Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Would you live in the DC or Marvel universe?

You get one of the following super powers and then you get sent into either the DC or Marvel universe. Which power do you choose, which universe do you choose to live in, and what do you do once you get there?

Powers:

Super Strength: ability to lift a mountain, and throw it high into the air

Super Speed: ability to run at the speed of light, no time travel, and can perform any manner of tasks with the same speed

Invisibility: cannot be detected, not even by machines or superhuman senses

Teleportation: can go anywhere in the world instantly or even create portals large enough to drive a car through

Telekinesis: can lift a skyscraper with your mind, and throw it high into the air

Regeneration: can recover near-instantly from any injury and cannot be killed by anything short of absolute vaporization

Teleportation easily. Good-bye gas bill. Oh, and DC. Marvel is mostly low to medium level heroes with really powerful villains while DC is mostly really powerful heroes with low to downright goofy low villains(with some notable exceptions to both verses).
    Last edited by Jonathan; 09-16-2014 at 02:25 PM.

For teleportation ... why the hell would you even need a car?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If I have super powers, I want to live in the universe that is less likely to organize muggle lynch mobs to toss me in jail/slave camps after the eighth time I save the world by punching an island into the sun, or something to that extent.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    To drop on the Joker, obviously.

Edit: And if it wasn't obvious, yeah, I go with teleportation. Portals allowing me to fire pressurized magma/seawater at things is just a bonus. And, uh, I guess DC, if I can pick pre-flashpoint. I dunno what NuDC Earth is like. Marvel has S.H.I.E.L.D. freakin' everywhere, and that's honestly a bit creepy.
    Last edited by Guy Smiley; 09-16-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Only invisibility and Teleportation look that good to me.

Invisibility kinda skeeves me out. It feels like a power i would be too tempted abuse/break the law with. Teleportation means I have less travel time, and gas filling, and parking lot fees, and plane travel fees, and basically it's kinda awesome.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Teleportation easily. Good-bye gas bill. Oh, and DC. Marvel is mostly low to medium level heroes with really powerful villains while DC is mostly really powerful heroes with low to downright goofy low villains(with some notable exceptions to both verses).
    That, and Marvel seems to be more... edgy and violent towards its heroes. I know Gotham is plenty edgy, but given Marvel's track record in the abuse their heroes go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    That, and Marvel seems to be more... edgy and violent towards its heroes. I know Gotham is plenty edgy, but given Marvel's track record in the abuse their heroes go through...
    Also Marvel Zombies.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Also Marvel Zombies.
    Meh. As long as you don't dimension hop, or hang out with Reed Richards what could possibly go wrong?

Meh. As long as you don't dimension hop, or hang out with Reed Richards what could possibly go wrong?
    That's just tempting Fate, you kno-

*Reed Richards immediately crashes a dimension into the thread*

Spectacular Member

Super Speed
    Marvel

Technically, it's just a portal large enough to drive a car through. Nothing says it has to be your car, or that the owner would want to go through it, or that you have to wait for it to finish going through before you close it.

OTOH, constantly driving cross country and using this power to send terrible drivers on involuntary road trips to the moon would inarguably make someone the best superhero of them all. They'd be called Gridluck, and a parade would be held in his or her honor, which will promptly be redirected into a volcano.

This has nothing to do with the fact I spend around two hours a day for what should be a 40 minute round trip.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Technically, it's just a portal large enough to drive a car through. Nothing says it has to be your car, or that the owner would want to go through it, or that you have to wait for it to finish going through before you close it.

OTOH, constantly driving cross country and using this power to send terrible drivers on involuntary road trips to the moon would inarguably make someone the best superhero of them all. They'd be called Gridluck, and a parade would be held in his or her honor, which will promptly be redirected into a volcano.

This has nothing to do with the fact I spend around two hours a day for what should be a 40 minute round trip.
    You've... really thought about this a lot, haven't you?

Hey, that's what happens when you deal with traffic all day, myself, I would love teleportation to be able to finally bypass the worst mode of transportation on this, or any Earth...buses.

Oh yeah, and to port people like Joker to the moon and play "catch the teleporter" with villains when I get bored.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight344 View Post
    Hey, that's what happens when you deal with traffic all day, myself, I would love teleportation to be able to finally bypass the worst mode of transportation on this, or any Earth...buses.

Oh yeah, and to port people like Joker to the moon and play "catch the teleporter" with villains when I get bored.
    Pretty sure that would piss off some heroes that you don't want to piss off.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral