Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 6 X-Men TV Shows We Need To See Become a Reality

Now that Fox has revealed that it's in negotiations for an X-Men series, here are some shows starring Marvel's mutants that the studio needs to make.

Full article here.

All-New Member

Remember their attempt at "Generation X" with that made-for-TV movie? Boy, did that suck.

GenerationX-poster.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyDerek View Post
    Remember their attempt at "Generation X" with that made-for-TV movie? Boy, did that suck.
    I've said it before in the other thread, but the key difference between that movie and this current proposal is that we have Evan Katz and Manny Coto in charge. They're much higher profile than anyone involved with Generation X, and much more talented, too.

Anyway, I'm not Shatterstar's biggest fan, but I like that he's involved with at least 3 of those 6 ideas (X-Force, Longshot & Dazzler, X-Factor).

Amazing Member

Two Words, District X

I dont do clickbait but is xfactor one of the stories

They should make an Xstatix show it would be the most perfect thing for television.

Excalibur wouldn't work without Captain Britain and Meggan and Fox don't have rights to them because A. they ain't mutants (or at least, Brian DEFINITELY isn't) and B. they debuted in Marvel UK's comics, not X-anything.

I worry that any X-series would just feature the mutants with the most human appearance and the cheapest powers to visualise like Heroes...
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Excalibur doesn't work without Brian or Meggan so that's a no-go. Personally, I'd go with X-Factor Investigations.

I'd like the New Mutants personally. Excalibur and X-Factor are also good options.

Spectacular Member

X-Factor just makes so much sense, and you could do considering most of the powers would work on TV budget. You would also touch characters that will probably never have a major role in the film. If they ever remove the films from Bryan Singer's hands, we could get Jubilee in a major role. We will never get the same for Madrox.

Also, Peter David writes for TV all the time. Hire him as a writer and put him in the writer's room! He could even write the series bible.

Ultimate Member

Though that series ended due to low sales remember, and it'd be odd explaining why the ladies couldn't fly, and we've already seen some of the characters haven't we...at different ages...

X-Factor Investigations or Academy X seems to be the most realistic and logistic approach. I love the idea for Storm, but if they aren't going to use other major X-Men in it looses focus... it's almost Storm's downfall... she's too indie to be mainstream and too mainstream to be indie.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though that series ended due to low sales remember, and it'd be odd explaining why the ladies couldn't fly, and we've already seen some of the characters haven't we...at different ages...
    All-New X-Factor got canceled (low sales stemming from low promotion), but Madrox's X-Factor, which is a different beast, went through a full and complete run, much longer than anyone had forecast. X-Factor Investigations also played a somewhat larger role in the greater Marvel Universe than Serval's X-Factor, too. It wasn't a huge seller, but a consistent seller with a devoted fanbase.

Still, I'd more likely support X-Factor if it wasn't on network TV.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

I love these ideas, especially Academy X, X-Factor Investigations, and Storm: the Series!
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Excalibur wouldn't work without Captain Britain and Meggan and Fox don't have rights to them because A. they ain't mutants (or at least, Brian DEFINITELY isn't) and B. they debuted in Marvel UK's comics, not X-anything.
    Are you sure? You may be correct about point B -- Marvel may still retain the rights to Cap Britain, because of Marvel UK, but I don't think Brian being a non-mutant has anything to do with it.

James Gunn was recently asked whether or not Gladiator would show up in Guardians 2, and he stated that they (Marvel Studios) does not own him.

If Fox currently holds the license for Gladiator and the Shi'ar, then it's possible they own a few of the other non-mutant X-universe characters.