Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Thanos looks great in his armour.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    Its easily plausible for a future Thanos to have defeated Galactus the way he did. Galactus could have not fed for a period of time. Plenty of characters over the years have hurt/caused problems for Galactus from Thor lvl characters to skyfather and above.
    Possibly, but still. He'd have to be near death or extremely weakened for Thanos to have hurt him in such a manner. And to be decapitated/one-shot like that? I still believe King Thanos has some kind of powersource that's enhancing his own formidable might.

I mean, I can see him being as powerful as a high-end Skyfather and an equal match for an entity like the Phoenix Force, but a Universal/Multiversal Constant like Galactus? There has to be more to Cates story than what he is revealing so far. We may find out in Thanos #17 or 18.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

I have no issue with Thanos defeating Galactus like that. He has encountered Galactus several times in the past and has pretty much come out on top everytime. It would makes sense that a more powerful Thanos, solely focused on killing and not playing up some scheme, would have an easier time defeating Galactus than before. In fact, Galactus pretty much loses every encounter he ever has. The only real victory i can think of is eating Sakarr, other than that he's been stopped everytime.

Also, Thanos' full armor is confirmed/shown in the newly released Infinity War trailer

BANNED

Its easily plausible for a future Thanos to have defeated Galactus the way he did. Galactus could have not fed for a period of time. Plenty of characters over the years have hurt/caused problems for Galactus from Thor lvl characters to skyfather and above.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    I have no issue with Thanos defeating Galactus like that. He has encountered Galactus several times in the past and has pretty much come out on top everytime. It would makes sense that a more powerful Thanos, solely focused on killing and not playing up some scheme, would have an easier time defeating Galactus than before. In fact, Galactus pretty much loses every encounter he ever has. The only real victory i can think of is eating Sakarr, other than that he's been stopped everytime.

Also, Thanos' full armor is confirmed/shown in the newly released Infinity War trailer
    That's not entirely true. In their first and 2nd encounters, Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet. In their next encounter years later, during Jim Starlin's Thanos mini-series that eventually Keith Giffen took over, Galactus bested Thanos twice, the first in a psychic battle and then easily defeating Thanos in a physical encounter.

I can accept the fact that Thanos' power has grown greater with time. But, still, I cannot see him defeating Galactus so handily, at least not of his own power. Especially given that Galactus casually destroyed countless galaxies battling Tyrant, going up against the Mad Celestials, defeating Lord Chaos & Master Order in their own realm, resisting the power of six Cosmic Cubes, etc.

But, like I said, I do believe there is more to King Thanos than what we've been shown. If that is the case and we get a thorough revelation as to how King Thanos became so powerful, then I believe I and many others will be able to accept/acknowledge how it was possible to defeat all these high-end cosmic beings & abstracts.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Possibly, but still. He'd have to be near death or extremely weakened for Thanos to have hurt him in such a manner. And to be decapitated/one-shot like that? I still believe King Thanos has some kind of powersource that's enhancing his own formidable might.

I mean, I can see him being as powerful as a high-end Skyfather and an equal match for an entity like the Phoenix Force, but a Universal/Multiversal Constant like Galactus? There has to be more to Cates story than what he is revealing so far. We may find out in Thanos #17 or 18.
    The comic already stated Galactus was reeling from King Thanos hunting him.

Galactus isn’t a multiversal being constantly his showings throughout his history have always been up and down. Phoenix has given Thanos trouble, Odin has too.

That's not entirely true. In their first and 2nd encounters, Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet. In their next encounter years later, during Jim Starlin's Thanos mini-series that eventually Keith Giffen took over, Galactus bested Thanos twice, the first in a psychic battle and then easily defeating Thanos in a physical encounter.

I can accept the fact that Thanos' power has grown greater with time. But, still, I cannot see him defeating Galactus so handily, at least not of his own power. Especially given that Galactus casually destroyed countless galaxies battling Tyrant, going up against the Mad Celestials, defeating Lord Chaos & Master Order in their own realm, resisting the power of six Cosmic Cubes, etc.

But, like I said, I do believe there is more to King Thanos than what we've been shown. If that is the case and we get a thorough revelation as to how King Thanos became so powerful, then I believe I and many others will be able to accept/acknowledge how it was possible to defeat all these high-end cosmic beings & abstracts.
    In Statlins run the Galactus who bested Thanos was well fed/not needing to feed. I don’t see how it’s hard for people to understand about Thanos becoming far more powerful with age. The King Thanos that beat Galactus has ages by a million years. Thanos own power itself has increased over a millennia through him using biological implants and the use of death magic/dark arts

BANNED

And once again...

No new issues of THANOS in the June 2018 Marvel Solicitations.

I'm starting to wonder if either Marvel canceled it, which would be a bad move considering the popularity of the villain will become even higher due to AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR... Or it could be that the series is on a hiatus due to the Infinity Countdown event.

I wish we'd get answer from Marvel, Donny Cates, or someone soon!

At least we get to see the cool TPB cover for THANOS WINS.

And once again...

No new issues of THANOS in the June 2018 Marvel Solicitations.

I'm starting to wonder if either Marvel canceled it, which would be a bad move considering the popularity of the villain will become even higher due to AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR... Or it could be that the series is on a hiatus due to the Infinity Countdown event.

I wish we'd get answer from Marvel, Donny Cates, or someone soon!

At least we get to see the cool TPB cover for THANOS WINS.

Hopefully it is just a hiatus, I have asked Donny Cates and he just replied "stay tuned" as it seemed he was avoiding questions on whether the Thanos title had been cancelled.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I know some of you have issue with the "what if" type of story going on, but Thanos #17 was amazing. Seeing Thanos just letting loose with all these brutal feats is almost a dream come true. "Thanos Wins" might be a top 3 thanos storyline for me. The story itself might not be that compelling or deep, but it's an allout action Thanos highlight with almost ridiculously grand elements (showdown with Mjolnir weilding "fallen one", epic)

I know some of you have issue with the "what if" type of story going on, but Thanos #17 was amazing. Seeing Thanos just letting loose with all these brutal feats is almost a dream come true. "Thanos Wins" might be a top 3 thanos storyline for me. The story itself might not be that compelling or deep, but it's an allout action Thanos highlight with almost ridiculously grand elements (showdown with Mjolnir weilding "fallen one", epic)
    And Thanos# 18 which will feature Thanos v King Thanos. If King Thanos wins King Thanos will cease to exist in young Thanos' timeline ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Anyone have a strong opinion on where "The Final Flower" (Logan's Run #6) happens in Thanos chronology (assuming you had to included it and place it somewhere)?

Marvel Cont Project places it early on right after Iron Man #55. Others wonder if it happens after Warlock #15 and before Thanos vs Avengers in Av Ann #7 (where he dies for a bit).

Some point out that Drax is just referred to as The Destroyer in L.Run #6, not as Drax.

I'm doing a custom bind of Thanos stories, so...struggling with the order to use.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-22-2018 at 06:59 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    And Thanos# 18 which will feature Thanos v King Thanos. If King Thanos wins King Thanos will cease to exist in young Thanos' timeline ?.
    The next issue also concludes the "Thanos Wins" story. �� I'm betting on normal Thanos overtaking the King version and finally wedding death, thus winning. Though i assume wedding death would basically mean dying.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I have to admit that this series is losing me fast. Not because of the future story or anything, but just because of the incredible plot armour Thanos is wearing to the point of it just being character breaking.

Thanos is powerful, but just not this powerful. It's over the top and I dont find it enjoyable.

Plus, where do you go from here? If he's that powerful, what threat comes next that's going to make for a compelling story?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It states in his current the older he gets the stronger he becomes/power increases with his age.

Starlin even hits at such a things in infinity finale.
    It has nothing to do with the process of ageing per se, but presumably the fact that he continues to hone his Eternal-based cosmic powerset over time. It should also be noted that Thanos introduced the physical augmentations precisely because they increased his physical traits vs. standard base. That implies that he has -- or at least had -- a physical cap -- a point where he had maxxed out his physical abilities and could not exceed them without external augmentation.

What we know about Thanos will always change in order for him to be the biggest, baddest whatever in the panel...until he absolutely has to be defeated. I think fans tend to greatly overestimate the power of a writer's narrative when it comes to that. He was once turned into stone. Had we not seen that documented, I'm willing to bet that there isn't a single Thanos fan that would have thought that was even possible. They'd certainly argue tooth and nail that something like that could never happen to him again, right?