Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    He's also one of the overrated characters in comics. In fact, I would say he's one of the least interesting member of Batman's rogues gallery.
    Agreed, the Joker sucks.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

Well the JSA are getting a new title in June, basically, so I'd not rule out them getting recognition in Winter. As for the rest, in general, 75th Anniversaries are meant to be big, not too common events. You couldn't do something for EVERY character individually over such a short period of time and keep the same feeling of importance and specialness to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazz View Post
    Well the JSA are getting a new title in June, basically, so I'd not rule out them getting recognition in Winter. As for the rest, in general, 75th Anniversaries are meant to be big, not too common events. You couldn't do something for EVERY character individually over such a short period of time and keep the same feeling of importance and specialness to that.
    Joy! There will be a variant cover for Earth 2 Society just letting fans know that the "classic" JSA once existed but here's your crap replacement and thanks for the coinage!
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Joy! There will be a variant cover for Earth 2 Society just letting fans know that the "classic" JSA once existed but here's your crap replacement and thanks for the coinage!
    Thankyou all of dcs character s deserve respect as without the jsa no jla sorry for issues as Im typeing from tablet.

Well, I'm certainly glad about the Shazam and Spirit 75th anniversary books, at least. They're two of my favorite superhero characters, and new books from them aren't exactly commonplace. I'll take what I can get!

Luthor & Dr. Sivana also turn 75 this year.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Retired

As I said on the sister thread to this one, about Captain Marvel's anniversary, the 75th anniversary was actually in 2014 for Cap, Flash, Hawkman and Johnny Thunder. I guess the mistake arises because of the cover dates which were 1940--but if you check the Newsstand on Mike's Amazing World, you can see when these books actually came out on sale.

ALL-STAR COMICS No. 3 (Winter '40-'41) did come out on November 22nd, 1940, so it makes sense to celebrate that 75th anniversary in this year--even though using the cover date you could celebrate it in 2016 [Mike's gives the date as Winder 1940, but the GCD gives it as Winter 1940-41 and I think the latter is more accurate given the GCD uses the indicia date]. Since FLASH COMICS No. 1 (January '40) came out on November 10th, 1939, it doesn't seem right to celebrate both anniversaries in the same year since they're more than a year apart. It would be like trying to eat your cake and have it, too. Pick a criteria for anniversaries and stick with that.

Personally, I would have rather celebrated the anniversaries of the Flash, Hawkman and Captain Marvel around Thanksgiving and Christmas in the spirit of the season.

All of this might seem like picky little details to you--but to someone like me this kind of stuff is much more exciting than all those discussions on whether the Hulk could beat up Superman.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As I said on the sister thread to this one, about Captain Marvel's anniversary, the 75th anniversary was actually in 2014 for Cap, Flash, Hawkman and Johnny Thunder. I guess the mistake arises because of the cover dates which were 1940--but if you check the Newsstand on Mike's Amazing World, you can see when these books actually came out on sale.

ALL-STAR COMICS No. 3 (Winter '40-'41) did come out on November 22nd, 1940, so it makes sense to celebrate that 75th anniversary in this year--even though using the cover date you could celebrate it in 2016 [Mike's gives the date as Winder 1940, but the GCD gives it as Winter 1940-41 and I think the latter is more accurate given the GCD uses the indicia date]. Since FLASH COMICS No. 1 (January '40) came out on November 10th, 1939, it doesn't seem right to celebrate both anniversaries in the same year since they're more than a year apart. It would be like trying to eat your cake and have it, too. Pick a criteria for anniversaries and stick with that.

Personally, I would have rather celebrated the anniversaries of the Flash, Hawkman and Captain Marvel around Thanksgiving and Christmas in the spirit of the season.

All of this might seem like picky little details to you--but to someone like me this kind of stuff is much more exciting than all those discussions on whether the Hulk could beat up Superman.
    I have said the same thing myself in the past, Jim, but I think it's kind of like saying the year 2000 was the beginning of the 21st century. It's hard to convince people otherwise.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Don't forget the golden age Doctor Fate, the one true fate ��... its also the old guys 75th as well!
    Happy 75th anniversary Doctor Fate!