Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I do love Thanos. He's so much fun and complex considering he started off as basically a Darkseid ripoff in an Iron man comic.

But I've been annoyed with recent portrayals of the guy. Mainly I don't like how writers like Bendis and Hickman make it seem like Thanos is obsessed with obtaining the infinity gems or that gathering them all together is a driving force of his. The gems were never anything but a means to an end, the end being to ge into Death's robe. Beyond that he didn't really care one way or the other for the damn things.

Thanos is the best.
    Along with Doom, Magneto and Galactus he is by far the most badass Marvel-villain ever.
    Not only freakish strong, but also one of the most brightest minds in the universe.

Annihilation was not a Thanos story..as it was, he was pretty cool in the book nonetheless. Giffen "got" Thanos and was great writing the character. His "Samaritan" arc(in the Thanos ongoing) , which featured the Kyln and Thanos sticking it to the Beyonde and the 616 debut of Peter Quill was incredibly well written. Even though the Annihilation didn't deal with Thanos (as the main star) he was always a huge part of what Giffen and DnA were doing..culminating in DnA's masterpiece Thanos Imperative.

I'm a big fan of the Starlin cosmic style, but for awhile there we needed a break...Annihilation delivered a welcome tale.

I think there was a real fear by marvel that Starlin had made Thanos such an incredibly complex character, that maybe no body could write him at some point and he would just need to be retired for good.
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 05-04-2014 at 03:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    Wait, wait, Hal Jordan VS Thanos??? When did this happen? I've never even heard of it.
    As mentioned , the silver surfer/Green lantern crossover.

It was collected in the DC/MARVEL: CROSSOVER CLASSICS IV TPB.
    http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...er-classics-iv

The crossover was actually canon in pre-nu52 continuity as it was mentioned by Parallax Hal in the parallax : emerald night one-shot during final night that he has been chasing Cyborg superman all across the universe and into another universe which happened in the crossover.
    The ending of this crossover leads directly to the DC vs Marvel/Marvel vs DC crossover.

*note the corner of the pic , the friendly ring slinger at the time from the other company. Thanos keeps track of all things cosmic.
    Last edited by marshal99; 05-05-2014 at 05:14 AM.

While Infinity was not that great and his characterisation also not perfect, it sure as hel gave him some awesome feats

Every time Thanos gets beaten by a Hulk/Thor-level being, my heart hurts (just like in Bendis' horrible run of Avengers Assemble)

All-New Member

I'm reading Thanos rising as we speak. Its pretty good :3

If I were Thanos I would be pissed at that Infinity Crap. Thanos deserves to be the main character in the title, not 1 issues worth of material.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufyson View Post
    I'm reading Thanos rising as we speak. Its pretty good :3
    Well it would have been good as an alternate interpretaion of him, not as canon.
    Him just imagining Lady Death and outright walking away when she opens him her heart is just not in line with his normal persona.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    It's a crossover called Green Lantern / Silver Surfer Unholy Alliances. I have it in one of the Crossover Classics trades.

Terrax fights GL (Kyle Rayner)
    Parallax tricks Surfer into helping him
    Thanos tricks Rayner into helping him
    Parallax vs Thanos!!!
    Thank you and Awesome!! never would have thought the two of them met and fought!!

BANNED

Thanos vs super skrull

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Rising was really good.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    Wait, wait, Hal Jordan VS Thanos??? When did this happen? I've never even heard of it.
    If I recall right this happened in the green lantern silver surfer crossover.

This when dc had the abysmal mess of making Hal Jordan freakin parallax a damn plot device while Kyle Took over as green lantern.

Is drax without a purpose if he kills Thanos since this is what he was created for?

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Thanos is the best.
    Along with Doom, Magneto and Galactus he is by far the most badass Marvel-villain ever.
    Not only freakish strong, but also one of the most brightest minds in the universe.
    The topnotch one that has both brains and brawn.

Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post

Is drax without a purpose if he kills Thanos since this is what he was created for?
    This is addressed while Thanos is dead/turned to stone after his first story arc, the Cosmic Cube one: Check out Captain Marvel (v1) #58-62, written by Doug Moench. I don't want to give anything away except he and Mar-Vell have hilarious banter as Drax tries to kill him and they almost blow up Denver.

#58 is also where I got my amazing avatar: