imo

He's almost too unbeatable at present and has been for a while, a villain whos untouchable isn't really a threat and I think he's been pegged into that hole

Still the final realisation with death was very cool I felt, the fight was enjoyable

I admit I didn't get the green stone bit?
    I think the soul gem (green infinity stone) will be followed up in the upcoming Infinity Wars mini series.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Overall, I think that Lemire's run was better than Cates' run, IMHO. I mean, Cates' run was okay, but I liked Lemire's run a bit better.

Here's hoping Thanos gets another ongoing.
    I 100% agree, I also hope that if the Thanos series does continue that they put Mistress Death on the back burner.
    I think Thanos has worked her out for the tease that she is.
    Move on boy.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

Last I knew in Thor, Thanos and Hela were a couple.

They also made sense.

Don't know what happened with them for simply him backtracking to Death. Is old, tired and dumb for Thanos.

Hela is much MUCH better for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post

They also made sense.

Don't know what happened with them for simply him backtracking to Death. Is old, tired and dumb for Thanos.

I think that the Thanos and Hela story is coming up later in future issues of Thor.

Thanos Annual comes out in two weeks, so the series hasn't actually ended yet.

In addition Thanos: The Infinity Siblings is now available. Amazon says it is coming out next week, but I bought my copy today at my local store.
    https://www.amazon.com/Thanos-Infini...inity+siblings

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post

They also made sense.

I have heard that the scenes from the Thor title featuring Thanos and Hela are after this current storyline.

Speaking of, the recent COC Event featuring the Black Order had some interesting plotlines and art pieces.

It concluded with Thanos and Hela embracing and kissing each other.

Good art too!!!

Astonishing Member

With the new Avengers movie featuring Thanos i got interested in Reading Thanos stories again.
    So far i got the Avengers vs Thanos TPB(That have the first Thanos story arcs) and i am buying the stories of Infinity as well.(The Limited series,and the stories from Avengers and New Avengers from that time.)
    With all these stories featuring Thanos i had read so far,i am looking forward to see how the Avengers movie will have references to these stories,just a way to make me look forward even more the movie.

Great ending for a great series.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Thanos' MCU backstory will be explained in an Infinity War movie tie in novel...

https://screenrant.com/thanos-mcu-backstory-novel/amp/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    Thanos' MCU backstory will be explained in an Infinity War movie tie in novel...

https://screenrant.com/thanos-mcu-backstory-novel/amp/
    Cool! I'll definitely be purchasing it. I feel that it may be the best that we won't get ALL of Thanos' backstory in Avengers: Infinity War. There is so much of it that can be explored, perhaps in a stand alone film for the Mad Titan or even in a MCU Eternals film trilogy.

Thanos: The Infinity Siblings is now available at Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/Thanos-Infini...inity+siblings

Cosmic Ghost Rider spins out of the Thanos title:

COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 (of 5)
    DONNY CATES (W) • DYLAN BURNETT (A)
    Cover by Geoff Shaw
    Variant Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
    Variant Cover by STEPHANIE HANS
    Variant Cover BY MARK BROOKS
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    EXPLODING FROM THE PAGES OF THANOS!
    Frank Castle was the Punisher. A deal with the devil made him Ghost Rider. A deal with Galactus made him cosmic. A deal with Thanos made him…DEAD?!? Not to worry, he’s coming back, and he’s got a plan to make the universe a better place that’s going to lead him into an even CRAZIER adventure than he’s ever been in! Join hot new comic (and cosmic?) writer Donny Cates (THANOS, DOCTOR STRANGE) as he pushes his wildest creation past the breaking point!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Thanos and the Champions together?

INFINITY COUNTDOWN: CHAMPIONS #2 (OF 2)
    JIM ZUB (W) • EMILIO LAISO (A)
    Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    CHAMPIONS…OF THE CHITAURI?
    Nova and the Champions fighting for Thanos? Strange allies abound and sacrifices will be made…One of these young heroes is about to lose everything.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Is Thanos the surprise special guest in Thor 3?

THOR #3
    JASON AARON (W) • MIKE DEL MUNDO (A)
    Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO
    CONNECTING HAMMER VARIANT COVER BY JAMES HARREN (3 of 5)
    Carol Danvers 50th Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    UNHOLY MATRIMONY!
    War rages across the land of the dead, and not even the reunion of Thor with his brother Balder can stop it! Perhaps peace might come from the wedding of the century… in Hel! With Hela, the goddess of death, as the bride, which Odinson brother is going to be the lucky groom? And what special surprise guest is looking to put a deadly stop to the nuptials?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Last edited by Witchfan; 04-17-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Next week is Thanos week with the Avengers Infinity War movie release, the Thanos annual and Venomized# 5.

Has anyone read the new Thanos Graphic Novel by Starlin? I haven't bought it yet but am wondering what everyone thinks.
    "You address omnipotence. Tread carefully."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
    Has anyone read the new Thanos Graphic Novel by Starlin? I haven't bought it yet but am wondering what everyone thinks.
    Not the best Starlin/Thanos story to date IMO. His use of Starfox honestly seemed like a complete disservice to the character and completely went against every other appearance the character ever had. I mean it was almost Bendis like in the way it flew against Starfox's prior characterization. And the over all story seemed like one of those 3 am fever dream type ideas that were much cooler in your head than they are on paper.

IMO his weakest Thanos story to date, and I consider myself one of the biggest Thanos fans alive.