Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    How is Havok supposed to get away with it if Xavier, Emma and the Cuckoos are around reading minds left and right?. Unless Havok doesn't plan to take over and he's just angry because Scott has "gone soft" after being de-inverted.

I think the writers are going to do the same as with the Avengers, and are going to turn the assholemator to eleven because, since the universe is going to be rebooted and the characters replaced, nothing matters.

Next issue: Xavier impregnates Pixie. Storm crowns herself queen of the school and forces the kids to worship her. Rogue comes back and teams with Wanda to kill Storm and take over the school. Rachel starts a polyamory relationship with Sublime, Weapon XIII (AKA bacteria Theragan 24), Carrion, Lifeform and Phallanx. Beast travels back in time and becomes his own father. Magik marries both Kitty Pryde and Colossus. Kitty Pryde murders Colossus out of jealously (so she can have Magik for herself alone). Nightcrawler gets pregnant with Scarlett Witch's demon babies...etc. The universe is going to be rebooted! Everybody go as wild as you wish!
    What makes this especially funny is that these things aren't too far-fetched considering what goes in the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    That made no sense whatsoever, just like Cap doing the same. Damn, that shield has shock absorbers.
    Yes. It's called Vibranium.

An extra-normal element that defies inclusion in the traditional periodical table of elements. It absorbs and redirects kinetic energy to an immense degree.

I'm guessing you've never read Captain America, the Avengers, the Ohotmu, Black Panther, or seen any of the movie media that references it, but that's how it works, and what Cap's shield is partially made out of.

In theory, if Cap's shield was more pure vibranium, and not a mixture of an adamantium-like alloy ( Myron Macclaine who created Adamantium also created the shield) and vibranium, Cyclops beam might not even be able to push Cap back - he'd just press straight through it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post

An extra-normal element that defies inclusion in the traditional periodical table of elements. It absorbs and redirects kinetic energy to an immense degree.

I'm guessing you've never read Captain America, the Avengers, the Ohotmu, Black Panther, or seen any of the movie media that references it, but that's how it works, and what Cap's shield is partially made out of.

In theory, if Cap's shield was more pure vibranium, and not a mixture of an adamantium-like alloy ( Myron Macclaine who created Adamantium also created the shield) and vibranium, Cyclops beam might not even be able to push Cap back - he'd just press straight through it.
    It would also make it impossible to bounce the shield off walls.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Dazzler is going to hook up with Matthew. I called it when he first appeared. His wife was killed by Skrulls and her life was ruined by Mystique. Plus, they're both middle-aged.
    And desparate.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Dazzler is going to hook up with Matthew. I called it when he first appeared. His wife was killed by Skrulls and her life was ruined by Mystique. Plus, they're both middle-aged.
    You're missing the point. This means the return of Dazzler's trolling of Havok ad nauseum. During the Outback days, Dazzler was practically shoving alex's face in the dirt and calling him a p****y everytime she could! I love their dynamic!! so much shade!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Manoman! Here we go again!

Uncanny X-Men is the new Brotherhood.
    I wish they would just go all the way with it. Still playing too nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I wish they would just go all the way with it. Still playing too nice...
    They started being very agressive (provoking a prision's mass escape, killing those prisioners that were guilty of murder, carving an X on the warden's face...etc.), but once Cyclops started recruiting new mutants, he realized that those were normal people, well-integrated into human society, so, if he tried to go Brotherhood of Evil all the way they would leave him. Plus there were those demonstrations of human sympathizers wearing "Cyclops was right" t-shirts, that really touched him...

BANNED

How is Cyclops alife again and didnt he just died in the last isssue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Awww, does this mean no more "Original Sin" tie ins? I had hoped we'd still be knee deep in that storyline while Marvel began their "Secret Wars'" reboot.

I like how the buildings on the left and in the background are obviously photographs with Photoshop layer adjustments and filters applied. The art is finally getting as lazy as the writing.
    Now that's unfair - I mean the artist had to draw one whole person and also Alex Summers. Do you know how taxing it is to draw Alex? Paper just spontaneously combusts, ink runs off the page and no Wacom tablet on earth accepts his facial features...

I hear Marvel has to do an exorcism before every new issue of UA...

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Scott & Alex do like a good freefall mid fight.

Hold it...Let's see...no feet, weird cringey facial expressions, steroids galore, straps, lines everywhere...Could it be a Liefeld drawing?
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-31-2015 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Now that's unfair - I mean the artist had to draw one whole person and also Alex Summers. Do you know how taxing it is to draw Alex? Paper just spontaneously combusts, ink runs off the page and no Wacom tablet on earth accepts his facial features...

I hear Marvel has to do an exorcism before every new issue of UA...

Hold it...Let's see...no feet, weird cringey facial expressions, steroids galore, straps, lines everywhere...Could it be a Liefeld drawing?
    Nah, this comic came out several years after Liefeld had left Marvel. I can't remember who it is, though.

Also, those 'devices' on Alex's shoulders...I always thought they looked like tires. Every time saw him I wondered, 'Why is Alex wearing tires?' .
    A house is not a home without books or cats.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBastet View Post
    Nah, this comic came out several years after Liefeld had left Marvel. I can't remember who it is, though.

Also, those 'devices' on Alex's shoulders...I always thought they looked like tires. Every time saw him I wondered, 'Why is Alex wearing tires?' .
    Darn it...I was hoping it was done during one of his short stays at Marvel in the later years.

Oh geez, those do look like tires...maybe Alex thought they'd help him bounce as he hit the ground?

Also there aren't enough pouches for that to be Liefeld. I don't think I see a single one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Also there aren't enough pouches for that to be Liefeld. I don't think I see a single one.
    Actually you right and no one has a million swords strapped to their backs.

Not a true Liefeld then, just someone doing a cheap imitation of the master's great works. I feel cheated!

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post

Science is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Thunder View Post
    How is Cyclops alife again and didnt he just died in the last isssue ?
    Well, yeah but time travel and stuff so...