Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It's definitely funny how an actor known for have charming characters and having lots of fangirls is now playing the creepiest guy in comicdom. Looking forward to the show to see how they deal with Purple Man.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I love the Purple Man; ugh I do not like David Tennant; I do not understand why people think he's such a good actor, I've yet to see anything with him that I didn't feel was too try-hard or just hammy. Boo, boo, boo (but YEY the Purple Man in live action).

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Oh, that's interesting casting. Looks great.

I'm still residually a little puzzled on Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones (especially when other actresses that I thought would "work" better in the role auditioned), but they cast Luke Cage and now Purple Man perfectly, so I think they're exercising good judgment on this show. Now Melissa Rosenberg just needs to translate the witty, gorey darkness she wrote on Dexter into this show. I know that both she and Krysten Ritter really love the character and Alias.

BANNED

AWESOME! I was hoping he'd land a marvel character. Can't wait to see him as purple man

I wonder if he'll actually be purple, given the grim n' gritty street-level tone Marvel seems to be heading for with Daredevil. The inhuman skin tone could add to the creep factor, especially if the reveal is an effect akin to Nicholson's running flesh-toned make-up in the first Batman movie.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I like David, interesting choice for Killgrave.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I wonder what accent they're going to go with concerning Purple Man? They could've potentially gone with slavic, but with Tennant in the role, it's likely he'll sound English.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Well this is certainly a stroke against the series for me. Not many actors turn me off as much as Tenant is able to.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Big fan of Purple Man, big fan of Tennant.

Two thumbs up.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    This one gets it.

Fandom can be just really twisted sometimes, and Tennant has a powerful fanbase. It'll definitely happen. Expecting quite a few fanfics out of this.
    Hannibal fandom is pretty freaky as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I wonder what accent they're going to go with concerning Purple Man? They could've potentially gone with slavic, but with Tennant in the role, it's likely he'll sound English.
    Tennent is actually Scottish. He'll likely do fine.

Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

I doubt the Kilgrave in the show will be the nightmare he was in the comics.

Regardless, that's some inspired casting. I'm excited for this show more than all the other Marvel shows.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I wonder if he'll actually be purple, given the grim n' gritty street-level tone Marvel seems to be heading for with Daredevil. The inhuman skin tone could add to the creep factor, especially if the reveal is an effect akin to Nicholson's running flesh-toned make-up in the first Batman movie.
    I was wondering about that too.

Also, I really doubt they will be as dark as the comic was. That would require HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That is some great goddamn casting.

Also it sounds like they'll just be calling him Kilgrave like the X-Men animated series did.
    Im hoping luke cage calls him the purple f*cker like he does in that scene from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Narciso View Post
    I was wondering about that too.

Also, I really doubt they will be as dark as the comic was. That would require HBO.
    Its netflix they can go as dark as they want. See orange is the new black and house of cards if you doubt that