Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Yes his son Thane becomes a Phoenix Force host and under the instruction of Mistress Death sets out to kill Thanos.
    Issue# 8 also had Thane with the Phoenix Force, I can't wait.
    I'm hopeful that Thanos gains the Phoenix Force power for himself and that it heals his god cancer that it looks like Hela infected him with, with that kiss in Unworthy Thor# 5.
    I hope you can help me with the timeline here. But in Unworthy Thor #5, Hela, Proxima and Black Swan all met Thanos back at the Black Quadrant. It's then that Hela kisses him. But in Thanos #1, Corvus still had the Black Quadrant, and after defeating him then Thanos shows he has the god cancer.

So he must have been infected prior to the kiss, and prior to controlling the Black Quadrant. Unless the timeline in Unworthy Thor is even further back prior to Thanos #1, where he lost the Black Quadrant and came back to reclaim it, and the god cancer is running its course and getting stronger by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    I hope you can help me with the timeline here. But in Unworthy Thor #5, Hela, Proxima and Black Swan all met Thanos back at the Black Quadrant. It's then that Hela kisses him. But in Thanos #1, Corvus still had the Black Quadrant, and after defeating him then Thanos shows he has the god cancer.

So he must have been infected prior to the kiss, and prior to controlling the Black Quadrant. Unless the timeline in Unworthy Thor is even further back prior to Thanos #1, where he lost the Black Quadrant and came back to reclaim it, and the god cancer is running its course and getting stronger by then.
    Yes it has been said that the events of Unworthy Thor# 5 were before Thanos# 1 which does make sense when you link everything together, continuity sigh :/

Unworthy Thor #2 happens first, then Guardians of the Galaxy #19, then Thanos #1 where he takes back his throne, and then Unworthy Thor #5 he is on his throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Unworthy Thor #2 happens first, then Guardians of the Galaxy #19, then Thanos #1 where he takes back his throne, and then Unworthy Thor #5 he is on his throne.
    That is just freaking irritating :/ I get that a single character being used across multiple books, it'll get messy. But when each of those comic series have their own time-skips, with really no point of reference, that just overcomplicates everything >_<

As much as i love Thanos (and i really think he's awesome), he's kind of being over exposed at the moment which usually turns people off.

That does not bother me, as long as there is consistency.

Love Thanos, so about time we see more of him!

But, getting ahold of the PF would top anything else he has ever done. The ramifications are mind-boggling!

Bendis was one curly mustache from making me vomit with his poorly characterized version of Thanos. I can't with these Marvel editors who also seem to not do their job properly (or not care) considering the latest revelation in X-men: Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That does not bother me, as long as there is consistency.

Love Thanos, so about time we see more of him!

But, getting ahold of the PF would top anything else he has ever done. The ramifications are mind-boggling!
    Totally agree Phoenixx9, Marvel could have a story here that could make the Infinity Gauntlet or Dark Phoenix Saga pale in comparison.
    Its just a shame that atm Cyclops and Wolverine (Logan) are dead, Captain America is evil, Thor is a woman, Hulk is dead.
    Maybe once Marvel sorts out their major characters they could all feature in a massive best selling event.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 04-14-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Bendis was one curly mustache from making me vomit with his poorly characterized version of Thanos. I can't with these Marvel editors who also seem to not do their job properly (or not care) considering the latest revelation in X-men: Gold.
    Thanos saying "Hi", offering Earth peace and being beaten off panel by an overall weak team was extremely upsetting. What was revealed in xmen gold?

Incredible Member

Im relatively new to comics. I was under the impression that Thanos is the most dangerous villain known that is not a Cosmic Entity. I just read the last issue of GOTG, and dude got man handled by the Guardians and then ran away like a chicken. Really? This guy is supposed to be scariest mofo in the galaxy?

Seriously what a garbage issue GOTG #19 was.

Looks like the non caring for their villains in the MCU has rubbed off into the comics. If this is the Thanos we will get in Infinity War, that movie will be hot garbage.
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 04-14-2017 at 03:43 AM.

Niffleheim

This was just an FU from Bendis to Cosmic fans who have endlessly been offended by him writing the GOTG. There is nothing else that makes sense about this garbage i have been reading on this board. I have the issue but i'm afraid to open it.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Among Thanos' powers telekinesis and telepathy are listed, though I wouldn't expect these powers to rival those of Professor Charles Xavier or Jean Grey can anybody tell me when Thanos has recently used these powers ?.

While possessing the Infinty Gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    While possessing the Infinty Gauntlet.
    But wouldn't that be with the mind gem ?.
    When you look up Thanos' powers telepathy and telekinesis are listed among his powers.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 04-18-2017 at 02:57 AM.

I think Thanos always had TP and TK, just not used much.