View Poll Results: Did Superman lose on purpose?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 80.00%
  • No

1 20.00%
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Default TDKReturns: Did Superman Throw the Fight on purpose?

I'm putting this in the general DC thread, in attempt to avoid favoritism and disapproval from both sides. Instead of putting it solely in the Batman or Superman Sections.

Now, I'm not talk about Superman holding back against Batman. We all know he did. What I'm talking about is this moment right here.

Throughout Frank Miller's comic, he demonstrates several times how powerful Superman is.

Go through the list from the old Fleischer Cartoon. More powerful that a locomotive, check.
    Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, check.
    Faster than a speeding b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶ arrow?

It stands to reason that Superman should've been able to avoid Ollie's arrow, but he didn't. And even as Batman is wailing on Supes, the dialogue from Clark is one of concern for Bruce's health. Even after Bruce has a heart attack and seemingly "dies", Clark is still showing concern and admiration for his friend. You see this at the funeral too, with the wink.

So did Superman throw the fight to make a point, or did Batman really outfox the Man of Steel?

Last edited by Doctor Know; 11-28-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

All Superman wants is for Batman to quiet down and go underground. And he gets it.

He knows Bruce is alive, at the end. He could say something, do something, hunt him down, w'ev. He doesn't.

I'm sure Batman's blows, and Ollie's attack hurt. But he could have destroyed them, if he wanted to, a moment later. And he doesn't.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Yes he let Dark Knight win.

BANNED

Yeah everyone who has read (keyword: read) the comic knows that Superman made sure Batman wouldn't get gunned down, he takes more damage from the blows because of his depowered state.

Well it looks like he didn't throw his fight with green arrow
    In any case the whole "fight" is actually Batman holding back and faking his death so he can operate underground and train the sons of batman.
    If he wanted to kill superman it would be more like in DKSA
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 11-28-2015 at 08:22 AM.