Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    By the time Marvel : The End happened , Masterson has been buried in the ground for a few years already.
    And as we all know, once comic book characters die...they stay dead.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I assume it's setting up the Thanos graphic novel Starlin did. That should be cool.
    Well, yeah, it was supposed to lead into the Infinity Revelation but this teased a huge battle at the end of time that Annihilus plays a part in. I dont remember hearing Thor, hulk or Annihilus being involved in Revelation but they showed thor and hulks body and mentioned annihilus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsw00d View Post
    And as we all know, once comic book characters die...they stay dead.
    Ah but with his son taking over the mantle , there's no real need for him to be around either.

Extraordinary Member

He'll be back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    Well, yeah, it was supposed to lead into the Infinity Revelation but this teased a huge battle at the end of time that Annihilus plays a part in. I dont remember hearing Thor, hulk or Annihilus being involved in Revelation but they showed thor and hulks body and mentioned annihilus
    I kinda got the impression that it's a tease for something fairly huge, likely a major event combined with Hickman's Avengers stuff, since that's where Thanos is now.

I loved the annual by the way. It was like a love letter to Starlin fans. Welcome back Jim. Welcome back

Just reread the new Thanos Annual and noticed something interesting that i havent seen mentioned anywhere. During the scene where past Thanos tackles Gauntlet Thanos and they fall through different universes, one shows a group of sand people walking some Bantha on Tatooine!
    Last edited by AnimalSquabbles; 06-07-2014 at 04:26 AM.

BANNED

Just reread the new Thanos Annual and noticed something interesting that i havent seen mentioned anywhere. Dusting the scee where past Thanos tackles Gauntlet Thanos and they fall through different universes, one shows a group of sand people walking some Bantha on Tatooine!
    Ha! Good catch!
    Didn't notice that.

I also noticed that they didnt mention the events of "The End"

BANNED

I also noticed that they didnt mention the events of "The End"
    That was kind of strange now that I think about it.
    Maybe like the other "The Ends" it's not in continuity?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    That was kind of strange now that I think about it.
    Maybe like the other "The Ends" it's not in continuity?
    The End outright retconned itself on purpose if I remember correctly. I mean, if it hadn't all be undone nobody would be alive in the MU other than Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    The End outright retconned itself on purpose if I remember correctly. I mean, if it hadn't all be undone nobody would be alive in the MU other than Thanos.
    Exactly. Only Thanos and Warlock know what really happened. It also at the time supposedly made it that no one could be resurrected, but that didnt last long lol

New to comics

Default Big Thanos fan

Im a huge fan of Thanos but Im new to comic books and if people could make recommendations on good Thanos reading material that would be great also any other recommendations would be nice I like to have a wide range to pick from.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Infinity Gauntlet! There's a upcoming omnibus including all the tie ins otr you could get the event itself only
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Warlock by Jim Starlin: The Complete Collection. This is where Thanos truly become such an amazing character.

Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos. This is where Thanos came back and really started on his path to being the premire cosmic power.

The Infinity Gauntlet. Thanos become the most powerful being in existance. This story is the continuation of what was going on in the Rebirth of Thanos trade.

Those are the 3 must haves for classic Thanos.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 06-30-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

I'd add The Life and Death of Captain Marvel, which includes the stories where Thanos first appears.