Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Not everything needs to be a shared universe, you guys.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Generation X, Generation X, Generation X...

it's unlikely that a show would be ready before the 2016 - 2017 season.
    So... this won't be on for YEARS (if at all; not all concepts make it to pilots and not all pilots get selected to be aired).

It's funny, though: If Gotham stays on the air that long, Fox will be airing both a Marvel Comics show AND a DC Comics show!

However the series will fit into the X-Men movie franchise is completely unknown
    If they tie it into the movie franchise, they could have it be about the school we saw at the end of "Days of Future Past," with Storm returning as headmistress (we all know Halle Berry's willing to do television), and with Generation X/New Mutants/New X-Men characters part of the incoming freshman class. And that includes Chamber and Penance, this time around. Jubilee could finally be seen at the school, having been in so many deleted scenes already, lol.

Kitty, Bobby, and Rogue could show up, too, if the actors are willing to reprise the roles for television. In fact, if the movie universe is "rebooting" to the point where the original actors for Storm, Jean, Cyclops, etc. aren't needed, maybe this could be a new home for them... The absence of Wolverine is easily explainable -- that guy is always taking off. (Of course, Hugh Jackman has done television, too, so if they wanted to... Professor Logan, anyone?? ;D).

I know Xavier was returned from the dead, but he doesn't have to necessarily show up in the daily operations of the school. Maybe save Patrick Stewart for things like the pilot episode and the season finale. (I'm getting sooo ahead of myself, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Great news i hope they do a show in the X-factor mold, or something teen -centric. I hope they pick Gen X and New X-men members.
    Either one would be fine by me, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    If FOX couldn't handle Generation X TV show over 20 years ago, I have no faith that their X-Men TV series will do well at all. Considering that it's live action, I do not think that it'll last long either. What FOX should do is revive FOX Kids and make an animated X-Men TV series.
    FOX has gotten a lot better at handling X-Men rights since then, i.e. all the X-Men movies that've been released so far. (Except for maybe Wolverine: Origins, haha).
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 01-26-2015 at 01:03 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Ignoring the movies, an early days series could work on a low budget. Take the original 5, and Xavier, start out with Prof. X finding Scott, telekenetic Jean, a non-furry Hank. Then save the budget for Bobby' s ice and Warren' s wings. No need for super villains until the end of the first season - pitchfork-wielding bigots would do. Then have the first evil mutant or two emerge from the shadows.

This COULD work. Will it? Wait and see.

And there's still no news about the X-Force movie they announced two years ago...

I hope the series covers other heroes : Genesis, Kid Gladiator, Sunspot, Sunfire, Mimic, and other diverse male heroes. I would like to see that than the usual jean grey gang.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    If FOX couldn't handle Generation X TV show over 20 years ago, I have no faith that their X-Men TV series will do well at all. Considering that it's live action, I do not think that it'll last long either. What FOX should do is revive FOX Kids and make an animated X-Men TV series.
    Did Mutant X stop you from watching Marvel stuff? That terrible show was just 10 years ago, and it makes Generation X look like a masterpiece.

I think Jackman and Stewart could realistically be expected to appear once in a season or something, kinda like how Sam Jackson is on AoS every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Did Mutant X stop you from watching Marvel stuff? That terrible show was just 10 years ago, and it makes Generation X look like a masterpiece.
    What???

That show wasn't terrible!

Okay, it wasn't completely terrible!

I found it entertaining. Way better than the Generation X movie and its unnecessary creepy Jubilee undressing scene.

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

BANNED

Again Marvel has to okay it. And don't see that happening without Fox giving something up.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Mutant X had it's highs and lows...but Generation X was way worse IMO....
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

It jumped the shark when they lost Adam and Emma though...so sad...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Again Marvel has to okay it. And don't see that happening without Fox giving something up.
    Why does Marvel have to OK it when FOX owns the rights in this situation...?
    Prεtty Pεnny

BANNED

They have the movie rights.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-series-767143

Read.

Right. It used to be that Marvel didn't care much about studios as long as they made money, hence why so many studios in addition to Marvel Studios had their hands in the pot a few years ago. But now that Marvel wants to shore up as much of its property with appropriate quality control, they're going to be more calculating and careful about Marvel properties in non-Marvel companies, like Fox.

Back to topic, whatever the outcome of this is, it has to be better than 90s Generation X. For one thing, the people pitching this idea are Evan Katz and Manny Coto, who were showrunners for 24 and many other shows that blew Generation X out of the water. If anyone can make a great show, it's them (and in particular, Coto, who has a near spotless record).

This could totally work to our (X-Men fans) advantage. Imagine if FOX wants to do it badly enough, and some kind of hatchet burial is reached!