Default Stories You Have The Most Copies Of

There are a handful of Spider-Man stories that I have several copies of, and I wonder if you guys have similar stories.

I have plenty of Stern's Spider-Man stories in three formats.

For a long time, the Roger Stern Hobgoblin stories were a major hole in my collection. Then I got an out of print copy of the Origin of the Hobgoblin TPB. A few years later, I got a newer version of that TPB.

I also have several copies of the first year of Stern's Spectacular Spider-Man run thanks to the Essential Spectacular Spider-Man TPB, and the Masterworks TPB.

I have Stern's Black Cat story in Spider-Man Megazine #2, and the Spider-Man VS Black Cat TPB.

And then I got the Stern omnibus, which meant that I have three ways to read all of the above.

The Harry Osborn on drugs storyline is part of my favorite Spider-Man TPB Spider-Man VS The Green Goblin. It was later collected in Essential Spider-Man Volume 5. Then it was included in the Marvel Visionaries: Stan Lee hardcover. So I also have three copies of it.

Since I also own the Amazing Spider-Man DVD rom with scanned copies of the first 500 issues of ASM, I have many of these stories in four formats.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

I try not to re-buy much if I can avoid it.

I probably have 3 copies of Death of Jean DeWolff--the single issues, the Peter Parker Spider-man essentials trade, and the TPB of the story I just got for X-Mas.

I also just got the Kravens Last Hunt trade, so I have that in addition to the single issues.

Lots of ASM issues along with the DVD-ROM as well.

Fantastic Member

Amazing Fantasy #15 … because they put it in countless trades, hardcovers, digital comics, reprints, and backup martial.

Honorable mention to Amazing Spider-Man #1 … which is reprinted almost as often. Plus I have it as part of a record that reads the comic.

I’ve also owned at least five copies of Untold Tales of Spider-Man #1. I have the copy I bought, one or two that were part of a random grab bag, one received as a gift, the one included in the trade, and the one included in the omnibus.
    Last edited by Beacon; 01-26-2015 at 07:25 PM.

I have at least four copies of Amazing Fantasy #15. The Essential Spider-Man reprint, two separate reprints in the Astonishing Spider-Man (UK reprint title) and a copy in the Marvel Origins tpb with the written introductions from Stan Lee (I forget exactly what the book is called)

007 girl.

At one point I had 23 copies of this 'death of Peter Parker' issue by Midtown.

Needless to say, when prices climbed in excess of $100 per issue, I made some useful cash...and kept 3 copies for myself. The book remains pricey by the way....
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Considering re-prints or re-tellings of a story as equal to the same story - the origin story. They've reprinted it or retold it in different ways dozens of times.

Second to that - Death of Jean DeWolf. I have the TPB and the Wizard collection, both of which have that story.

I realized I have some more Stern doubles/ triples.

I bought the early issues of Ultimate Spider-Man as singles, before I picked up the first oversized hardcover and the first omnibus (collected at the time as a $50 Barnes & Noble exclusive.)

The Wizard Best of Spider-Man TPB includes two stories that were also in Spider-Men Megazine (Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut, Hyde and Seek) which I also have in the omnibus.

I have the Green Goblin unmasked story in a Best of Marvel TPB, Marvel Masterworks Volume 4, and the John Romita Sr omnibus. Once upon a time, I had it in an Essential volume.

And I also have digital copies of the above with the now OOP CD Rom collection reprinting the first 500 ASM issues.

I also bought three versions of the Spider-Man/ Human Torch mini: as singles, as a digest and as an oversized hardcover, mainly because I got the reprints cheap.

And I'm a guy who doesn't really care about variant covers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets