Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Thanos is chasing after death, a woman who wants nothing to do with him. She's too busy trying to get Darkseid but Darkseid isn't interested in her at all.

How can that work when darkseid is a dc comics characters?

Is this a parody of Shakespeare story with the same theme of character a wants character b, character b wants character c?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Thanos is chasing after death, a woman who wants nothing to do with him. She's too busy trying to get Darkseid but Darkseid isn't interested in her at all.
    Nothing to do with him and yet in his last death at the hands of drax , wasn't death holding his hands last seen as he was happy ? Can't say that i like Giffen's take on thanos at all but it is what it is. Giffen has death holding thanos hands all the time in the thanos series and annihilation. No idea what hideous retcon the thanos rising mini did for thanos and death but it probably isn't good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    No idea what hideous retcon the thanos rising mini did for thanos and death but it probably isn't good.
    She's a figment of his imagination and Thanos is crazy... or IS HE!
    Basically that's what we're left with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    How can that work when darkseid is a dc comics characters?

Is this a parody of Shakespeare story with the same theme of character a wants character b, character b wants character c?
    Even DC version of death is running from Thanos.

Even DC version of death is running from Thanos.

This is dc death talking to marvel death?

Thanos does have a topnotch unique costume including the chestpiece.
    Hard to confuse Thanos for any other character because his costume is that unique along with the his skin color.

BANNED

This is dc death talking to marvel death?

Thanos does have a topnotch unique costume including the chestpiece.
    Hard to confuse Thanos for any other character because his costume is that unique along with the his skin color.
    Death talking to Marlo.

Just Peter David having some fun with DC's death.

DC's version of death in the sandman series.

BANNED

Sometimes , Thanos just doesn't get much respect.

BANNED

This is awesome what comic is it from?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    This is awesome what comic is it from?

Wait isnt this appreciation? Damn you marvel!

Extraordinary Member

We all love Thanos.

Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    That second part is not all true..death has a complex relationship with him, its not all been unrequited ..its complex but your statements dont paint an accurate picture of the whole deal.
    Yes. You're right. That is an oversimplification. It's also partly sarcastic . . .

So Thanos is the personification of not just a lover of death the entity plus obsessed with death the non entity, but also the stubborn delusional male that believes he can change a woman's mind and I don't like you really means in his delusional mind try harder?
    . . . Because yes, I still believe that Thanos is "that guy," hahaha.

Mostly because in the way stories are normally told, that "pursuit to prove his love" has been told as a noble and righteous tale. The problem with that idea is of course that it completely leaves out the point of view of the woman being, well, pursued. I think Thanos is interesting in that he represents a lot of the stereotypical "male hero" traits: 'logic and rationality over petty emotions and trivial pleasures/distractions,' 'one true love,' 'noble quest,' 'outcast/loner,' 'alpha/strongest/most talented,' 'fixated only on the all-important goal,' 'only relies on himself.'

There are a million tales and stories and movies and comics with lead hero characters just like him. For some people these traits make Thanos a somewhat likable character - the noble demon thing. For other people, it can actually elucidate some of the problems with those "masculine/heroic" traits which when taken to the extreme are quite disturbing, i.e. antisocial sociopath or the obsessive-jealous-delusional-stalkerguy type that you/we mentioned.

I don't know how valid anything else I could say about him is, considering how out-of-date my knowledge about him is. I will say in that picture where death is at his arm, well, since she's the grim reaper or whatever she could just be taking him away (she did the same thing to Mar-Vell in DoCM, too). One angle that could be taken with what appears to be Death's ambivalence towards him is that though the embodiment of Death may look (suspiciously) like a (human) woman, Death's logic/mind/sentience/whatever is beyond any living being's comprehension. Kind of like a "death works in mysterious ways" thing, and though Thanos thinks he has a special relationship or understands more than others, he, of course, does not.

I don't know . . . but I'm STOKED for the 28th.

Did Thanos lose in this comic?
    Lockjaw ain't some damn scrub and ghost rider (blaze) with Zatharos in control doesn't get freakin respect. Pis saves world war hulk, he should have vast feats that last as long as the song god gave rock and roll by kiss.

In marvel adventures I recall Thanos fighting the first captain marvel and the fantastic four.
    Thanos was defeated when invisible woman when she used her telekinesis or some moving powers with her mind to cause dust or something to go down the throat of Thanos which resulted in Thanos passing out.

This still seem like a plausible way to beat Thanos even if it is in Marvel adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTigeReptile View Post
    Yes. You're right. That is an oversimplification. It's also partly sarcastic . . .

. . . Because yes, I still believe that Thanos is "that guy," hahaha.

Mostly because in the way stories are normally told, that "pursuit to prove his love" has been told as a noble and righteous tale. The problem with that idea is of course that it completely leaves out the point of view of the woman being, well, pursued. I think Thanos is interesting in that he represents a lot of the stereotypical "male hero" traits: 'logic and rationality over petty emotions and trivial pleasures/distractions,' 'one true love,' 'noble quest,' 'outcast/loner,' 'alpha/strongest/most talented,' 'fixated only on the all-important goal,' 'only relies on himself.'

There are a million tales and stories and movies and comics with lead hero characters just like him. For some people these traits make Thanos a somewhat likable character - the noble demon thing. For other people, it can actually elucidate some of the problems with those "masculine/heroic" traits which when taken to the extreme are quite disturbing, i.e. antisocial sociopath or the obsessive-jealous-delusional-stalkerguy type that you/we mentioned.

I don't know how valid anything else I could say about him is, considering how out-of-date my knowledge about him is. I will say in that picture where death is at his arm, well, since she's the grim reaper or whatever she could just be taking him away (she did the same thing to Mar-Vell in DoCM, too). One angle that could be taken with what appears to be Death's ambivalence towards him is that though the embodiment of Death may look (suspiciously) like a (human) woman, Death's logic/mind/sentience/whatever is beyond any living being's comprehension. Kind of like a "death works in mysterious ways" thing, and though Thanos thinks he has a special relationship or understands more than others, he, of course, does not.

I don't know . . . but I'm STOKED for the 28th.

Would a example of that be Thanos persistent but then crosses over into delusionalosm?

So Thanos in fact thinks he's damn special when really he isn't. Thanos even with his damn brilliant mind still has a finite brain while death has a infinite brain.

What's the name of the classic John cusak movie where he holds up a radio above his head for a day?
    Maybe he saw that movie and believed I can be that guy that woo's freakin death I'm freakin Thanos and I shall make it happen and won't rest until it does.

In guardians of the galaxy issue 0 I think given at free comic book day Thanos appears.
    No one calls him the mad Titan to Thanos's face which he mentioned. Thor would

Is thanos still frozen like a statue after Infinity? What ever happened to his son?!