Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Indeed I Greatly Enjoyed the Cover, but Agree we need more ethnic diversity in it as well. My hope is to see more Images like these come down the line with other Grand Heroes to show that like Iron Patriot, Falcon and Nick Fury!

As for the Cover Itself and the Pose, All Look Cool, Powerful and Bad-A$$!

Mainly I Really Like Black Widows New Look, Captain America's Look is Awesome and Mostly Scarlet Witch's Pose and Hand Pose just makes me Very Happy! The Hand Pose Many Cause it is More Evidence that Wheaon's Movie is stay true to Wanda's Power Style and How it Looks from the Comics!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    We got War Machine and Falcon right. I mean seriously Falcon was better in WS then Hawkeye was in Avengers.
    No argument here. I liked Sam a lot in that film; Clint just...well, he wasn't well served by the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Since we have seen them-Falcon & War Machine. Even if them on the cover would be a repeat of Scream 2 & The Faculty posters (where you had blacks ons the cover and 90% of their footage was edited out (Usher & Quincy Jones's daughter) or they were gone after the first 3 minutes (Oar Epps & Jada Pickett in Scream 2).

And honest as a Person of Color-that cover makes me NOT want to see the film. That cover might have cost this film some money (no matter how small of amount we might think).

We have seen Falcon & War Machine-no excuse for them to not be seen on this cover no matter how little screen time they might actually have.
    Has it been confirmed that War Machine and the Falcon are in Age of Ultron?

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Has it been confirmed that War Machine and the Falcon are in Age of Ultron?
    War Machine is, and there were pictures, and a clip, all that, same actor, etc.

Not sure Falcon is.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Cap should be in the middle
    Iron Man's more popular. He's the Red Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    War Machine is, and there were pictures, and a clip, all that, same actor, etc.

Not sure Falcon is.
    Wow. As much as I'm looking forward to it, this is going to be one CROWDED movie!

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Wow. As much as I'm looking forward to it, this is going to be one CROWDED movie!
    Well, it remains to be seen how involved Rhodey'll be, but yes, certainly.

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Quicksilver, Nick Fury, Dr. Cho, Dr. Selvig, Serkis' character, a mysterious woman, Ultron, Maria Hill, Loki, Heimdall, War Machine - certainly a fair bit, and possibily more.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I agree about that, but like I said above, at least they're starting on the gender diversity. Can we not all agree that having both Natasha and Wanda on the same team is GOOD due to that, at least?

Especially with the actors involved.

Then, we add Captain Marvel, and we get more gender diversity.

We add War Machine and Black Panther and we get racial diversity. Unless Falcon's expanded or upped by Infinity War or so, I'd be more up for that, but depending who we gain or lose due to Age Of Ultron, or by Civil War and on, we'll see if it's a very different lineup altogether.

Black Panther's getting a film and people are complaining?

Captain Marvel's getting a film, and nothing?

C'mon, lads, these are superheroes, it doesn't all have to be about diversity, progress, and social progress. It's heroic people, or not so heroic, doing good things, overcoming the odds, and getting to save lives, cities, countries, or continients, even the planet, or planets. Risking their lives, pushing forward, living another life, trying to live both, risking their life and health.

Risking perception, and familys' safety, loved ones and SO. MUCH. MORE. Why does it have to matter so much if they're black, Latino, Asian, or what have you?

Why can't they just be heroes, and go on with the progress on diversity as we go, as they are doing here, and IN PHASE THREE, something which won't start until 6th May, 2016.

C'mon, it'll work out. Keep pushing for more, and it'll arrive, in Three, or Four, and more and more. This film's done - so let's focus on how to improve it beyond 2015, ah?
    The thing is, they're starting on it like you say, but how many total movies have been in the series to get to this point? Natasha and Wanda lends itself towards gender diversity but racially, it's still a white washed team.

I think most don't have a major problem with it, it's just noticeable with them standing all together.

Especially since War Machine we know is at least in the movie to some degree, but for some reason still isn't an Avenger. From a marketing standpoint, he's a black Iron Man and not the lead, so it's more obvious why he's downplayed, for Iron Man's sake.

But at the end of Cap:TWS, Falcon and Cap hit the road together after splitting from Black Widow and Maria Hill (who we know joined Stark), which means this movie has to specifically address why Falcon isn't included here. For all intents, his story really lined up with him being an Avenger here, hopefully that gets addressed since he's in Cap 3/Civil War.

Sure, we're getting a Black Panther film after his introduction in Cap 3 (which many predict is the death of Cap), great, but will he one day be good enough for this team? Because so far, War Machine and Falcon haven't made the cut. If I recall correctly, he was the first Black Person on the team in the comics, predating Vision, Capatain Marvel, Falcon and many others.

But why does it matter so much? Because people want to see people and groups that represent them in some part. And even more than that, culturally, racially, and sexually different groupings enhance the idea that ANYBODY can be a super hero in the big leagues, not just the white people. And I think we all really do know that, it's just not what's being portrayed here, and it's what some would like to see.

As a black male I don't expect to identify with Falcon or War Machine just because they're black, but them being black means there's probably some familiarity there from a cultural perspective that isn't there for Cap, a character I like more than them. But it is validation that someone who at least in part has a similar background to me as far as social and cultural identification goes (we at least end similarities with their Armed Forces backgrounds which I have no experience with) can be in the big leagues. Is it necessary? Hell no. I don't need that. Is it great when it happens. Of course.

Mighty Member

I can't wait to see how this Quicksilver compares to Quicksilver in DOFP.