Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Avengers Assemble In New "Age Of Ultron" Covers

Ultron gets his close-up in hyper-detailed alternate "Empire" cover.

Full article here.

Cap should be in the middle
    We need better comics

Have we EVER seen a group pohoto where the whole team is together? I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Have we EVER seen a group pohoto where the whole team is together? I don't think so...
    It still lacks the Vision.

I have to admit this team looks really white, wheres Rhodey?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I have to admit this team looks really white, wheres Rhodey?
    Agreed. Everybody shouts "we need diversity" when it comes to the comics, but where is that same outcry when it comes to the movies?
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

I agree. The team is definitely lacking diversity. It's even more obvious when they are all standing together.

BANNED

The message is pretty clear, minorities shouldn't dream of being superheroes.

There are African American characters, but they are only the Tonto to the white guy hero. It will be better when the Black Panther comes on the scene. Maybe the movie could have a black president?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    The message is pretty clear, minorities shouldn't dream of being superheroes.
    What minorities would you add to the team?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    We got War Machine and Falcon right. I mean seriously Falcon was better in WS then Hawkeye was in Avengers.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

And the Scarlet Witch gets the infamous Boobs-and-Butt Pose...
    at least Black Widow is standing like a normal person this time..
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Since we have seen them-Falcon & War Machine. Even if them on the cover would be a repeat of Scream 2 & The Faculty posters (where you had blacks ons the cover and 90% of their footage was edited out (Usher & Quincy Jones's daughter) or they were gone after the first 3 minutes (Oar Epps & Jada Pickett in Scream 2).

And honest as a Person of Color-that cover makes me NOT want to see the film. That cover might have cost this film some money (no matter how small of amount we might think).

We have seen Falcon & War Machine-no excuse for them to not be seen on this cover no matter how little screen time they might actually have.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Since we have seen them-Falcon & War Machine. Even if them on the cover would be a repeat of Scream 2 & The Faculty posters (where you had blacks ons the cover and 90% of their footage was edited out (Usher & Quincy Jones's daughter) or they were gone after the first 3 minutes (Oar Epps & Jada Pickett in Scream 2).

And honest as a Person of Color-that cover makes me NOT want to see the film. That cover might have cost this film some money (no matter how small of amount we might think).

We have seen Falcon & War Machine-no excuse for them to not be seen on this cover no matter how little screen time they might actually have.
    Right. They seriously goofed on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I agree. The team is definitely lacking diversity. It's even more obvious when they are all standing together.
    I agree about that, but like I said above, at least they're starting on the gender diversity. Can we not all agree that having both Natasha and Wanda on the same team is GOOD due to that, at least?

Especially with the actors involved.

Then, we add Captain Marvel, and we get more gender diversity.

We add War Machine and Black Panther and we get racial diversity. Unless Falcon's expanded or upped by Infinity War or so, I'd be more up for that, but depending who we gain or lose due to Age Of Ultron, or by Civil War and on, we'll see if it's a very different lineup altogether.

Black Panther's getting a film and people are complaining?

Captain Marvel's getting a film, and nothing?

C'mon, lads, these are superheroes, it doesn't all have to be about diversity, progress, and social progress. It's heroic people, or not so heroic, doing good things, overcoming the odds, and getting to save lives, cities, countries, or continients, even the planet, or planets. Risking their lives, pushing forward, living another life, trying to live both, risking their life and health.

Risking perception, and familys' safety, loved ones and SO. MUCH. MORE. Why does it have to matter so much if they're black, Latino, Asian, or what have you?

Why can't they just be heroes, and go on with the progress on diversity as we go, as they are doing here, and IN PHASE THREE, something which won't start until 6th May, 2016.

C'mon, it'll work out. Keep pushing for more, and it'll arrive, in Three, or Four, and more and more. This film's done - so let's focus on how to improve it beyond 2015, ah?