Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    The infinity wars editor says Thanos death was planned by him as its part of him killing future thanos in cates comic run.
    I was just going to say that this aligned perfectly. Not only the end of Thanos Wins but in Infinity War #1 where Gamora says "Thanos said I was conducting his Requiem". Now add in his new appearance in the underworld in Thor ... and I think we'll see he already has a plan to come back to life ... which honestly ... is just a friggen cool way to kill/resurrect a character (his plan the whole time).

Well done, Marvel. Well done.

Heres hoping that the Phoenix Force resurrects Thanos, it will probably be Hela though.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Lightbulb

INFINITY SIBLINGS SPOILERS AHEAD

The new OGN refreshed my belief that, with the exception of Ron Marz and Keith Giffen, nobody gets Thanos but Starlin and I am not just saying because Starlin made him but because other writers usually write him as a thuggish warlord in the style of Mongul or Blastaar, who just goes through the Marvel universe slaughtering and conquering everything on his path, or as a cosmic version of Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer with daddy issues (i'm looking at you Jason Aaron) and that's pretty much it.

Meanwhile Starlin has him do stuff like that but he just doesn't do it for power or just for the sake of conquest; he has ulterior motives and he is a master manipulator and quite machiavellian. Starlin's Thanos also has a personality other than scary angry evil dude (like he cares about Gamora and Adam Warlock but he's really incapable of being healthy about it).

Heck even when he's trying to impress Death I feel like there's more feeling and tragedy when Starlin writes him. It also helps that Starlin's Death returns Thanos' feelings (it's complicated) it kind of sells their relationship for me.

Even if I am enjoying Cates' Thanos story I find that Thanos is my least favorite aspect about it (Cosmic Ghost Rider and me wanting to see where the plot goes is what keeps me reading). Hell now that I read Infinity Siblings I could see what Starlin meant as to why Cates' story was similiar to his new Trilogy (has to do mostly with Thanos meeting a future upgraded version of himself and Death also being involved). While Cates' story had some cool moments I feel what I read from it doesn't really make me care much about Thanos (I felt for Hulk, Surfer, Frank,but not Thanos). I enjoyed the character in Starlin's Infinity Siblings, he finally gave Eros (Thanos' hedonistic douche of a Brother) some character development, not to mention it also dropped a huge "Oh ****" moment towards the end that made me eager to read the sequel.

I also liked that his Thanos cared for his father Mentor (who apparently in that continuity was killed during Rage of Ultron when Ultron took over Titan) in his own way. I dunno but it felt more true to Thanos than Lemire just having him kill Mentor in a violent way (which is just as bad as Kid Thanos vivsecting his almost naked mother).

That said I feel Al Ewing writes a decently good Thanos. I especially enjoyed his talk with Conner Sims and manipulating him which showed Thanos being cunning. I also liked the whole idea Ewing introduced about two Thanos running around in the Marvel Universe (that might have been him trying to make sense between Starlin's Thanos and the other writer's).

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I was just going to say that this aligned perfectly. Not only the end of Thanos Wins but in Infinity War #1 where Gamora says "Thanos said I was conducting his Requiem". Now add in his new appearance in the underworld in Thor ... and I think we'll see he already has a plan to come back to life ... which honestly ... is just a friggen cool way to kill/resurrect a character (his plan the whole time).

Well done, Marvel. Well done.
    Ahahahah! Was hilarious and quite unpredictable. Thanos infinity gem storylines were getting old and they would be totally cashing the movie (they still are but would be too much) if they made him the main character. Still, if this new character can stomp Thanos, should be literally unstoppable by anyone but probably won’t so PIS is expected (even though it was a cheap shot). Thanos speech was a bit lame tho, Thanos should be above the stuff he was saying. Compare Thanos dialogue in a story like Marvel The End by Jim Starlin to this drek.

I grew weary of seeing Thanos written as a barbaric Darkseid wannabe as well of his new unexplained obsession with the Infinity Gems (because that's the only thing editors and writers remember about the character). The real Thanos Will return in the Infinity Conflict OGN by Starlin. Let's not kid ourselves, this Thanos i clearly one of the Thanosi clones or a doppelganger created during the events of Infinity Wars. I'm sorry, i'm not saying that Infinity Wars is going to be bad, i'm just saying that if you don't write Thanos like Starlin then your Thanos is just a faulty clone or doppelganger. I'll stand by that to the end.

Infinity Wars Rewrites a Major Aspect of Thanos’ Continuity

https://www.cbr.com/infinity-wars-re...s-gamora-past/

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Heres hoping that the Phoenix Force resurrects Thanos, it will probably be Hela though.
    I don't understand. Why would the PF be interested in resurrecting Thanos? It's mildly disturbing that it plays any role in his lore, but I thought the same when it came to Odin. Please fill me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Infinity Wars Rewrites a Major Aspect of Thanos’ Continuity

https://www.cbr.com/infinity-wars-re...s-gamora-past/
    It's ludicrous that a worshipper of Death like Thanos would think this highly of making kids. The reason he turned Nebula into a zombie it's because she claimed to be the grandaughter of Thanos in order to claim his spaceship Sanctuary, suggesting that a lover of Death would create life.

Also Thanos adopted Gamora in order to turn her into the best assassin to kill Magus (Adam Warlock's evil twin from the future) since she comes from a different timeline she would have been invisible to Magus (she still failed to kill him at the last second though). Also, Thanos never really cared about ruling the universe but to become Mistress Death's equal and make her fall in love with him.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

The Black Order will be getting their own comic series, starting in November...

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/thanos...l-comic-series

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    It's ludicrous that a worshipper of Death like Thanos would think this highly of making kids.
    I thought I was the only one who felt that way. Anyone truly devoted to Death should not want to contribute to life or perpetuate it in any way, shape, or form, unless as a source of creating more souls to occupy the afterlife. Further, I'm of the opinion that Oblivion (defined as complete and utter "nothingness") should really be inserted into the "trinity" and be equally at odds with both Eternity and Death. Unfortunately, what we see most of the time is Death conflated with Oblivion.

Being a huge fan of the Starlin Thanos, I hope Marvel keeps Thanos dead.
    "You address omnipotence. Tread carefully."

So there was this debate regarding Thanos' fight with the Hulk in Infinity Wars and wether or not he used the power gem

I'm sorry, but there is just no purple glow there whatsoever. Sure, during one shot you (very briefly) SEE the Power Gem, but it doesn't glow in the distinct fashion always seen when he uses one of the stones. Thanos won that round fair and square.

And it is still an awesome moment. Thanos was the real star of this movie!
    Last edited by Anarchist; 08-20-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Aside from the gem not glowing , you don’t hear the gauntlet “power up”. The directors have said Thanos didn’t use the gem as the scence was used to show how much of threat he was

Thats right
    "I mean it's like death comes to call for the Avengers," Joe Russo said in an interview with HeyUGuys, describing what to expect from the Mad Titan. "This is a nearly unbeatable force who is determined to destroy half the life in the universe to bring it to balance. He sees it as an overgrown garden that he needs to prune. As you mentioned, he is fairly invincible. He's a sort of genetic mutation who's the Genghis Khan of the universe. He's unbeatable on the battlefield, stronger than the Hulk, skin is invincible. So it's going to cost the Avengers something to defeat him."
    Doesn't get more clear than this. I mean if the Hulk was stronger and could've beaten him on his own, then the whole 'biggest threat ever' thing just wouldn't work.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

It's also been said the the power gem alone is what killed off everyone and made then fade out, yet we dont see it glow or make a noise at the snap

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    It's also been said the the power gem alone is what killed off everyone and made then fade out, yet we dont see it glow or make a noise at the snap
    The power gem alone couldn't do what happened. The reality, space, and soul gems would be needed to make a universal effect to randomly kill all animal life in the manner it happened.