Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

An X-Men series? Like the idea, but it's Fox. After the way Gotham has gone I don't have high expectations though my expectations aren't too low either. Will keep an eye out for news about it but wary nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisus View Post
    And there's still no news about the X-Force movie they announced two years ago...
    Not done, started, per say, or greenlit. Have to see if it happens, maybe after Deadpool, Apocalypse, or Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Firefly, you left us too soon.
    Ah, always the film and comics.

BANNED

A deadpool tv series is better than a film. Imagine how many moments you'll find on YouTube instead of seeing them for two hours

BANNED

Would someone like Hugh jackman appear in an x-men show? I mean its better to continue wolverine in a series than 3 or 4 sequels.

No word on whether Brian Singer's Bad Hat Harry Productions will be involved at all? Curious.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    You do realize Marvel has to okay this right?
    Basically this. I can't see Marvel agreeing to the show unless they get something out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Basically this. I can't see Marvel agreeing to the show unless they get something out of it.
    like half the profits?

SO who owns the TV rights? ANd why are they not preparing a show as we breathe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    like half the profits?

SO who owns the TV rights? ANd why are they not preparing a show as we breathe?
    Supposedly, Fox have the film rights.

Marvel has the TV rights. But, might be a bit confusing as to why Captain America or Coulson could meet up with Cyclops, but then, not in the Fox films, no mention, etc.

Better not done, all one roof, all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Ashmore, with The Following, Warehouse 13 and Smallville A LOT, so he might be okay too, and, sure Anna Paquin played Sookie Stackhouse for 7 Seasons of True Blood, but might not want another committment, right after, who knows?
    Um, the Ashmore from the X-men movies (Shawn Ashmore) only did one of those series. Namely The Following.
    Warehouse 13 and Smallville were his brother Aaron Ashmore.

I'd love to see Fox do an X-men series. Don't know why there's so much negativity to it. Because of some TV movie from what? Two decades ago?
    Yeah, I'm sure it'll be exatly the same as that. With the same team that did that movie and none of the SFX that can be done nowadays but rather stuff from the olden days. Why would they use any modern resources anyway. /sarcasm

I just hope it'll be New X-Men. Those are the characters I really want to see more from. And since Marvel hates their teen characters, Fox might as well use them.

BANNED

Marvel has the TV rights. But, might be a bit confusing as to why Captain America or Coulson could meet up with Cyclops, but then, not in the Fox films, no mention, etc.

When Marvel tried to make Mutant X they promptly got sued by Fox for breach of their licensing deal, on the grounds that the series was in blatant violation to their rights to the X-Men. Production was ultimately allowed, but ONLY so long as Marvel struck all connections or references to the X-Men both in the stories and in marketing, and the only reason they were even allowed to keep the name was because Marvel and Fox eventually reached a settlement (the lawsuit ultimately doomed the series, anyway, as the production company collapsed in large part due to losses over the litigation).

So no, Marvel does NOT have the TV rights to the X-Men. At least not the live-action television rights (and they haven't indicated an interest in exercising their animation rights any time soon).

BANNED

They do. That was when Fox had money and Marvel didn't. If Fox tried to sue Marvel now, they would have to deal with Disney's lawyers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    They do. That was when Fox had money and Marvel didn't. If Fox tried to sue Marvel now, they would have to deal with Disney's lawyers.
    It wasn't the settlement between Fox and Marvel that allowed Mutant X to proceed, it was the COURT JUDGMENT that it could IF all references or connections to the X-Men were eliminated. So no, Fox having money and Marvel not had NO impact on the series being allowed to continue production. The only point of contention was the name cleared by the settlement was the name.

The exact same thing would happen if Marvel tried to sneak the X-Men into Agents of Shield. Disney's lawyers are subject to the same laws as everyone else, and the law sided with Fox that while the concept of the series was fine, using the X-Men in any way violated Fox's rights.

BANNED

That makes Marvel seem really petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    That makes Marvel seem really petty.
    Well, there's what Ambaryerno said, which migh have more merit, but I was just giving my thought, there, anyway.