Mighty Member

Default Can anyone compare Captain America to Batman and compare Thor to Shazam (Captain Marvel)?

Did they rumbled in DC vs Marvel afterall.

Who thinks Captain America and Bats are alike with their sense of stealth and combat, their weapons, being quite a human non-powered member of the teams they are in, Red Skull and Joker being kind of alike, Bucky and Robin and all that? I'm sure Stan Lee used Batman as one of his inspirations for his character.

And who thinks Thor and Captain Marvel (Shazam) are alike in some ways? i mean compare Donald Blake to Billy Batson, Odin to Shazam, Loki to BlackAdam, their strengths, their powers, their backgrounds etc.? i mean Norse vs. Greek here. I'm sure Thor was not only based on mythology but also inspired by Captain Marvel comics of the 40s and early 50s.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Did they rumbled in DC vs Marvel afterall.

Who thinks Captain America and Bats are alike with their sense of stealth and combat, their weapons, being quite a human non-powered member of the teams they are in, Red Skull and Joker being kind of alike, Bucky and Robin and all that? I'm sure Stan Lee used Batman as one of his inspirations for his character.
    Cap hardly is on the stealth area as Batman. Truth be told even the combat methods are different. Batman is more of a traditional martial artist while Steve is more of a soldier or fighter. Plus considering Steve is enhanced to be a Super Soldier. I actually view Daredevil being much more similar to Batman in the stealth and combat ways to even his fathers death in comparison to Batman's parents death and Black Panther to being more similar in the weapons/gadgets as Batman. Red Skull and Joker not so much either in similarities to be honest.

Thor is vaguely similar to Captain Marvel, but I think Thor is more a mixture of elements from Superman and Wonder Woman.

I'd like to point out the HONKING error in the OP.

Captain America was created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, not Stan.
    I surrender to the Contest

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I can see Thor and Shazam, being that they are both human and celestial. And Donald and Billy need either a prop or word to transform them into their more powerful alter egos.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Batman & Cap are totally different. Batman operates in the shadows like a ninja & uses many tools/weapons. Cap has enhanced strength, speed & stamina from the super soldier serum. He operates as a soldier. He only uses his shield as a weapon. Batman operates in secret. Cap w/ government agencies. Daredevil or Moon Knight would be more like Batman.

I agree that Thor is a combination of Superman & Wonder Woman not Capt Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I can see Thor and Shazam, being that they are both human and celestial. And Donald and Billy need either a prop or word to transform them into their more powerful alter egos.
    There is truth in that but at this point of time, especially with how often little Dr. Donald really factors into most Thor stories within the past almost two decades and how close Wonder Woman has been moved toward mythology, Thor is closer to Wonder Woman then he is Shazam aka used to be known as Captain Marvel.

Also Cap over the years has had the Super serum push him from slightly above Olympic athleticism to full blown super human just short of Spider-man, while there used to be a case for Cap compared to Batman, I think that ship has sailed, rightfully so as despite the power and gadget difference (most of the time) Iron Man has more comparable to Batman.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    There is truth in that but at this point of time, especially with how often little Dr. Donald really factors into most Thor stories within the past almost two decades and how close Wonder Woman has been moved toward mythology, Thor is closer to Wonder Woman then he is Shazam aka used to be known as Captain Marvel.

Also Cap over the years has had the Super serum push him from slightly above Olympic athleticism to full blown super human just short of Spider-man, while there used to be a case for Cap compared to Batman, I think that ship has sailed, rightfully so as despite the power and gadget difference (most of the time) Iron Man has more comparable to Batman.
    Pretty much spot on. With Cap healing from super holes in his chest recently and taking around 500 ft falls during Dimension Z or brushing off Gambit's explosion. I mean the only case to be made of similarity is sheer will(which Cap's is slight greater and more Superman level) and Cap being a some what skill full fighter, are probably the only similarities.(Though Bat's is a more skilled martial artist/Ninja.) Not to mention even Cap's mind got boosted by the SSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    I'd like to point out the HONKING error in the OP.

Captain America was created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, not Stan.
    and at about the same time as Batman as well so I am not sure there was much inspiration from either party.

Cap and Batman are alike in that they are both the man with the plan and both great fighters. Well and I guess they both had dead sidekicks comeback from what was a sure fire death.

Shazam and Thor are not much alike except they are powerhouses and they both have reasons to like lightning.