Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Ugh. So this is Trank's darker, different version of the FF. Not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Theres a simple way to win. Rather than make it similar or different than the first set of films, make it like the source material.
    I would much rather have a serious and grave science-fiction masterpiece like Man of Steel than a tongue-in-cheek, Stan Lee as the mailman, comedy-fest that was Guardians of the Galaxy.

The fact that this may be like Man of Steel has me all starry-eyed.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Not me. Rather have it like a slightly more serious version of the Incredibles. Get past the origin and have the kids already, be a family of supers proper with high science and big scale dangers and fun. Fantastic Four under the MCU would easily be the bridge between Avengers and GOTG.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    I would much rather have a serious and grave science-fiction masterpiece like Man of Steel than a tongue-in-cheek, Stan Lee as the mailman, comedy-fest that was Guardians of the Galaxy.

The fact that this may be like Man of Steel has me all starry-eyed.
    If you're going to suggest that Man of Steel was a sci fi masterpiece than there's really nothing more to say.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    If you're going to suggest that Man of Steel was a sci fi masterpiece than there's really nothing more to say.
    It was better than all 3 of Nolan's Batman films and better than all the Marvel films put out so far, so yes. Only Avengers came close, but it was mostly entertainment and not art. Man of Steel was art.

There are three (or four) superhero films which I consider art and the high echelon:

Man of Steel
    Chronicle
    Unbreakable
    Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (A case can be made) - if you want a non-dark superhero film this is how you do it.

All the rest are merely entertainment.
    Last edited by randomengine; 01-27-2015 at 08:56 AM.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Astonishing Member

Now there's an opinion I've never read of Man of Steel.

The only way I'll accept this film being like Man of Steel tonally is if the characters are actually interesting.

Doesn't look half bad.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Now there's an opinion I've never read of Man of Steel.

The only way I'll accept this film being like Man of Steel tonally is if the characters are actually interesting.
    That'd be something to separate it from Man of Steel, in my opinion.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

If I knew nothing else about the movie, I'd be intrigued by the trailer... sadly they've already ruined the movie by making him Domshved instead of Dr. Doom. First Fantastic Four movie was decent. At least they nailed The Thing and Human Torch.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I don't dislike Man of Steel, but it's definitely not the movie I would pick for the tone of a film called Fantastic Four, that's for certain. Super Hero Movies need to feel different from each other, that's why Guardians was so loved because it wasn't like Avengers or any of the solo films, and no doubt Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange and Ant Man will all feel different too. That's a good thing.

Hell, Fox's director actually said this for Kingsmen - not every super hero film has to be like Batman. Which honestly I think is very amusing (coupled with the idea they'll stick this trailer to the front of it).

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Susan working as a doctor in a medical department, though noble, is very cliché imo... so many movies or tv shows where the female protagonist is a nurse, or a doctor...sigh.
    I like Susan being a scientist (if it's confirmed), as a female engineer, it speaks to me much more than her being a medical worker.
    I would recommend you the documental "The gender equality paradox" to explain this kind of choices in the fiction.

But about the teaser, it seems less terrible than I expected. Very Ultimate inspired.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

This is obviously going to be the best FF adaption to date. So yeah that's a nice thing.

Amazing Member George Caltsoudas's Avatar

It looks pretty good.

The logo is so awkward though. And even the number four icon on its own on that poster looks clunky. It's weird how just that one bit of the tip is tucked under the top frame.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

It's a very generic looking sci-fi movie if you ask me (which no one did). If it didn't say "Fantastic Four" I'd assume it was some leftover M Night Spielburg or something.

Nothing exciting, I can't remember hearing a plot in the trailer. Humanity is looking for... and something glowing. Like every movie.

I'm excited. For the first time in a long time, very excited for anything to do with the Fantastic Four.

I watched one of the old F4 cartoons when I was a kid, and I enjoyed it greatly. When I started reading comics, my tastes drew me over to Batman, Wonder Woman, the Justice League -- the classic DC icons. I picked up a couple of F4 comics, but seeing them in Marvel continuity and that whole crowded Marvel universe ... there was something less special about them. I say all this to clarify my perspective -- I'm someone who was exposed to the F4 early and loved the characters and concept, but I never followed the comics.

So for me, all the news to date about this movie has been exciting. It sounded fresh, sci-fi-oriented, getting back to the characters and imagining them getting these abilities and using them for exploration and adventure in a world without superheroes. One of the best moments for me, which so many comics fans hated, was a quote from someone involved that this is a scifi tale, not a superhero tale. I similarly thought it was exciting to read the Doom actor's revelation about their different take on the character -- because Dr. Doom, the man in armor and a green dress and cape who has all the technology he can imagine while ruling over a curiously medieval country, has always struck me as one of the silliest characters in comics. (And this is from someone who thinks the Cheetah is cool.)

So, all that say, I'm definitely one of the members of the audience they're gunning for with this movie. And this trailer is amazeballs. I just hope they keep with the direction they're on, more 2001 than Man of Steel.