Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Thanos
    What separates or differentiates him from Darkseid is Darkseid wants to rule the Universe and reshape it to his will Using the antilife equation. So basically the damnedest nightmare of extreme universe makeover.
    While Thanos who is obsessed with the entity Death wants to be her mate and believes this can be accomplished by destroying vast life or all life. Also Thanos has been put in the category of nihilists I don't recall Darkeid being put in that category.
    When there was Imperiex the dc version of Galactus Superman teamed up with darkseid as Darkseid knew refusing hugely likely result in the destruction of the universe leaving not only with Darksied no universe to conqueror but also Apokolips, the anti life equation and everything else including himself would be eradicated and dead.

A great unknown is would Ghost rider's penace stare have any damage on Thanos which makes the person experience all the pain they've inflicted on all persons in their life.

It is egregious that ghost rider with Zatharos in control reported to have the power to rival Mephisto or be god like or boundless according Sorcerer Supreme Doctor Strange has never fought Thanos. One thing is freakin certain there would be freakin mile high damage to the area they fought in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    A great unknown is would Ghost rider's penace stare have any damage on Thanos which makes the person experience all the pain they've inflicted on all persons in their life.

It is egregious that ghost rider with Zatharos in control reported to have the power to rival Mephisto or be god like or boundless according Sorcerer Supreme Doctor Strange has never fought Thanos. One thing is freakin certain there would be freakin mile high damage to the area they fought in.
    Doubt the penance stare can affect Thanos. It doesn't worked on cosmic entites , Deathurge was easily able to shrug off GR's penance stare. Thanos willpower has always been incredible. Willpower can withstand the penance stare. The old ghost rider Blaze had his own hellfire which burns the soul and it overwhelmed Tigra but cap held it together.

Last edited by marshal99; 05-09-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Thanos vs super skrull

what comic is this from?

What comix sis these 2 come from?

An acba figure display pic i set up...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    what comic is this from?
    Secret Defenders 12 - the story continues up to issue 14. Prequel to the cosmic powers mini series starring thanos. (which is not collected as far as i know)

What comix sis these 2 come from?
    Cosmic powers unlimited 1

Quasar 38
    Last edited by marshal99; 05-09-2014 at 10:51 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

what comic is this from?
    Secret Defenders #12

Thank you, i thought i had every thanos appearances. Never heard of this Secret Defenders run.

Doubt the penance stare can affect Thanos. It doesn't worked on cosmic entites , Deathurge was easily able to shrug off GR's penance stare. Thanos willpower has always been incredible. Willpower can withstand the penance stare. The old ghost rider Blaze had his own hellfire which burns the soul and it overwhelmed Tigra but cap held it together.

Yeah but Thanos ain't a freakin entity he's a damn malevolent death loving alien.
    Don't forget captain America is righteous and close to pure as in without sin.

Thanos meanwhile has purposely killed vast amounts of people even bringing silver surfer back as a damn insult. There is a special place in hell for the freakin wicked stuff he has done.
    As I recall not even doctor strange could do a damn thing when ghost rider gave him the penace stare.
    More than likely it overwhelms as it's like having 100 exploding stars thrown at him relentlessly considering he has caused so much freakin suffering it be a lot to experience all that freakin pain.

Now even of he overcome that ghost rider with Zartharos in control one with the power that rivals Mephisto would be a onslaught that Thanos a damn freakin guilty person which make ghost rider's powers effective make him Thanos worst nightmare and Thanos would more then hugely likely lose.
    If we are talking mainly a straight no prep at all.

Squirrel girl beating what the watched claims is not a clone of Thanos is freakin funny.
    Now even if this is the real Thanos not a clone, robot, or some other unauthentic one it's not to be taken seriously as squirrel girl seems like she is Made to be a bugs bunny.
    Last edited by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon; 05-10-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Yeah but Thanos ain't a freakin entity he's a damn malevolent death loving alien.
    Don't forget captain America is righteous and close to pure as in without sin.

Thanos meanwhile has purposely killed vast amounts of people even bringing silver surfer back as a damn insult. There is a special place in hell for the freakin wicked stuff he has done.
    As I recall not even doctor strange could do a damn thing when ghost rider gave him the penace stare.
    More than likely it overwhelms as it's like having 100 exploding stars thrown at him relentlessly considering he has caused so much freakin suffering it be a lot to experience all that freakin pain.

Now even of he overcome that ghost rider with Zartharos in control one with the power that rivals Mephisto would be a onslaught that Thanos a damn freakin guilty person which make ghost rider's powers effective make him Thanos worst nightmare and Thanos would more then hugely likely lose.
    If we are talking mainly a straight no prep at all.
    A lot of the time, or at least in his most famous stories, Thanos has some kind of power-up item making him a lot stronger - Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gauntlet, Heart of the Universe (right?) . . . I don't know enough about the Penance Stare but if it's a magic/somewhat religious power then yeah, I'd say they'd probably work against Thanos. The way out of it, I think, for a writer who wants Thanos to remain pretty much unbeatable would be this: Thanos might not feel any guilt at all for anything he's done. He's tried to change his ways before (though that's usually been retconned) so we know that he's aware that he's done horrible things, but Thanos is supremely selfish and doesn't seem to view other people's lives as as valid/real as his own, and sometimes even views it as relieving people from their suffering (whether they believe it or not). It would be interesting if he did feel guilt because he seems to pride himself on his rationality and logic, being above the petty and senseless influence of emotion (which he leaves to his brother - or at least should, since I think together they'd be more interesting than they are apart - I always talk about that potential though. Like, 5/6ths of what I post is about that, because there's just so much opportunity there - like, for instance, they're both actually motivated by the same thing: love).

But let's be real about Thanos for a second here, at least regarding his love of Lady Death. I don't see some kind of deepness to him here other than immature entitlement. Lady Death has made it very clear that she doesn't like him! But he keeps trying to woo her, then gets angry when it doesn't work . . . He's acting like one of those annoying/creepy guys who doesn't understand that "I'm not interested" does not mean "convince me to like you." It's that whole hero trope of "achieve the goal, get the girl's love as the prize" thing that's in every movie. It doesn't work, Thanos! No means no. Leave her alone.

I haven't read Thanos Rising, though. I know that his backstory was changed, but his backstory/the explanation for his madness/the origin and nature of his relationship with death is changed all the time. It'll probably get changed again in the Thanos Annual that's coming out in a couple of weeks (!).

Quote Originally Posted by CaTigeReptile View Post
    A lot of the time, or at least in his most famous stories, Thanos has some kind of power-up item making him a lot stronger - Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gauntlet, Heart of the Universe (right?) . . . I don't know enough about the Penance Stare but if it's a magic/somewhat religious power then yeah, I'd say they'd probably work against Thanos. The way out of it, I think, for a writer who wants Thanos to remain pretty much unbeatable would be this: Thanos might not feel any guilt at all for anything he's done. He's tried to change his ways before (though that's usually been retconned) so we know that he's aware that he's done horrible things, but Thanos is supremely selfish and doesn't seem to view other people's lives as as valid/real as his own, and sometimes even views it as relieving people from their suffering (whether they believe it or not). It would be interesting if he did feel guilt because he seems to pride himself on his rationality and logic, being above the petty and senseless influence of emotion (which he leaves to his brother - or at least should, since I think together they'd be more interesting than they are apart - I always talk about that potential though. Like, 5/6ths of what I post is about that, because there's just so much opportunity there - like, for instance, they're both actually motivated by the same thing: love).

But let's be real about Thanos for a second here, at least regarding his love of Lady Death. I don't see some kind of deepness to him here other than immature entitlement. Lady Death has made it very clear that she doesn't like him! But he keeps trying to woo her, then gets angry when it doesn't work . . . He's acting like one of those annoying/creepy guys who doesn't understand that "I'm not interested" does not mean "convince me to like you." It's that whole hero trope of "achieve the goal, get the girl's love as the prize" thing that's in every movie. It doesn't work, Thanos! No means no. Leave her alone.

I haven't read Thanos Rising, though. I know that his backstory was changed, but his backstory/the explanation for his madness/the origin and nature of his relationship with death is changed all the time. It'll probably get changed again in the Thanos Annual that's coming out in a couple of weeks (!).
    That second part is not all true..death has a complex relationship with him, its not all been unrequited ..its complex but your statements dont paint an accurate picture of the whole deal.

Thanos is chasing after death, a woman who wants nothing to do with him. She's too busy trying to get Darkseid but Darkseid isn't interested in her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTigeReptile View Post

If I recall right it doesn't matter if the person feels guilt or not if they aren't blind, have a soul plus eyes it's the requirements all of which Thanos along with having created suffering for a person or persons at any point in their entire life.
    Wouldn't doubt some thug trying to retriever canisters for kingpin didn't feel guilty including the dirt he has on his hands figuratively didn't matter ghost rider (dan ketch) gave him the penace stare and was owned.

Madcap is a nihilist that believes life is meanieless still got owned by ghost rider when ghost rider gave him the penance stare. He has a soul, eyes, and he's created suffering by afflicting pain on others his nihilism couldn't save him as he was playing with hellfire.

So Thanos is the personification of not just a lover of death the entity plus obsessed with death the non entity, but also the stubborn delusional male that believes he can change a woman's mind and I don't like you really means in his delusional mind try harder?
    Last edited by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon; 05-12-2014 at 09:15 PM.