Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

a lot of you know about green lantern being slightly visible on one of Thanos' monitors in a silver surfer issue where he is confronted by Champion. I don't see this mentioned at all, but in his little known arc in Secret Defenders, Thanos was observing several villains in order to put together a small team. Darkseid is clearly visible on one of Thanos' monitors...

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    a lot of you know about green lantern being slightly visible on one of Thanos' monitors in a silver surfer issue where he is confronted by Champion. I don't see this mentioned at all, but in his little known arc in Secret Defenders, Thanos was observing several villains in order to put together a small team. Darkseid is clearly visible on one of Thanos' monitors...

While I do see a resemblance to Darkseid, I think it's supposed to be Terrax (upper right corner, correct?)

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    While I do see a resemblance to Darkseid, I think it's supposed to be Terrax (upper right corner, correct?)
    No, that's Darkseid. Terrax is bald ontop, has a purple beard and white eyes, that character has Darkseid's distinctive blue head covering, facial cracks and red eyes (omega beams).

Starlin's Infinity line's not done yet! After the upcoming Infinity Revelation, we get 2 more ogn's. The Infinity Entity and the Infinity Finale...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...er-cosmic-epic

Thanos: Infinity Relativity is out, what's everyones thoughts?

Spoilers...

im tired of Thanos playing second fiddle to Annihilus! Thanos is MARVEL's top villain, yet for the 3rd time they've made it seem that Annihilus is his superior. He was Annihilus servant in Annihilation, he was out manuevered by Annihilus in Thanos vs Hulk and now It can be argued that Annihilus beat Thanos in the Infinity Relativity, ridiculous.
    Last edited by AnimalSquabbles; 06-07-2015 at 06:16 PM.

BANNED

Spoilers...

im tired of Thanos playing second fiddle to Annihilus! Thanos is MARVEL's top villain, yet for the 3rd time they've made it seem that Annihilus is his superior. He was Annihilus servant in Annihilation, he was out manuevered by Annihilus in Thanos vs Hulk and now It can be argued that Annihilus beat Thanos in the Infinity Relativity, ridiculous.
    Was it better than the first one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Was it better than the first one?
    Yes. It was pretty good, built up in suspense toward the end with a twist. Felt like an event, Revelation to me was pointless and confusing. My main complaints are the cliff hanger ending, annihilus vs thanos result, and Starlord being written poorly.

Spoilers...

Well, sure. It could be argued that Thanos underestimated Annihilus strategic proficiency and thus got 'defeated' (I'm suspecting Bultar to be behind that, and that it's more to him than meets the eye). I must say though that Thanos quite handily dispatched of this powered-up Annihilus who in turn quite easily beat Hulk and Gladiator.

When it comes to the story and book itself...I enjoyed it, and more so than Revelation. But, I can't really put my finger on it, it doesn't quite jell with me. The flow feels somewhat off and Starlin is overly describing stuff happening on panel, through Thanos words, that we can already see for ourselves. It's the same feeling I've had with most of his new work, perhaps I've had to high expectations given how I've loved his previous work.

Hulk had a bad showing against Annihilus, due to Starlins poor portrayal of the character, but i dont think he was 'defeated'. I also took offense at Gladiator being said to be even with the Hulk in strength when Hulk's strength is limitless and he defeated Gladiator thr one time they fought. However, I understand that Hulk is basically the universal standard when you wanna convey that a character is strong.

Fantastic Member

Is Thanos vs Hulk worth reading as a Thanos fan?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    Merci mille fois!

I need to read that. Been following the big bugger since Iron Man #55. Starlin is the man.

Besides Stan all you TTB.
    Jim Starlin totally blew my mind with his 1970's Adam Warlock stories and the Metamorphosis Odyssey he launched in Epic Illustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Very Unique and Interesting Idea for a Thread Theme Mr MajestiK, Well Done My Friend! =)

For me I guess we go into Another Thanos One and IMO this might have been the Moment of Moments that has stuck with me the Most not just of Who Thanos is and How he Comes across, but just the Level of Power, Presence and Complete Hopelessness he Brings when he is on his Game!

From Infinity Gauntlet #4!

You Know What is bothe the Funniest Thing and most Terrifying Thing about this Freezing Moment; that I don't even Think Thanos had to Snap his Fingers to DO that to Earth's Heroes, He just did it for FUN!!!
    With the gauntlet, I imagine simply willing it would have been enough. It was done for fun and for our benefit as readers, as with every instance in which people with superpowers gesture when using their powers. It also was to convey how completely and utterly out of their depth the heroes were. Literally, with the snap of his fingers they were completely at his mercy, and he could have ended the whole thing right then and there. He only allowed it to continue for his amusement and to impress Death.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)