Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default First Look At Michael B. Jordan's "Fantastic Four" Costume

Director Josh Trank and screenwriter Simon Kinberg talk rumors and influences, and reveal the first official set photos from the Fox production.

Full article here.

So is this the final look?

Astonishing Member

I'm really hoping that is just a preliminary suit until Johnny figures out his powers because that just may be the ugliest superhero costume I've seen by one of the majors in years. All of the vents and piping with that material just looks unattractive.

If that is the final look, I think it shows the folly in trying to "ground" a character that can not only combust at will without damage to himself but also fly on jetstreams produced by his heat.

Oh, so it's a BMX biker suit.

I like the statement that they have consciously not released anything. I don't know exactly how much power a director has over the promotion end of things, but I'm pretty sure that is a choice he doesn't get to make. If they had a hot movie, we'd be seeing some stills, some leaks, some teaser stuff, etc. No, this kind of non-publicity only happens when the studio knows they have a stinker, but they've put too much into it to just pull the plug (which usually also triggers all sorts of payments to the principals involved, depending on their contracts).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
    Oh, so it's a BMX biker suit.

I like the statement that they have consciously not released anything. I don't know exactly how much power a director has over the promotion end of things, but I'm pretty sure that is a choice he doesn't get to make. If they had a hot movie, we'd be seeing some stills, some leaks, some teaser stuff, etc. No, this kind of non-publicity only happens when the studio knows they have a stinker, but they've put too much into it to just pull the plug (which usually also triggers all sorts of payments to the principals involved, depending on their contracts).
    If this is true, it is HIGHLY unfortunate, since it's a waste of some quality talent in the cast.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Did he mug the guy who plays Deathlok?
    Can I hope that somehow has sensors in it for the CGI for his actual suit?

Well it makes the X-Men's black costumes look faithful by comparison.

Somebody on Facebook posted the trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BVs-KCSiA
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 01-27-2015 at 07:10 AM.

So just a question if this movie tanks (I have a feeling it will) how much time will need to pass for the rights to Fantastic Four be given back to Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Well that's pretty much the blandest costume I've ever seen in a film, even if the FF did start out with no costumes. I have willed myself to not make up my mind about FF until the first teaser but I'm getting increasingly concerned that Fox has no idea what exactly makes them 'Fantastic'. It certainly isn't hard grittiness.

And enough time for Fox to feebly try again, I would expect, unless Disney can really pressure them.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

It goes into my still not digging it pile. I hope they have a kick ass trailer since that was the main reason I watched the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Did he mug the guy who plays Deathlok?
    Can I hope that somehow has sensors in it for the CGI for his actual suit?

Well it makes the X-Men's black costumes look faithful by comparison.

Somebody on Facebook posted the trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BVs-KCSiA
    I just saw the trailer and meh it wasn't too bad but didn't pull me in either like Age Of Ultron did.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard2099 View Post
    So just a question if this movie tanks (I have a feeling it will) how much time will need to pass for the rights to Fantastic Four be given back to Marvel?
    Alas, I don't think the contract details have been released, but it's probably not very long. The last FF movie came out in 2007 and they announced this one in 2009 (most of that time since has been scriptwriting and other pre-production). I suspect, then, that the terms are something along the lines of the license expiring if Fox doesn't work on a new film for a period of two years, but it could be a little longer.

I pretty much only see Fox giving up the license if this film totally bombs. If it does okay, but not great, we'll probably see an announcement in 2017 about a reboot, coming out in like 2022. Or, Marvel will offer Fox enough money to buy them out of the contract. But I'm not holding my breath that Fox will let this go easily.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

...ok, saw the teaser, I have to admit that wasn't the train wreck I feared it would be, but still feels like this won't get the Fantastic Four in the slightest.

And 'From the Studios Which made Days of Future Past' made me chuckle. Good call, Fox.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I already hate this movie, but this costume is actually worse than I expected. How do yo DO that?!!
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    ...ok, saw the teaser, I have to admit that wasn't the train wreck I feared it would be, but still feels like this won't get the Fantastic Four in the slightest.

And 'From the Studios Which made Days of Future Past' made me chuckle. Good call, Fox.
    My initial thought is that the trailer looks like a potentially good scifi film, but not so much an FF film. You barely see the Four. Maybe it will be good, maybe it won't; not really enough to go on here yet.

"Cronenberg"

This guy just said the magic word.