Page 54 of 91 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

You know, I think this is the match I'm going to have the most FUN with. The other teams picked a bunch of obscure or semi-obscure comic characters and powers I have no idea about, but you actually picked video game and cartoon characters/powers I know.

So thanks! This ought to be interesting.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    You know, I think this is the match I'm going to have the most FUN with. The other teams picked a bunch of obscure or semi-obscure comic characters and powers I have no idea about, but you actually picked video game and cartoon characters/powers I know.

So thanks! This ought to be interesting.
    I hope so, though I think I spotted a flaw that will make this match less fun. So in-advance - Sorry if I spoiled your fun. Impulse, Yuna, Rush and Merlin were tough to plan around and I had to go cheap to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I hope so, though I think I spotted a flaw that will make this match less fun. So in-advance - Sorry if I spoiled your fun. Impulse, Yuna, Rush and Merlin were tough to plan around and I had to go cheap to do it.
    Ah well, unless the Nu Mou have certain spells I'm not aware of, I doubt you went cheap enough.

I got just this side of FREE I went so cheap all over this.

I make Goodwill look like Oscar de la Renta over here.

Ah well, unless the Nu Mou have certain spells I'm not aware of, I doubt you went cheap enough.

I got just this side of FREE I went so cheap all over this.

I make Goodwill look like Oscar de la Renta over here.
    Well then we shall see which cheap moves are the most disastrous, and my conscience has been eased.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Well then we shall see which cheap moves are the most disastrous, and my conscience has been eased.
    Ah good I would hate for your conscience to hold you back.

Besides I got to make sure my tricks are vetted (well at least SOME of them) before I try using them on a Pre-crisis kitty version of StrangeFate.

I said I had TRICKS when they said Estrecca was unbeatable! I must prove that I can handle your team before anyone will beleave I can Game mechanics my way around a PC Krypto-kitty.

Ah good I would hate for your conscience to hold you back.

Besides I got to make sure my tricks are vetted (well at least SOME of them) before I try using them on a Pre-crisis kitty version of StrangeFate.

I said I had TRICKS when they said Estrecca was unbeatable! I must prove that I can handle your team before anyone will beleave I can Game mechanics my way around a PC Krypto-kitty.
    Yeah, that one is going to require lots of tricks to deal with, but I have an idea of a few myself. Always have to keep a few cards up your sleeves to whip out ala Yami and the Heart of the Cards!

Or more literally Bandit Keith.

I'll have the matches up as soon as I can. Guess we're getting our first Void.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Since Korrdorr voided, I'll put it up with Estrecca's strat in the morning.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Hey guys, what's the current status of the League? From what I gathered, it looks like there is a heavy emphasis on these fusion characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Hey guys, what's the current status of the League? From what I gathered, it looks like there is a heavy emphasis on these fusion characters?
    The current League is in its' first week. There will be 8 more weeks to go. As for fusion, it's not as heavily used as you might think. There are only a limited number of ways to do it, though maybe this season more players are taking that route than in previous Tournaments.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The current League is in its' first week. There will be 8 more weeks to go. As for fusion, it's not as heavily used as you might think. There are only a limited number of ways to do it, though maybe this season more players are taking that route than in previous Tournaments.
    Is there are a comprehensive list of rules I could look at? I'm curious about where things stand right now, but I'm worried it's become even more "power game-y," which is part of what drove me away from the League in the first place.

Mighty Member

Is there are a comprehensive list of rules I could look at? I'm curious about where things stand right now, but I'm worried it's become even more "power game-y," which is part of what drove me away from the League in the first place.
    In at least some ways, it has.

In any case, main current rules are:

120 points for team building.
    2 tens maximum initially. 2 more can be purchased during the season.
    Only one of every character and item (only one Mjolnir in the store, only one Black Diamond) with minimal exceptions.
    At least five characters per team (characters made out of items count, in character fusions only the resulting character is counted).
    Marvel time travel rules (to make temporal shenanigans less attractive), no leaving the arena in most circumstances, some other minor stuff.
    A few restrictions in terms of debate posts which, in one hand, have resulted in far less 100+ replies debate threads and, in the other hand, considerably decreased reader input.

Those are the highlights, I think.

"Power-gamey" or not is pretty much up to the team builders unfortunately. All the rules Re: Matches are printed at the beginning of each fight thread.

Rules Re: the Draft are in the first post of the draft thread.

I don't know about comprehensive, there are the game rules posted on the OP of this thread. And your welcome to explore the Wiki. If you mean Strategy vs Power, I think both have an equal role here. The use of such things as Speed Force has been debated in the recent past [Pre-CBR Reboot] when we were updating the Wiki Lists. Even a weak Team with a Strong Strategy can Out-maneuver a Strong Team with a weaker Strategy.