Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Patrick Stewart does a lot of TV. Anna Paquin is primarily a TV actress. Even Halle Berry is doing television now.

The days where seeing an A-lister doing television meant it was sweeps, or a sign their career was winding down, are LONG gone.
    Patrick Stewart and Anna Paquin aren't A-listers, and Halle Berry isn't quite the name she once was...although I'm sure it helped that Steven Spielberg's name was all over that Extant show.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

New Mutants could work well, whether they stuck to the original characters for the most part or borrowed others. One idea I have is that they include Jubilee as a main character - she's perfectly for that sort of show but also still recognised to a more casual audience, and Jubilee would easily act as an initial focus character like Skye to set the ball running. They could also consider bringing in some of the more minor newer X-Men from DOFP - I'm sure the actor playing Sunspot would happily return given he had apparently researched the character in advance.

And I would definitely think that Fox consider getting Kelsey Grammar to reprise his role as Beast and be the predominant lynchpin in a New Mutants series.

Alternatively I would love an Excalibur show - Captain Britain, Psylocke, Meggan, Rachel Grey, Lockheed, Pete Wisdom, Alistaire Stuart and the like. Would love to see Kitty Pryde and Nightcrawler but you know Ellen Page would never commit to a TV series and Nightcrawler is apparently involved in Apocalypse so...

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I had given up hope that this rumor was true...this made my morning. I'm more optimistic about this...we all know X-men should've been on primetime long time ago. The superhero genre has hit a nice stride on television and I think the X-verse should be in the mix. Here's what I'd like to see:

-I'd like it to be an FX series on the weekends
    -a modern interpretation in it's own continuity (no links to movieverse)
    -a series about either an active X-men team (Cyke, Jean, Storm, etc.) or an Academy X/New Mutants team in training

I hope they find a creative team who really has a grasp of the material, characters and mythos but most of all I hope they really search high and low for the right actors to make this show work. I choose to be excited! Can't wait!!
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Great news i hope they do a show in the X-factor mold, or something teen -centric. I hope they pick Gen X and New X-men members.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post

Sure, it's so good ratings have dropped in like half.

I'll stick with AOS and Gotham and see how this show is handled.
    You meant their ratings have dropped to AoS numbers? My word, it must be bad then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I had given up hope that this rumor was true...this made my morning. I'm more optimistic about this...we all know X-men should've been on primetime long time ago. The superhero genre has hit a nice stride on television and I think the X-verse should be in the mix. Here's what I'd like to see:

-I'd like it to be an FX series on the weekends
    -a modern interpretation in it's own continuity (no links to movieverse)
    -a series about either an active X-men team (Cyke, Jean, Storm, etc.) or an Academy X/New Mutants team in training

I hope they find a creative team who really has a grasp of the material, characters and mythos but most of all I hope they really search high and low for the right actors to make this show work. I choose to be excited! Can't wait!!
    No one will see it if it's on FX, likely wouldn't get a budget if it was there either. Really, there's no reason any X-Men anything would need to be on FX.

BANNED

You do realize Marvel has to okay this right?

Also AOS has high DVR/stream ratings. Much higher than Sleepy Hollow.

So that argument falls apart.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    I expect this to go very very poorly.
    If FOX couldn't handle Generation X TV show over 20 years ago, I have no faith that their X-Men TV series will do well at all. Considering that it's live action, I do not think that it'll last long either. What FOX should do is revive FOX Kids and make an animated X-Men TV series.

BANNED

Yesssssssssss. This is going to be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    If FOX couldn't handle Generation X TV show over 20 years ago, I have no faith that their X-Men TV series will do well at all.
    If you don't have faith you don't have faith, but I don't think you can use a pilot of a show that wasn't picked up from a time when comic and superhero genre entertainment in both television and film weren't as popular as they are today to validate that faith.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    I expect this to go very very poorly.
    X-men in name only, no attachment to the main series, and shitty FX.. yay FOX?

BANNED

I hope spidey is next with garfield reprising his role

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    If FOX couldn't handle Generation X TV show over 20 years ago, I have no faith that their X-Men TV series will do well at all.
    Alot has changed since then, especially in terms of special effects and the public's acceptance of superhero media. Also, that show didn't really take off for the reason that Fox wanted to pour more money into the X-Men movies which was probably a good idea.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Oh okay, thanks!

I think the movies in their desperation have run the well dry on all the good X-Men villains. Otherwise you'd end up with a show like Gotham where you're constantly up against all the D list villains, which would be terrible.

It'd probably be better to just make the universe completely seperate, but then they have the problems of they can't really use any well know characters because the movies colour people's impressions quite a lot.

I don't see how they can do it without it being a big flop tbh. Unless they can somehow convince one of the movie's A Lister actors to star in it which seems so very unlikely.
    Well, Magneto, Bolivar Trask, Sebastian Shaw, William Stryker, done, and Apocalypse to come next year, partially done last year - but there's always the rest of the Hellfire Club, Mister/Miss Sinister especially, the Cuckoos, I believe, the Acolytes, lots of options, really.

ESPECIALLY Mister Sinister, be it for Gambit, or elsewhere.

I'm definitely up for a new, live action, X-Men show, be it with the young, the old, or big threats, small. Set up spin offs, do a prequel, or paraquel, or just something that's here and now. New timeline preferred, be it 2043 or so, or 1983.

I'm excited and hope it happens, regardless of what members, antagonists, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    X-men in name only, no attachment to the main series, and shitty FX.. yay FOX?
    It's not on FX. It's on Fox. Who care's if it's not attached to the main series?