Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

I've now managed to finish "THANOS: Death Sentence". What a waste , pure garbage all around.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    I've now managed to finish "THANOS: Death Sentence". What a waste , pure garbage all around.
    Serious ?, I was thinking of picking up

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Serious ?, I was thinking of picking up
    Yes, but I'll go ahead and give a synopsis for those interested and they can decide for themselves if they still wanna read it. Basically, after losing the infinity gauntlet battle, Thanos decides to start all over to try and impress lady death. Using something ridiculously called the "Infinity Wardrobe" Thanos gets reincarnated several times and the story follows his life as whatever new alias he is at the time. For example without getting too spoilery, the first reincarnation is a frail green alien thief named Nil. As Nil, he hangs around bars and joins a group of local petty theives, planning heists and making friendships.
    Last edited by AnimalSquabbles; 03-10-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Niffleheim

Infinity Wardrobe!! Wardrobe? Who wrote this? Don't tell me Starlin? I'll pick up an Infinity Crusade II before i shell out money for an Infinity Wardrobe ( now i'm curious about it lol )
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-10-2017 at 10:28 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Infinity wardrobe lol

OMG the Infinity Wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Infinity Wardrobe!! Wardrobe? Who wrote this? Don't tell me Starlin? I'll pick up an Infinity Crusade II before i shell out money for an Infinity Wardrobe ( now i'm curious about it lol )
    It was written (poorly) by Stuart Moore. There's about 5 or 6 times where a character responds with "Oh,... oh"

Does Thanos interact/battle with other Marvel Universe characters in this novel ?.
    I hope that the current series continues as I am really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Does Thanos interact/battle with other Marvel Universe characters in this novel ?.
    I hope that the current series continues as I am really enjoying it.
    Yes, theres interaction with other MARVEL universe characters. Ofcourse during the infinity gauntlet battle, but also as his different aliases. The Guardians, Kree, Black Order, Pip are all there but what ruins it is that he recognizes them but they dont know it's Thanos.

Spectacular Member

It was written (poorly) by Stuart Moore. There's about 5 or 6 times where a character responds with "Oh,... oh"
    I desperately want to know how writers like that get high profile jobs like this. I mean, maybe they're just friends or dating someone in the company? I own the book too and it's just dreadful. It's absolutely astonishing that it passed Marvel's (minimal) quality control and managed to get published. I couldn't even finish more than 1/3 of it. I'm embarrassed to have it on my shelf. I'd sell it, but who'd even buy it? Uggh. What wasted potential.

Edited to mention: He also got the color of the power gem wrong within the first page of the book. I mean, this is pretty basic stuff. Maybe Marvel should have gotten an author who has actually read their cosmic books to write a Thanos story...
    Last edited by TheManInBlack; 03-16-2017 at 09:42 PM.

That is really disappointing to read, I feel that I will give this book a miss.
    Now Thanos fans, I have asked a question in the X-books section of these message boards. My question is about Thanos and the Phoenix Force, I would value your opinions in answering my question.

BANNED

Yes, but I'll go ahead and give a synopsis for those interested and they can decide for themselves if they still wanna read it. Basically, after losing the infinity gauntlet battle, Thanos decides to start all over to try and impress lady death. Using something ridiculously called the "Infinity Wardrobe" Thanos gets reincarnated several times and the story follows his life as whatever new alias he is at the time. For example without getting too spoilery, the first reincarnation is a frail green alien thief named Nil. As Nil, he hangs around bars and joins a group of local petty theives, planning heists and making friendships.
    Lol wow. Sounds ridiculous.

Niffleheim

THANOS #8
    JEFF LEMIRE (W) • GERMAN PERALTA (A)
    Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
    A threat worse than Thanos.
    • Let that sink in. Worse…than the Mad Titan himself.
    • That’s why we need Thanos.
    Put your thinking caps on Titans, who is worse than Thanos?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Good question.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post

Put your thinking caps on Titans, who is worse than Thanos?
    Umm, the Magus? The Goddess? Akhenaten? Cancerverse Mar-Vell? Annihilus? Yes, Thanos helped defeat them all, but it was because Thanos's help was necessary to do so.