Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    Believe he's talking about The Infinity Revelation.
    He was just complaining about it earlier in the thread.

Cosmic Power Squats MarvelMETHHEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LunSei Sleidee View Post
    Uhu. I recall when nobody ever posted in the Thanos appreciation thread.
    I suppose appearing in a movie did wonders to his popularity... just like what happened with Loki.
    I dunno, I got amped when I saw Thanos in GotG. Admittedly, I've been a huge fan for like, forever

An article from Marvel 616 Politics "Thanos: The Misunderstood Titan"

Check them out on Facebook too!

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

I like how 'Rising' and 'A God ... listening' introduce that Thanos might actually just be hallucinating Mistress Death, and that's why he's considered "mad". A very interesting new layer. I wonder if we'll get a confirmation on if he is hallucinating or she only appears to him.

Cosmic Power Squats MarvelMETHHEAD's Avatar

AnimalSquabbles, I thought that was cool too but Thanos Annual #1 pretty much said the rules of the universe don't apply to Thanos. If it were a hallucination, I want a really cool reason as to why other than he's just mad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    I like how 'Rising' and 'A God ... listening' introduce that Thanos might actually just be hallucinating Mistress Death, and that's why he's considered "mad". A very interesting new layer. I wonder if we'll get a confirmation on if he is hallucinating or she only appears to him.
    I don't see how thats possible. Death is a very real abstract entity, and she was quite present in front of both Mephisto AND Eros during Infinity Gauntlet. While I can see Mephisto creating a hallucination to manipulate Thanos, and maybe even fooling Eros, Death not only fought Thanos, she fought Nebula when she held the gauntlet. Not only that, lets face it, its Death that resurrected Thanos and gave him a power boost and effectively made him immortal (even more so than being an Eternal).

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I don't see how thats possible. Death is a very real abstract entity, and she was quite present in front of both Mephisto AND Eros during Infinity Gauntlet. While I can see Mephisto creating a hallucination to manipulate Thanos, and maybe even fooling Eros, Death not only fought Thanos, she fought Nebula when she held the gauntlet. Not only that, lets face it, its Death that resurrected Thanos and gave him a power boost and effectively made him immortal (even more so than being an Eternal).
    Yeah, the hallucination of Death just doesn't jive with either Thanos or Death as characters and their past depictions. It's probably the worst of recent Thanos developments and I am sad to hear it continued in "A God...." as I was looking to pick up the trade (the tutoring of Thane by Ebony Maw sounded interesting).

If anyone is a Thanos completionist, like me, and considering picking up the "legacy of Thanos" tpb... I'd say just save your money. I collect/read everything Thanos related, so i was interested in the legacy trade. At $34.95, i waited on it a bit and ended up finding it used for $20 so i picked it up. I find it very dated art and story wise, the pace is slow, the story isnt very interesting to me as a fan of Thanso. The only thanos appearance is by an imposter for 3 panels. It's basically an Avengers vs Skrulls story that happens to take place in Thanos' ship (Sanctuary II) with Nebula playing a small part in it overall.
    Last edited by AnimalSquabbles; 01-07-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    Yeah, the hallucination of Death just doesn't jive with either Thanos or Death as characters and their past depictions. It's probably the worst of recent Thanos developments and I am sad to hear it continued in "A God...." as I was looking to pick up the trade (the tutoring of Thane by Ebony Maw sounded interesting).
    Yes, i know it goes against what we've seen in the past, but it could possibly be a new retcon. We haven't got confirmation yet though. If it is, i actually think it makes Thanos a more interesting character, being insane as opposed to being rejected by his crush.

Yes, i know it goes against what we've seen in the past, but it could possibly be a new retcon. We haven't got confirmation yet though. If it is, i actually think it makes Thanos a more interesting character, being insane as opposed to being rejected by his crush.
    What retcon are you talking about what comic

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    What retcon are you talking about what comic
    "Thanos Rising" and "Thanos: A God Up There Listening" both established that Thanos is the only one that sees Lady Death

Mighty Member

"Thanos Rising" and "Thanos: A God Up There Listening" both established that Thanos is the only one that sees Lady Death
    Which makes sense since we're talking about an abstract entity and one of the three fundamental beings of existence. You forget, Lady Death has appeared outside of stories with Thanos. Hell, she was in the Death of Captain Marvel, and while Thanos appeared as a spirit, he was already dead. She also appeared to Galactus during Byrne's FF run. While Thanos may in fact be mad and hallucinating, this isn't proof.

You guys are missing the point that this is a new thing. I know Lady Death has been visible before in the past, but Thanos Rising seems to have retconned that and continued with it in "A God Up There Listening"

Just like Thanos' origin originally said he attacked Titan and blasted it, killing his mom while Eros and Mentor were off planet. Thats been retconned in Thanos Rising to him butchering her as a childhood experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    A great unknown is would Ghost rider's penace stare have any damage on Thanos which makes the person experience all the pain they've inflicted on all persons in their life.

It is egregious that ghost rider with Zatharos in control reported to have the power to rival Mephisto or be god like or boundless according Sorcerer Supreme Doctor Strange has never fought Thanos. One thing is freakin certain there would be freakin mile high damage to the area they fought in.
    I think the question of whether or not the Penance Stare would work on Thanos is answered in "Thanos: A God Up There Listening". Slight SPOILERS if you havent read it... The Living Planet Ego, in an effort to drive Thanos crazy, shows Thanos all the beings he's ever killed... Thanos was just proud of how many there were lol.

Bump

Today Thanos fans got another taste of Thanos being classy.

Hulk vs Thanos #2 was fun.