Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

I love Tennant and Killgrave is one of the most vile, creepy, disgusting villains in all of comicdom. It'll be interesting to see how he'll pull it off.

Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Its netflix they can go as dark as they want. See orange is the new black and house of cards if you doubt that
    It's also Marvel, who've made a habit of avoiding a certain level of darkness to attract a wider audience.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Superman View Post
    It's also Marvel, who've made a habit of avoiding a certain level of darkness to attract a wider audience.
    Agents of SHIELD and Winter Soldier will have a word with you. Also movies like doctor strange and age of ultron will be very dark. Daredevil is told to feel very un-marvel so expect a Nolan like series along with Alias.

I've always felt Purple Man was under _ utilized. He could be Marvels Joker. Potentially no one is scarier. Other villains will kill you. He will rape your sister and make you watch. That's scary. And Tenant is great casting. He's got the charm to pull it off and actually make someone that vile enjoyable to watch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I've always felt Purple Man was under _ utilized. He could be Marvels Joker. Potentially no one is scarier. Other villains will kill you. He will rape your sister and make you watch. That's scary. And Tenant is great casting. He's got the charm to pull it off and actually make someone that vile enjoyable to watch.
    You know what, I never thought about it that much but Goddamn you're right.

so presumably this guy isn't meant to get killed by the end of the series?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I don't think it'd be as fun if we didn't get to see him run into Cage once.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Why do you say that? If they adapt the series the right way his first appearance will be in the flash back episodes that show why she quit which should be around episode 10 and 11, then episodes12 and 13 will be him escaping and attacking her.

Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Agents of SHIELD and Winter Soldier will have a word with you. Also movies like doctor strange and age of ultron will be very dark. Daredevil is told to feel very un-marvel so expect a Nolan like series along with Alias.
    Agents of Shield and Winter Soldier had dark material but didn't include subject matter like rape.

I don't see Alias doing it either. Or at least not to the extent its comic counterpart did.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Agents of SHIELD and Winter Soldier will have a word with you.
    Agents of SHIELD is probably not a good example since one of the major criticisms of the first season was how damn goofy it was for the first half.

But the guy behind Daredevil has already said the Netflix shows will be darker than what you can get away with in the movies or SHIELD. His explicit bar was "Less than Spartacus, more than S.H.I.E.L.D."

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Superman View Post
    Agents of Shield and Winter Soldier had dark material but didn't include subject matter like rape.

I don't see Alias doing it either. Or at least not to the extent its comic counterpart did.
    Tell that to ward was raped by Lorelei in almost the exact same way.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Yesssssssssss. Tennant is joining the MCU! Or MTU!
    Heh ha. Perfect, Debko, perfect.

I have a friend who loves both the 10th Doctor and David Tennant, so should be brilliant news for him.

Hopefully suits the role, the show etc. Only need Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi, and that's every modern Doctor, post-2005, for MCU, with Eccleston as Malekith, and Tennant as Purple Man.

I was just saying Kilgrave to my Dad, thought it sounded very ominous I did. Know the Purple Man's involved now, anyway.

After Broadchurch, sure he has it in him, outside Harry Potter, or Doctor Who, for this.

And Jessica was never raped. She was made to want Killgrave and have to stand and watch as he did other women.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Cool, he's a really good actor. Hopefully he gets more to do and better material to work with than Christopher Eccleston did. Now we just need to get Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi to play Marvel villains and we'll have the whole set of Nu-Doctors.
    Ha ha, lovely! I thought exactly the same way. Sure there's the right roles for them somewhere out there, in the films, on ABC, Netflix, or elsewhere.

Smith may well have more than that, and Capaldi A LOT more.

I welcome them all!!

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
    Oh, yeah I forgot about that one.
    Hard to believe just how many from DW made it to the MCU. Gillan, as mentioned, Coleman, as mentioned, Eccleston, as mentioned, janey. Lovely stuff.