Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Whedon's Marvel Future, Quicksilver's Role & More "Age of Ultron" Details Arrive

New information on the Avengers sequel sets some Marvel film ideas firmly in place while Joss Whedon's next step looks uncertain.

Full article here.

BANNED

I would have liked to see a quote from Johnson about his opinion on Fox's Quicksilver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I would have liked to see a quote from Johnson about his opinion on Fox's Quicksilver.
    I'm sure he'd say something nice, polite, or restrained, and has, already, but yes, bit more from him, or Serkis etc, would be nice.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I'm all for Whedon not returning for the next Avengers movies, at least as director. Don't get me wrong, I love his Avengers work but I'd much rather see him do something original, which is generally where his real passion lies. Ideally, he would still write the Avengers sequels with someone else directing but between Whedon work-for-hire and a Whedon original, I'd take the latter any day of the week.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I would be cool with Whedon stepping away from the Avengers films. Seems like he would like to do more work with the MCU without having to commit to a huge workload so maybe he could be involved in Captain Marvel? Plus it would indeed be cool to see him do his own thing.

Fantastic Member

With Marvel's track record of having so many successes with so many different director/actor combos, I do not fret that the first non-Whedon Avengers movie will be in good hands. They have a multi-billion dollar freight train chugging along and I'm confident they'll make all the smart decisions that will keep it on its tracks.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I'm all for Whedon not returning for the next Avengers movies, at least as director. Don't get me wrong, I love his Avengers work but I'd much rather see him do something original, which is generally where his real passion lies. Ideally, he would still write the Avengers sequels with someone else directing but between Whedon work-for-hire and a Whedon original, I'd take the latter any day of the week.
    With Avengers and Age of Ultron under his belt, maybe he would have some cred with Disney and Hollywood to produce something wholly original with the kind of budget he wants. I would love to see what an original project from Whedon would look like, because I've usually enjoyed most things he's worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    With Marvel's track record of having so many successes with so many different director/actor combos, I do not fret that the first non-Whedon Avengers movie will be in good hands. They have a multi-billion dollar freight train chugging along and I'm confident they'll make all the smart decisions that will keep it on its tracks.
    Well, the rumors a while back was that the Russos would be taking over. That could be pretty cool!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    With Avengers and Age of Ultron under his belt, maybe he would have some cred with Disney and Hollywood to produce something wholly original with the kind of budget he wants. I would love to see what an original project from Whedon would look like, because I've usually enjoyed most things he's worked on.

Well, the rumors a while back was that the Russos would be taking over. That could be pretty cool!
    I agree on both counts. This should let Whedon have the power to execute the stories he wants and also lets us get a Russo Avengers movie! Win win.

i hope quicksilver whedon is more spotlight than quicksilver in x-men : DOFP
    - All-New X-Factor - Iron Fist : The Living Weapon - Superior Iron Man - Uncanny Avengers - Captain Marvel & Ms Marvel -

• Quicksilver
    • Iron Fist
    • Iron Man
    • Captain Marvel

BANNED

The Russos did an AMAZING job on Winter Soldier, so if they are doing Avengers 3? I have no problem with that.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

I expected the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch relationship would be more like the Ultimate Comics...
    if u know what I mean...
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RezaMaximoff View Post
    i hope quicksilver whedon is more spotlight than quicksilver in x-men : DOFP
    COOL! Another Quicksilver fan on the board. Where were you when All-New X-Factor hit the stands? Not a lot of QS fans back then- we needed support for the book.
    Quicksilver.tk

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    I expected the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch relationship would be more like the Ultimate Comics...
    if u know what I mean...
    Heh heh.

I like that they're going to distinguish him from the DOFP version. That guy was more immature than arrogant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    I agree on both counts. This should let Whedon have the power to execute the stories he wants and also lets us get a Russo Avengers movie! Win win.
    Let's no keep the Russo Brothers around for Avengers, they only seem to be somewhat better than Whedon as directors, and Whedon is pretty terrible behind the camera. It would be great if Marvel went after some action directors or some good directors that are still doing smaller things. Marvel getting sitcom tv guys and the director of Yes Man doesn't get me interesting in any of their movies. I would rather them getting guys like James Gunn being the rule more than the exception.

Of all the great things Age of Ultron has going for it, I'm least excited for what Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch bring to the table. This just strikes me as something that never would've happened if Joss Whedon hadn't requested it. I think it has already lead to a pretty lousy retcon in the comics that has royally messed up both characters. And even though I have faith in Whedon, these two are not what excites me about this movie in the slightest. I would much rather see more Falcon, Maria Hill, or Captain Marvel in the next Avengers movie. Not Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. But like I said, if anyone can make it awesome, it's Whedon.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.