Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

This is the second time Gladiator has appeared superior to Thanos and i dont agree with it

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    This is the second time Gladiator has appeared superior to Thanos and i dont agree with it
    Thanos had already fought three waves of very powerful Imperial Guardsman by that point, and was exhausted. I don't have a problem with it. I already stated in another post that Thanos is portrayed as being way too powerful lately. If he's unbeatable, the fights are just massacres, and are pointless and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Thanos had already fought three waves of very powerful Imperial Guardsman by that point, and was exhausted. I don't have a problem with it. I already stated in another post that Thanos is portrayed as being way too powerful lately. If he's unbeatable, the fights are just massacres, and are pointless and boring.
    Regardless of all that, having the most powerful villain in your universe and soon to be main antagonist of two huge films ko'd by a one sucker punch is ridiculous

Astonishing Member

Regardless of all that, having the most powerful villain in your universe and soon to be main antagonist of two huge films ko'd by a one sucker punch is ridiculous
    Except he wasn't just ko'd by one sucker punch. He was ko'd by one sucker punch from a VERY powerful opponent AFTER he had already been worn down by fighting a whole team of other super-powerful opponents. Context is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Except he wasn't just ko'd by one sucker punch. He was ko'd by one sucker punch from a VERY powerful opponent AFTER he had already been worn down by fighting a whole team of other super-powerful opponents. Context is everything.
    He was felled by a punch like a common thug. We all took issue with Bendis having him defeated in similar fashion. And since when is the Shi'ar Guard "the second most feared"... The issue was a let down

Incredible Member

It's like Super-Man taking out Darkseid with a haymaker after Darkseid had the crap beaten out of him by the entire JLA. Gladiator is hugely powerful. It's not like he was taken out by Deadpool or Wolverine. I'm getting tired of Thanos beating everyone in the cosmos without breaking a sweat. This was a breath of fresh air.

Who was the big fat green guy bouncing on Thanos like speedball? I've not seen that guardsman before.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Who was the big fat green guy bouncing on Thanos like speedball? I've not seen that guardsman before.
    Apparently a not before seen analogue of Bouncing Boy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    He is also dieing... I see nothing wrong with him getting knocked out by Gladiator.

BANNED

So Mentor is dead now? After all these years Thanos kills him? Odd no?

BANNED

When was the first time?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I was Happy in the Last issue and GLAD that the KILLING OF 1/2 OF THE UNIVERSE in Infinity Gauntlet was not seen as Undercut by those in the Marvel Universe. Yea even thought it was Undo Dragon Ball Wish on a Dragon Style, Thanos STILL Killed 1/2 of the Universes just to Please his Mistress of Love Death!

That level is Dedicated Killer Only Thanos Can Pull off and it should Never be Undercut!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    He is also dieing... I see nothing wrong with him getting knocked out by Gladiator.
    I agree, you have to keep in mind that he has some form of space cancer and not has been operating at full capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I was Happy in the Last issue and GLAD that the KILLING OF 1/2 OF THE UNIVERSE in Infinity Gauntlet was not seen as Undercut by those in the Marvel Universe. Yea even thought it was Undo Dragon Ball Wish on a Dragon Style, Thanos STILL Killed 1/2 of the Universes just to Please his Mistress of Love Death!

That level is Dedicated Killer Only Thanos Can Pull off and it should Never be Undercut!

I enjoyed this sequence. The question however is: Is Peter Dinklage really playing Pip The Troll?

He was felled by a punch like a common thug. We all took issue with Bendis having him defeated in similar fashion. And since when is the Shi'ar Guard "the second most feared"... The issue was a let down
    its been made pretty clear Thanos is weakened due to him dying from the so called "God cancer". Plus he took attacks from around 10 guardsmen giving everything they had.