Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Is Daniel Brul "Captain America: Civil War's" Baron Zemo?

A new casting call indicates that the "Inglourious Basterds" actor will wear the purple mask of the Marvel villain in the sequel.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member

Oh god. Would be awesome.

BANNED

There's an "H" in "Bruhl", CBR. Kiel got it right once but spelled it wrong twice.

Edit: It's fixed, nice work. : )
    Last edited by Guest_1001; 01-26-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Very good casting choice if true. Wonder if they will do the sock mask.

Happy to see Baron Zemo showing up on the big screen. I just hope he won't be crowded out in this film, as he's a villain I would like to see get fleshed out a bit or I don't think the impact of who he is will really come across in the MCU.

I am worried about the inclusion of the Super Human Registration Act in the movie's plot. It has to be a pretty different version than what was in the comics or I fail to see how it make any sense in the MCU.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The actor best known for his part as a German sharpshooter turned movie star in "Inglourious Basterds" [...]
    I'd say he is probably best known for his multiple award nominated leading role in Ron Howard's Rush (opposite Thor!)

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post

I am worried about the inclusion of the Super Human Registration Act in the movie's plot. It has to be a pretty different version than what was in the comics or I fail to see how it make any sense in the MCU.
    RDJ hinted today that is has to do with the collateral damage caused by the Avengers in Age of Ultron. I assume the Hulk vs. Iron Man fight plays into it.

Come on Justice like Lightning we need the Thunderbolts to happen!

BANNED

Happy to see Baron Zemo showing up on the big screen. I just hope he won't be crowded out in this film, as he's a villain I would like to see get fleshed out a bit or I don't think the impact of who he is will really come across in the MCU.

No more Avengers.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Logical idea: Have Henrich Zemo be the main villain of Season 2 of Agent Carter (and set up the idea he fought Cap and the Howling Commandoes in WW2) when Captain America: Civil War comes out with Helmut Zemo. Anyway, he's a good alternative to Red Skull.

Fiege already said that the movie would be about who gets to have an oversight over the superheroes and the government wanting to control superheroes after the events of Age of Ultron. Presumably, Stark's guilt over Ultron will be what drives him towards being Pro-Reg.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Given the nature of the plot and how they surfaced in a new form after the Comic Civil War, I wonder if they are intending to have the Thunderbolts as the 'villains' led by Zemo, maybe setting them up for a possible spin off to compete with Suicide Squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Logical idea: Have Henrich Zemo be the main villain of Season 2 of Agent Carter (and set up the idea he fought Cap and the Howling Commandoes in WW2) when Captain America: Civil War comes out with Helmut Zemo. Anyway, he's a good alternative to Red Skull.
    Zemo is better than the Red Skull. Skull is someone you love to hate but I've always felt that Zemo has more depth.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    Come on Justice like Lightning we need the Thunderbolts to happen!
    Someone like Zemo forming his own 'hero' team, the Thunderbolts, and it all hitting the fan when he uses that 'hero' teams access to pull some major crimes, would be one *hell* of a reason why people would support a Superhero Registration Act...

Well, if he's the guy, so be it. I just hope that the "mask" issue is resolved in a way that is not corny. The traditional conceit for constantly wearing it is rather silly, for both father and son.