Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Are you sure? You may be correct about point B -- Marvel may still retain the rights to Cap Britain, because of Marvel UK, but I don't think Brian being a non-mutant has anything to do with it.

James Gunn was recently asked whether or not Gladiator would show up in Guardians 2, and he stated that they (Marvel Studios) does not own him.

If Fox currently holds the license for Gladiator and the Shi'ar, then it's possible they own a few of the other non-mutant X-universe characters.
    That's pretty neat, in this context (though that means seeing Capt. Britain lead a team of Avengers ain't happening anytime soon).

As far as other non-mutant characters, we know Fox has the rights to Henry Gyrich, who's generally much more involved with the Avengers. The large extent of his involvement with the X-Men -- aside from a couple storylines in the 80s -- was mostly an invention of the 90s Fox cartoon.

Amazing Member

X-Factor Investigations all day every day. That comic is tailor made for a procedural. Also, almost the entire cast would work out without breaking the budget considering the power sets.

BANNED

I'd do something based around KYost's New X-Men as a way to develop new characters that can take over in the films as the existing cast ages out. Could even make it a rotating ensemble and as one "class" graduates to the films, a new one comes in (and adapting KYost brings X-23 to the film verse, the thought of which makes me happy).

Im hoping for either Academy x or X-factor( either the detectives or the company team

Ultimate Member

-New Mutants/Generation X.
    -New X-Men.
    -X-Factor.

These three make the most sense (especially X-Factor). It's tailor-made for TV and the powers could probably be done pretty well on a TV show budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I've said it before in the other thread, but the key difference between that movie and this current proposal is that we have Evan Katz and Manny Coto in charge. They're much higher profile than anyone involved with Generation X, and much more talented, too.

Anyway, I'm not Shatterstar's biggest fan, but I like that he's involved with at least 3 of those 6 ideas (X-Force, Longshot & Dazzler, X-Factor).
    What is it about Shatterstar that doesn't get you?

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I dont do clickbait but is xfactor one of the stories
    I wouldn't call it that, bit offensive, or mean, man.

You'll have to click on it, and see, but entitled and makes sense to do this article, with the news, though they did do so before.

Up to you, but yet again, feels like you're accusing them of something, and that's not fair, or right.

Accurate, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Excalibur doesn't work without Brian or Meggan so that's a no-go. Personally, I'd go with X-Factor Investigations.
    If Avengers can work without Captain America, Iron Man, or Thor, or X-Men without Cyclops, Wolverine, Iceman, Storm, White Queen, Marvel Girl, Phoenix, Beast, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, or Colossus, I'm sure Excalibur could too.

Quote Originally Posted by thejka View Post
    X-Factor just makes so much sense, and you could do considering most of the powers would work on TV budget. You would also touch characters that will probably never have a major role in the film. If they ever remove the films from Bryan Singer's hands, we could get Jubilee in a major role. We will never get the same for Madrox.

Also, Peter David writes for TV all the time. Hire him as a writer and put him in the writer's room! He could even write the series bible.
    What makes you say that about Madrox, the Multiple Man? And, from what I read with the castings of Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner and Tye Sheridan as Storm, Jean and Cyclops, that X-Men: Apocalypse is Bryan Singers' swan song, so, you could get what you want there.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Fox probably owns a lot of the cosmic races which come under X-men like the Shiar and Brood or the FF like the Skrulls. Brian may be one of those special situations where he comes under both Marvel and Fox. Honestly I would rather have him with mutant characters since when you take away his wife and sister and so many of his friends there's not much left besides the Avalon connections. An Excalibur tv show would be awesome.

I would like to see Excalibur or X-Factor. I don't see X-Force becoming a tv series since it is currently being cast as a movie. I also think they should look at the Brotherhood. It was a short lived series (9 issues) but there is enough in it that it could fit into any format (horror, sci-fi, action adventure or mystery) they wanted to use. Plus the mystery of the leader, X, could be played out over a season or more.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by urbanhorror View Post
    Two Words, District X
    Yes that would be great. Maybe District X could be a location for this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I love these ideas, especially Academy X, X-Factor Investigations, and Storm: the Series!
    A Storm TV series would be sooo EPIC! They have a lot of plot material for her that would make for an enticing show. Like an opening season that starts with her early like and criminal history, and builds to her being worshipped as a goddess in Africa.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    All-New X-Factor got canceled (low sales stemming from low promotion), but Madrox's X-Factor, which is a different beast, went through a full and complete run, much longer than anyone had forecast. X-Factor Investigations also played a somewhat larger role in the greater Marvel Universe than Serval's X-Factor, too. It wasn't a huge seller, but a consistent seller with a devoted fanbase.

Still, I'd more likely support X-Factor if it wasn't on network TV.
    A devoted but small fanbase, and you'd have to constantly explain why Terry and M were not flying every episode, and I'd rather not see a few of the storylines from that run make it to television given that they were all done to make Jamie look good and suddenly irresistible to the ladies, ladies that he had no real feelings for, and weren't they already thinking of doing an X-Factor tv show like early last year...is this the same thing or something new...looks to me to be something new and different than that.

Spectacular Member

If Nightcrawler could somehow be a regular on the upcoming show, that would be terrific. However, if television is only able to depict him in obvious, heavy make-up, then I say just save Kurt for the occasional episode (lurking in shadows to supplement the occasional budget splurge).

Fox should just avoid including those characters that require ridiculous amounts of face paint and goofy wigs, something not even the movies have been unable mask. Bye-bye to Beast, Nightcrawler, Skin, Anole, Feral, and other wonderful characters because of this, but I'm okay with it unless they can do an admirable job. One sure way to make the average American stay away from the series is to populate it with a bunch of Halloween rejects.

Academy X (or whatever) with the teenagers in school is a good bet. If they can incorporate a mulitcultural cast (Sync, Dust, Jubilee, Husk, etc.), hold the plot to high standards of teenage life other exemplary shows (My So-Called Life, Felicity, and even Dawson's Creek for many years), mix in action - a rival school with the White Queen as headmistress, along with students like Tarot, Jetstream, Catseye, Roulette, and Empath; fighting crime in spite of school policy; and cameos from the big guns like Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Psylocke, etc. , then the show could be a hit.

The investigations theme is also excellent.
    Last edited by Grimsmack; 01-26-2015 at 09:59 PM.