Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard2099 View Post
    So just a question if this movie tanks (I have a feeling it will) how much time will need to pass for the rights to Fantastic Four be given back to Marvel?
    The current fan theory is 7-8 years as that's the most time a studio has gone between making a movie. 2007 to 2014 when this was made is 7 years.
    Elektra was 2005 and Marvel got the Daredevil rights back a couple years ago but has been sitting on them.

It was only 5 years after X3 that First Class came out (although Fox had done a Wolverine movie before that)

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Just watched teaser it did not help. I just keep feeling Transformers tone during it..

They seemed to miss pretty much every point about the F4. The messages they are trying to put across is the exact opposite of the messages that F4 is supposed to put across.

and what the hell is up with the vents. His powers aren't supposed to be his "disability", they are supposed to be something he loves.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

This movie won't tank. Somehow it'll put up decent return. This is the only Fantastic Four we have to look forward to on the big screen for the foreseeable future (until Fox reboots it). They'll probably see themselves as freaks or even outcasts after their transformation, and they'll be all angsty and lost. Hmm. Kinda reminds me of mutants.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    This movie won't tank. Somehow it'll put up decent return. This is the only Fantastic Four we have to look forward to on the big screen for the foreseeable future (until Fox reboots it). They'll probably see themselves as freaks or even outcasts after their transformation, and they'll be all angsty and lost. Hmm. Kinda reminds me of mutants.
    Well I remember fearing at one point that with the proposed synopsis about separating Reed and Ben's powers from Johnny and Sue's that the latter were going to be mutants.

Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

Generic doesn't even begin to describe that costume.

Containment suit. Whatever.

They'll probably see themselves as freaks or even outcasts after their transformation, and they'll be all angsty and lost. Hmm. Kinda reminds me of mutants.
    Yeah, I don't get why they want to do this. They already have X-Men for that. Don't they want a little bit of diversity and having something different. They literally went out of their way to make everybody completely out of character just so that they'd have a worse version of the X-Men films. Though we all know the only reason they are doing this is to keep the rights, hence the rush job and low budget.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

If the X-Men and Fantastic Four crossover ever happens the Fantastic Four shouldn't seem like they're freaks, they'd need to be the yin to the X-Men's yang, in the sense that they're known and loved rather than feared and distrusted like the X-Men. So this sort of tone where there's little difference isn't right.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Ya the Xmen ideas in are vouge everywhere but the x comics

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Did he mug the guy who plays Deathlok?
    Can I hope that somehow has sensors in it for the CGI for his actual suit?

Well it makes the X-Men's black costumes look faithful by comparison.

Somebody on Facebook posted the trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BVs-KCSiA
    Well, to be fair, whether the Ultimate X-Men came after or before, it was all black, much like the films, though slightly different design, there, too.

Sure, this could be more colourful, more lively, but it could be worse. I don't see what's SO bad about it, and may well look diferent, or better, in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    The current fan theory is 7-8 years as that's the most time a studio has gone between making a movie. 2007 to 2014 when this was made is 7 years.
    Elektra was 2005 and Marvel got the Daredevil rights back a couple years ago but has been sitting on them.

It was only 5 years after X3 that First Class came out (although Fox had done a Wolverine movie before that)
    Well, not exactly sitting on them. There IS a Daredevil series for Netflix coming 10th April, 2015, with Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock, Vincent D'onofrio as Wilson Fisk, with all 13 episodes on the same day.

I'd say, between having a Wolverine film in 2009, an X-Men film in 2011, a Wolverine film in 2013, an X-Men film in 2014, and then an X-Men film, a Deadpool film and a Gambit film all in 2016, plus a new Wolverine film on the way, can hold on the rights nicely enough.