Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

First let me echo what others have said: X-Factor Investigations or New Mutants/Academy X.
    Don't really care about the line-ups or continuity, just keep the powers, looks, and personalities the same (not very difficult). Any combinations of the characters will be fun: who wouldn't love to see a young Shatterstar in class with Kid Gladiator always competing. The Stepford Cuckoos harassing Rictor. Wolfsbane making out with Elixir. Wait, that happened. Empath trying to mess with Wallflower's emotions and getting burned. You can't go wrong with any of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I don't see how they can do it without it being a big flop tbh.
    They made a show out of Agent Carter. ANY X-property show has a better chance of surviving than Agent Carter (based on premise alone).
    All they need is some characters from the 90's tv show and it will be a hit. Jubilee is a surefire way to get this done. Multiple Man is another likely hit: he's the single most recognizable x-character to never be featured extensively in a top-tier "X-Men" book, he had a memorable role in X-Men The Last Turd-I-mean-Stand, and Nauruto has the same power (sparking a lot of "Who would win?" debate amongst kids).
    Quicksilver.tk

Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    Go the Generation X route (or New Mutants if that's your style, though Gen X makes a better title for a TV show). Play up the school route, set it in Massachusetts to give it some separation and avoid the need for all the big movie players making regular appearances.
    Except that actual Generation X'ers are now in their 40's. I imagine that the target audience for this will skew slightly younger.

Quote Originally Posted by juggalord View Post
    I think that the biggest hurdle isn't money, believe it or not. A lot of effects that would've been super expensive or even impossible 10 years ago are now much cheaper and easier to do. The real hurdle here is one of being gun shy. These shows need to get over their fear of costumes and code names. Flash is trying and doing decently well on this front, but other shows in the genre are still afraid of being campy. They're not embracing the stuff that made the comics famous. Batman `66, as fun as it was, serves as reminder of what not to do in a modern superhero show. It's a fine line that most shows are afraid to walk.
    And this is exactly why people feel X-Factor Investigations is the best suited for a tv format: their costumes are actual street wear: they don't have any spandex (except for maybe M, depending on how her costume is drawn). The have themed jackets and reinforced pants and leather boots and stuff: stuff that would actually look cool taylored in real life. It would translate exceptionally well:

Quote Originally Posted by dre View Post
    Oh Dear God! WHY?!!!! Why can't Fox just leave my X-Men alone. Haven't they butchered it enough. Why does Marvel hate X-Men?!!! The property that saved their behind. The least they could do is give us proper TV show. This is gonna suck.... it's gonna be a procedural... and it's gonna blow chunks...
    Maybe if you chilled the eff out and waited 2-3 years for them to make the show, you might be surprised. Don't count chickens before they hatch: the success of the Deadpool movie will have a LOT to do with how accurately FOX translates their future properties.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I just hope it'll be New X-Men. Those are the characters I really want to see more from. And since Marvel hates their teen characters, Fox might as well use them.
    Very true. Plus, it's harder to eff up characters when they've been in fewer than 50 issues apiece.
    Quicksilver.tk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I assume you're just trolling but AOS is doing far better than Sleepy Hollow. Everything is doing better than Sleepy Hollow, heck Fox is probably doing this to have something worthwhile to follow Gotham
    No trolling, just didn't know Agents of SHIELD's ratings picked up from being in the 4 millions like they've been almost all of it's second season. Not that it matters, Sleepy Hollow is still a better show even if it's not doing as good.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 01-27-2015 at 02:55 AM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Ah, Starleaf, don't be like that. That person is ME. Thanking them for correcting me - ahhh.
    I tend to be overly formal in my language. Plus, I didn't want you to think I was personally calling you out by naming you. I was trying to be polite.

And of course I'm going to thank them! They did some of the initial legwork in separating out the Ashmores. If I hadn't returned to this thread and been able to mention it myself, I'm just so grateful someone said something about it!

But, didn't realize that, doing well, are these Ashmores. So, one is Iceman, one is Henry Olsen, or that's the same person?
    One's Iceman from Marvel Comics.

The other's Jimmy Olsen from DC Comics.

Oh yes, it certainly it, I was just arguing against the idea that we ALL know Berry's willling to do TV, but yes, Extant is a good example.
    Ahh, I see. I just assume anyone who's seen Extant will know it. And anyone who wasn't aware of Extant previously, but then becomes aware of it, would then know it, as well. And in my mind, those are the only two categories, hence a total of "all."

But, lol, I never expected to be debating use of the English language so much on a comic book forum. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    Except that actual Generation X'ers are now in their 40's. I imagine that the target audience for this will skew slightly younger.
    That's a good point... laymen wouldn't get it. They'd be like "Why is it called Generation X if it's about teens...?" The title really only makes sense for comic book fans. So go with "Academy X" and bring in some New Mutants, New X-Men, etc., too.

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    And this is exactly why people feel X-Factor Investigations is the best suited for a tv format: their costumes are actual street wear: they don't have any spandex (except for maybe M, depending on how her costume is drawn). The have themed jackets and reinforced pants and leather boots and stuff: stuff that would actually look cool taylored in real life. It would translate exceptionally well:
    Not to mention that having one smokin' hot chick in spandex would look interesting put next to all those regular street clothes. She would be set up from the start to be "at odds" with the others, with her haughty attitude and snarky quips helping her be a truly cool b*tch. I like to see those characters on TV and then have some of their past trauma (where applicable -- and it certainly is in M's case) get revealed so that maybe they become a little more sympathetic as a character over time, without said character losing their inherently kick-ass quality. Like Cordelia did on "Buffy" and then on "Angel."
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 01-27-2015 at 09:57 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You're either incredibly naive or have absolutely no understanding of how the legal system works if you think all the lawyers in the world would make Disney invincible to a lawsuit. You don't think Microsoft's lawyers were just as good, if not better? That sure as hell didn't keep them from being beaten to a bloody legal pulp. Disney is NOT above the law, no matter HOW good their lawyers are.

If Disney tries to violate the contract they WILL get nailed. That's why the ONLY two characters Fox has rights to that also appear in the MCU is Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch: Because the licensing agreement SPECIFICALLY makes those two characters unique. Don't you think if they had any sort of legal room to maneuver to get an "A List" X-Men character (case in point: Rogue and Mystique weren't originally X-Men characters. In fact Rogue originated in an Avengers annual) they would have tried to pull it already? The legal precedent is already set: Marvel CAN NOT USE properties Fox has the license to in a TV series. PERIOD. So whatever rights Fox has extends to television as well.
    Yeah except Disney is actually bigger than Microsoft. Also the court dealing you are working with said Fox can't make a tv show and Marvel cant do anything that ties to Fox's X-Men.

They have to get each others approval.

SO neither can make a television show.

Also Marvel doesn't get enough money for them to allow them to do it. WHy so little DoFP merch. Money.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Out of interest, if Polaris appeared as a focus character in a possible X-Factor show, what would people think if she was revealed to be Magneto's granddaughter instead of his daughter? Given the fact Ian's Magneto is about 80 to 90 by DOFP.

Ultimate Member

That would probably work better with her as his granddaughter than his daughter given the age, they could have Alex show up as well being the grandson of the original Havok, just using his granddad's old codename...they could play the Lorna starting out as a baddie but switching sides because of Alex, would be a way to give Lorna a lot of screentime that wouldn't all be about Alex as she'd have to decide exactly where she stood on things and would probably then have scenes with Magneto and others...

I don't think that they'd use anybody that could fly, otherwise they'd have to explain why the characters aren't flying like every episode, and if Terry couldn't fly then she could be excused away as a Black Canary copy that can just do it naturally rather than use a machine, Guido would never look right, Rhane would be hard to use, Jamie is about as interesting as mud to most X-fans, his own fans aside.

THe old X-Factor that worked for the government would have plenty of material to go with...conspiracies, the makeup of the team, how they deal with the press, how would Lorna deal with the press of being Magneto's daughter for starters...

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I tend to be overly formal in my language. Plus, I didn't want you to think I was personally calling you out by naming you. I was trying to be polite.

And of course I'm going to thank them! They did some of the initial legwork in separating out the Ashmores. If I hadn't returned to this thread and been able to mention it myself, I'm just so grateful someone said something about it!

One's Iceman from Marvel Comics.

The other's Jimmy Olsen from DC Comics.

Ahh, I see. I just assume anyone who's seen Extant will know it. And anyone who wasn't aware of Extant previously, but then becomes aware of it, would then know it, as well. And in my mind, those are the only two categories, hence a total of "all."

But, lol, I never expected to be debating use of the English language so much on a comic book forum. ;D

That's a good point... laymen wouldn't get it. They'd be like "Why is it called Generation X if it's about teens...?" The title really only makes sense for comic book fans. So go with "Academy X" and bring in some New Mutants, New X-Men, etc., too.

Ahhh I see, thank you, yes. Seemed a bit dismissive, but understandable now, yes.

Thank you. heard of a Shawn, definitely Aaron, from Seasons 6-8 of Smallville. Learn something new on a Tuesday.

Ah yes, true, but it's just the assumption that ALL knew. Ah, some of the best uses of language, and widest vocabularies in of comics, makes sense, to a degree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Yeah except Disney is actually bigger than Microsoft. Also the court dealing you are working with said Fox can't make a tv show and Marvel cant do anything that ties to Fox's X-Men.

They have to get each others approval.

SO neither can make a television show.

Also Marvel doesn't get enough money for them to allow them to do it. WHy so little DoFP merch. Money.
    I would like to see some proof of this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I would like to see some proof of this.
    Go to Brevoort's forumspring or whatever it was called. He answers a question on it. They don't get enough money from the merch for FF/X-Men.

Incredible Member

Supposedly, Fox have the film rights.

Marvel has the TV rights. But, might be a bit confusing as to why Captain America or Coulson could meet up with Cyclops, but then, not in the Fox films, no mention, etc.

Better not done, all one roof, all that.
    Something I saw, which could have just been speculation, stated that Fox had the live action and film rights, while Marvel has television/possible animated rights to the X-Men, which is why Marvel could do an X-Men animated series if they so chose to, which they haven't.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Out of interest, if Polaris appeared as a focus character in a possible X-Factor show, what would people think if she was revealed to be Magneto's granddaughter instead of his daughter? Given the fact Ian's Magneto is about 80 to 90 by DOFP.
    That...

Makes sense, yes. ;D

And I would be fine with it, so long as she's still a part of his bloodline.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that they'd use anybody that could fly, otherwise they'd have to explain why the characters aren't flying like every episode,
    Do you remember a show called "Dark Angel"...? Characters on that show could super-jump, with super strength, etc. Of course, that show had a big budget. But the point is, they could make it work the limited budget way by mostly just showing them taking off in one scene and and landing in the next. That doesn't take much wire work.

Ahhh I see, thank you, yes. Seemed a bit dismissive, but understandable now, yes.

Thank you. heard of a Shawn, definitely Aaron, from Seasons 6-8 of Smallville. Learn something new on a Tuesday.

Ah yes, true, but it's just the assumption that ALL knew. Ah, some of the best uses of language, and widest vocabularies in of comics, makes sense, to a degree.
    You're welcome. Yes, I do make assumptions sometimes.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Spectacular Member

No way in hell Marvel gives their approval for this unless Fox gives some characters back to Marvel. Not only would any money Disney/Marvel would make from a show not be enough to make it worth their while but any X-Men show Fox produces would be in direct competition with a ABC show which is also owned by Disney.

Ultimate Member

Would it matter about which characters have already been in the movies and which ones haven't, as Madrox, Quicksilver, and Siryn have already been in the movies and maybe Marvel wouldn't be able to use them in a tv show.

Yes I remember the 2 seasons of Dark Angel, but for Siryn so much of the character is her in flight.