Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Trailer looks exciting, this could be more fun than Arrow ... less brooding and gravitas.

Writer #1: "What if we drank some coffee, played with a puppy, and then wrote an episode of Arrow?"

Writer #2: "No one would watch that, Jerry."

Actually LIKES comics!

Looks pretty cool. I hope it gets lighter. Barry Allen and his world are NOT broody and angsty.

Looking at the day and time, it looks like TPTB are determined to make everything Marvel vs. DC: this is airing at the exact same day and time as Agents of Shield will in season 2. I really wish they would stop this foolishness, as it'll hurt both in the long run just like 'Batman v. Superman' moving to Marvel's claimed release date that ended up being Cap 3 will if they stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Trailer looks exciting, this could be more fun than Arrow...
    True. Although, to be fair, there are Scandinavian crime dramas that are more fun than Arrow.

I'm sure I'll be checking this out, but I am getting very bored with DC's boys-only club, be that TV or cinema. Yeah, there's iZombie, but from the synopsis, that's only the very loosest of adaptations (and apparently won't be airing until mid-season now anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Writer #1: "What if we drank some coffee, played with a puppy, and then wrote an episode of Arrow?"

Writer #2: "No one would watch that, Jerry."
    I dunno, I could see the writers doing exactly that every time they write Felicity Smoak's dialogue. I mean this in the best way possible, because Felicity is my favorite character on Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I'm sure I'll be checking this out, but I am getting very bored with DC's boys-only club, be that TV or cinema. Yeah, there's iZombie, but from the synopsis, that's only the very loosest of adaptations (and apparently won't be airing until mid-season now anyway).
    Seems like Arrow could perhaps spawn a Birds of Prey series, but I dunno if the CW would be willing to try that again after the first attempt crashed and burned.

I'm probably just dreaming here, but a Suicide Squad series starring Harley Quinn and Amanda Waller would be killer...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tigris View Post
    Looks pretty cool. I hope it gets lighter. Barry Allen and his world are NOT broody and angsty.

Looking at the day and time, it looks like TPTB are determined to make everything Marvel vs. DC: this is airing at the exact same day and time as Agents of Shield will in season 2. I really wish they would stop this foolishness, as it'll hurt both in the long run just like 'Batman v. Superman' moving to Marvel's claimed release date that ended up being Cap 3 will if they stick to it.
    actually Shield is moving up, so Flash comes on before it

Seems like Arrow could perhaps spawn a Birds of Prey series, but I dunno if the CW would be willing to try that again after the first attempt crashed and burned.

I'm probably just dreaming here, but a Suicide Squad series starring Harley Quinn and Amanda Waller would be killer...
    I would love a BoP series done right, but DC can't even get the comics right..
    Suicide Squad would also be really cool.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I kind of doubt it. I assume they're following the Arrow protocol where they co-opt the names of established DC metas and just apply them to nonpowered analogs of the characters in supporting roles.
    Well, seeing as this trailer had two people (Flash and Weather Wizard) wit superpowers, and there were hints of further metahumans in the world now, I think its pretty likely that they will gain powers and adopt those roles down the line.

Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

The "I just wasn't fast enough" line is so, so bad. I haven't cringed so hard in a while.

But everything else looks just plain great. If they can scale back the cheese, this could be a really fun show.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I kind of doubt it. I assume they're following the Arrow protocol where they co-opt the names of established DC metas and just apply them to nonpowered analogs of the characters in supporting roles.
    Could be, but they are very random choices in that case... Caitlin Snow could have perfectly be named Tina McGee. I tend to believe, since this series seems to fully embrace metahumans from day one, that they will end up being their Comic Book alter egos
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, we have a guy who can control the weather, and an evil version of Flash. And that's just in the pilot episode. I'm not seeing how Killer Frost would be so hard to do.

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

Confirms my early suspicions that they'll play Barry Allen as DC's answer to Peter Parker. Grant Gustin even kinda looks like Andrew Garfield.

This could be good.
    Yeah, they dressed him similar too.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

Barry looks and acts more like Peter Parker than the current Peter Parker.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Hearing Barry Allen saying "My name is Barry Allen and I'm the fastest man alive"brought a tear to my eyes. Seriously, I flat out geeked my ass off
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    Hearing Barry Allen saying "My name is Barry Allen and I'm the fastest man alive"brought a tear to my eyes. Seriously, I flat out geeked my ass off
    Totally. That brought a huge smile to my face. It's the little things.
    Russia is cold, why can't Batman have a warm hat?