Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

i don't think it was due to the power stone that he was able to wallop the green monster there was a tinge of the colour representing the stone in the immediate surrounding whenever Thanos used one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    Two points i wanna bring up about Infinity War...

[spoiler]

1. It's being overlooked that Thanos has the power gem when he beat up Hulk

2. I'd like to see a comic or a flashback in Avengers 4 showing how he got the Power stone when he "decimated Xandar". Maybe theyd be able to bring in Nova into the mcu in 4

[/spoiler]
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    What I saw was a smarter and more skilled fighter give Hulk a brand new experience; one that scared him into hiding. Thanos was a straight up beast.
    Yeah but the power gem is usually said to be powering the other gems. Just having it increases your power. I think theres debate n whether or not it affected that scene. Those are my two favorite characters so i dont know what to think lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    yep! Cowering Hulk reminded me of the neighbourhood bully hiding behind window curtains after getting a good whooping
    Yes, but there was a point when Hulk was choking him and he grabbed Hulk's wrist, easily peeling Hulks hands off his neck. Thus, he overpowered Hulk which isn't necessarily the norm
    Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Yet when the Black Order wanted to intervene, I think it was Ebony Maw who said let Thanos have his fun, which means he knew what the outcome was going to be, simply by knowing Thanos' physical prowess.
    Stark beat the Hulk into unconsciousness with one of his armors. I think a titan, as introduced in the cinematic universe, might be able to replicate the feat; given the element of surprise. Hulk is not a martial artist. he was outfought more than outmuscled.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Hulk was beaten by a more skilled fighter, plus Thanos did have the power gem in his possession.
    Whether it was activated only Thanos knows.
    I expect retribution for Hulk in Avengers 4 Endgame.
    What could snap Hulk out of being afraid ?, maybe Black Widows life being threatened ?.
    I can't wait for the next movie.
    As a boxer/mixed martial artist, i understand completely that Hulk was outfought by a better technical fighter. What im talking about is the scene where Thanos easily peeled Hulks grip off, that could be because the power stone or maybe mcu Thanos' strength level is upgraded
    I look at it this way. Thanos was armored and had the Power Stone. That alone combined with the Space Stone, as Banner stated, would make him the most powerful being in the universe. If Thanos is as strong or stronger than a non-fully enraged Hulk, then adding in the armor and Power Stone greatly increases his formidable stats. Plus, I also like to take in these facts and evidence regarding the whole confrontation.

*The only time Hulk was ever hurt or truly bleed quite a bit was in the MCU prior to his altercation with Thanos was when he fought Abomination in Incredible Hulk (2008).

*Tony Stark's Hulkbuster only managed to enrage Hulk more than actually hurt him in Avengers: Age of Ultron, but if it had not had its parts constantly replaced it would not lasted as long as it did. And if it were not for the Scarlet Witch's mind control being broken, the Hulk would have continued his rampage and killed Tony in the process.

*Thor's best and most powerful shots could only slightly faze the Hulk in Avengers (2012) and Thor: Ragnarok (whether it be with Mjolnir or lightning enhanced blows with power that's only been shown thrice in Thor: Ragnarok, two being against Hulk and one when he unleashed a massive thunderbolt assault on Hela).

*The Hulk was taking on Thanos who possessed the Power Gem, which was glowing with power beforehand. It is not entirely impossible he used the Infinity Stone to enhance his own immense power and blows, thus a possible reason why he was able to overpower and brutally pummel the Hulk with a flurry of powerful blows.

*Out of all those on the ship, including Thor and the Asgardians, the Hulk was the only one left standing and still able to fight against Thanos. Thor was laying on the floor at Thanos feet, battered and coughing/spitting out blood.

*When Thor went to attack Thanos after he laid out the Hulk, he got in one hit on Thanos who wasn't even phased and proceeded to one-shot him and have Ebony Maw easily entrap him.

*When Hulk attacked Thanos, he knocked Thanos down and actually hurt him. He even managed to pummel and pin the Mad Titan to the wall. This display nearly caused Cull Obsidian and others of the Black Order to intervene, only for the Ebony Maw to reassure them. And he said and I quote: "Wait. Let him have some fun". After all, Thanos does enjoy a challenge and most likely has never been staggered or harmed by anyone in the universe prior to this.

*Throughout the entire film, when anyone else faced Thanos directly, he laid them out easily if not outright one-shot them without using the gems to enhance his might or really put any full force in his blows. Iron Man, Starlord, Drax, Spider-Man used their speed and agility to get hits in on the Mad Titan, but when he hit them, even while restrained and without the Infinity Stones for enhancement, they were laid out. He even one-shot most of them as if he were swatting insects away. He physically hit Iron Man once and it severely damaged his armor and knocked/ripped the helmet off his head. They were of no threat to him in an actual fight, with or without the Infinity Gauntlet.

*Thor was only able to hurt Thanos by driving a fully powered lightning infused Stormbreaker into his chest with momentum from a vast distance away and in the form of an early sneak attack, and it still only made him drop down to a knee. It should also be noted that Stormbreaker is a weapon that was designed and created for Odin to be the most powerful weapon in all of Asgard by Eitri of Nidavellir. And even then, it seemed to have little effect on Thanos afterwards as no wound was present at the end of the film where he watched the sunset on another planet.

*Nobody else in the entire film, other than the Hulk, went toe-to-toe with Thanos, traded blows with him, and withstood as many powerful hits in a fight with the Mad Titan. They all used speed, agility, and dodged his attacks. Because when Thanos did land a blow, they were laid out in 2-3 blows if not outright one-shotted.

*It has been stated in many interviews that the Hulk is not afraid of Thanos, but is instead impressed with the Mad Titan. Banner, on the other hand, is terrified of the Mad Titan. It has also been outright stated by Mark Ruffalo and the Russo Brothers that Banner and Hulk are having an internal conflict, one that's focused on Hulk becoming his own person/entity and the ever continuing struggle for control between Banner & Hulk. Also, they've stated this is just part of an upcoming large arc and huge role for Banner/Hulk in Avengers 4. Next time we see Hulk & Thanos clash, I'm willing to bet the battle will be quite a bit different, especially if Banner & Hulk see the death or deaths of those they care about and/or decide to finally unleash the rage and power within.

Thanos never used the power gem when stomped Hulk, it’s made crystal clear anytime he used a gem via the noise the gauntlet made and the gems glowing. Thanos first off easily caught Hulk punches, easily overpowering his arms without the gems glowing. Hulks punches never even hurt Thanos despite blindsiding him, Iron Man new nano tech suit did more physical damage to Thanos.

As a boxer/mixed martial artist, i understand completely that Hulk was outfought by a better technical fighter. What im talking about is the scene where Thanos easily peeled Hulks grip off, that could be because the power stone or maybe mcu Thanos' strength level is upgraded
    The Russo’s flat out stated that His own base lvl strength was at least equal to angry Hulk.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Comic book Thanos can go toe to toe with Galactus' heralds and skyfathers. So,it's logical to build his MCU counterpart as capable to beat Hulk without the gems.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

You all seems to be confusing what im saying. Winning a fight and overpowering are teo different thing. Im speaking about one scene where Thanos was shown to be stronger than the strongest being in the universe. Eitherway, i've seen the movie 3 times and might go again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    Thanos never used the power gem when stomped Hulk, it’s made crystal clear anytime he used a gem via the noise the gauntlet made and the gems glowing. Thanos first off easily caught Hulk punches, easily overpowering his arms without the gems glowing. Hulks punches never even hurt Thanos despite blindsiding him, Iron Man new nano tech suit did more physical damage to Thanos.
    Actually, it was glowing beforehand, so he may have used it to a degree. And just possessing the Stone made Ronan FAR stronger and more durable. Even without the aid of the Power Stone, his physical power rivals that of the Hulk, who is the strongest being and one of the most powerful heroes in the MCU. The first charge caught Thanos off guard, but the following barrage from the Hulk was direct and right at Thanos, face-to-face. Any time the other heroes tried to fight him directly, they had to dodge, use agility, or ranged attacks on Thanos because whenever they tried to slug it out with him, he laid them out in 1-3 moves.

And to be exact, it was Iron Man and 6 other heroes who attributed many numerous attacks on Thanos and only managed to soften him up enough to get a single droplet of blood. It wasn't Iron Man alone. It was Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Drax, Mantis, Starlord and Nebula against Thanos. And look at how much attacks and assaults that Thanos withstood unscathed. And, as I stated, they didn't outright trade blows with him like the Hulk did.

They hit and run.

You all seems to be confusing what im saying. Winning a fight and overpowering are teo different thing. Im speaking about one scene where Thanos was shown to be stronger than the strongest being in the universe. Eitherway, i've seen the movie 3 times and might go again.
    Exactly. I'm not upset that Thanos defeated the Hulk, because he wiped the floor with everyone easily, including Thor and all the Asgardians handily before Hulk even attacked (unless of course Hulk was a part of the battle and was sent smashing through the depths of the ship by the Power Stone wielding Thanos only to return and resume the fight, as I cannot see Hulk letting Thor and the others fight by themselves). If he is strong as the strongest being in the MCU, I can accept that it's Thanos. But to outright overpower and pummel the Hulk? I think there's more to it than that, as we know Hulk isn't one to go down easily if at all. This is, in fact, the first time Hulk has been legitimately beaten.

The Hulkbuster only managed to KO a calm Hulk who was messed up from and coming out of a spell from the Scarlet Witch, yet otherwise was incapable of truly hurting the Hulk or drawing a drop of blood. And Thor's best amped and most powerful blows only managed to slightly rattle the Hulk, yet failed to really hurt him, draw blood from him, or KO him.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Actually, it was glowing beforehand, so he may have used it to a degree. And just possessing the Stone made Ronan FAR stronger and more durable. Even without the aid of the Power Stone, his physical power rivals that of the Hulk, who is the strongest being and one of the most powerful heroes in the MCU. The first charge caught Thanos off guard, but the following barrage from the Hulk was direct and right at Thanos, face-to-face. Any time the other heroes tried to fight him directly, they had to dodge, use agility, or ranged attacks on Thanos because whenever they tried to slug it out with him, he laid them out in 1-3 moves.

And to be exact, it was Iron Man and 6 other heroes who attributed many numerous attacks on Thanos and only managed to soften him up enough to get a single droplet of blood. It wasn't Iron Man alone. It was Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Drax, Mantis, Starlord and Nebula against Thanos. And look at how much attacks and assaults that Thanos withstood unscathed. And, as I stated, they didn't outright trade blows with him like the Hulk did.

They hit and run.

Exactly. I'm not upset that Thanos defeated the Hulk, because he wiped the floor with everyone easily, including Thor and all the Asgardians handily before Hulk even attacked (unless of course Hulk was a part of the battle and was sent smashing through the depths of the ship by the Power Stone wielding Thanos only to return and resume the fight, as I cannot see Hulk letting Thor and the others fight by themselves). If he is strong as the strongest being in the MCU, I can accept that it's Thanos. But to outright overpower and pummel the Hulk? I think there's more to it than that, as we know Hulk isn't one to go down easily if at all. This is, in fact, the first time Hulk has been legitimately beaten.

The Hulkbuster only managed to KO a calm Hulk who was messed up from and coming out of a spell from the Scarlet Witch, yet otherwise was incapable of truly hurting the Hulk or drawing a drop of blood. And Thor's best amped and most powerful blows only managed to slightly rattle the Hulk, yet failed to really hurt him, draw blood from him, or KO him.
    Stop lying , the gem wasn’t glowing before hand in the same way he used it on Thor. If you want to ignore what’s made crystal clear in the movie to save face for the Hulk then fine...just don’t expect me to fall for it. Hulks attacks did nothing to Thanos other than unbalance him. Ronan did nothing impressive physically with the power gem. The only impressive thing he did was tanks rockets “moon busting gun” that didn’t even damage the surrounding area. Ronan uses the gem as a extension of his weapon, Thanos had the gauntlet created especially for use with the stones.

Iron man went 1 on 1 with Thanos after he’d disposed of the other hero’s , plus Thanos had 4 stones at that time and Tony managed to draw blood.

Thanos books sold well in April.

Infinity Countdown 2- 67,963
    Thanos 18- 51,259 (better than Darth Vader)
    Thanos Annual- 43,395
    True Believers: Infinity Gauntlet- 36,458
    True Believers: Thanos the First- 30,155

It was skill. He beat the Hulk by knowing how to fight. Hulk needs Banner's intelligence to steer his brute strength.

If you love THANOS and you've seen Infinity War... might I recommend listening to two guys gushing over the movie?
    A podcast I do with my good friend, Maico.
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/1863
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

The Russo’s flat out stated that His own base lvl strength was at least equal to angry Hulk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Comic book Thanos can go toe to toe with Galactus' heralds and skyfathers. So,it's logical to build his MCU counterpart as capable to beat Hulk without the gems.
    This is all what I thought as well. Thanos seemed to just use his own high-level Class 100 strength. I didn't seem any gem flashing. I would also think Thanks would be interested in testing his strength against the Hulk.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

It was skill. He beat the Hulk by knowing how to fight. Hulk needs Banner's intelligence to steer his brute strength.
    Again, i wasn't questioning the fight itself or the outcome. I'm talking about one particular moment in the fight.
    Last edited by AnimalSquabbles; 05-07-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Just bought Rebirth of Thanos and Infinity War. Don't know much about the book Infinity War, without spoiling is Thanos a main character or even in it at all? Because he's not on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Just bought Rebirth of Thanos and Infinity War. Don't know much about the book Infinity War, without spoiling is Thanos a main character or even in it at all? Because he's not on the cover.
    Yeah he’s one of the main/pivotal characters in the story , as well as in infinity crusade.