Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Average not pulled me in as the Age Of Ultron trailer did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mister_medusa View Post
    All I see is Fox's (and Marvel's) answer to Man of Steel. Why make a dark movie about Marvel's First Family? Who is the intended audience of this movie?
    I AM
    people who love the concepts, the stories, mythos, villains, side characters, personalities but hate the tone of both fantastic 4 and tipical superman stuff, this is for us, we love almost everything about them but the tone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Definitely Chronicle 2.
    Looks nothing like Chronicle barring a filter.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNorthey View Post
    Feels very much like the Ultimate version to me. I liked seeing Johnny working on a car, Ben as an athlete, Reed appearing to be the withdrawn scientist, Sue as a scientist. That works for me. I suspect this will be better than the last 2 FF movies, but that isn't a high hurdle to jump. How they work Dr. Doom and the way they end the movie will be critical - a good ending on a bad movie can give one hope, a bad ending on a good movie can leave you with a bad taste in your mouth. Still, to me getting the basic elements of the characters is the most important thing and they seem to be headed in that direction.
    It does feel very Ultimate, which was to be expected with the cast and plot leaks we've had. I don't think this movie really has to be great as much as it has to not be bad in order to succeed. Offer something different enough from the dreck before to at least refresh the property, then build from there. I do hope the tone lightens up as the story progresses though.

All I see is Fox's (and Marvel's) answer to Man of Steel. Why make a dark movie about Marvel's First Family? Who is the intended audience of this movie? Every reboot of this franchise makes Corman look like a friggin' genius.
    Intended audience would be people who didn't enjoy the previous cheesy iterations of the Fantastic Four or people who want a little more gravitas in their superhero films. They're out there.

Spectacular Member mister_medusa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    I AM
    people who love the concepts, the stories, mythos, villains, side characters, personalities but hate the tone of both fantastic 4 and tipical superman stuff, this is for us, we love almost everything about them but the tone.
    Just so I understand - you want a dark Fantastic Four movie?

So what is typical Fantastic Four stuff? What runs or writers do you think told the best stories?

BANNED

This doesn't really look dark.

Pretty good trailer. It didn't blow me away but it got my interest. It might end up being a good movie.

Spectacular Member mister_medusa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Intended audience would be people who didn't enjoy the previous cheesy iterations of the Fantastic Four or people who want a little more gravitas in their superhero films. They're out there.
    I am okay with cutting the cheese (HA!) but this seems like a 180 into the Negative Zone. I can only hope that the next teaser has some dialogue that reveals more about the relationships of this version of the FF. I can only handle one dark and brooding member and he is Aunt Petunia's favorite nephew.

Is the movie about Reed Richards discovered negative zone, brought three other to make deal with Annihinus, come back with power and mope around in secret to stifle humanity and murdering random hacker on Internet who knows the truth?

Sounds like the origins have changed, I don't know it sounds like there's a "reason" for them to becoming the Fantastic Four but I'm not too well versed in the Mythos myself. I hate the casting so much, they just look so underwhelming and just don't resemble who they are supposed to be at all. Kate Mara sucks as an actress At least The Thing CGI didn't look bad but whats with the whole husk bursting and he becomes The Thing? Kind of strange but again, this team behind this loves their changes

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

This is AWFUL.Has Frank ever even read an issue of Fantastic Four? And not that ultimate garbage? I hate the costumes, I hate the Negative Zone thing, and I absolutely hate Sue Storm as a scientist. There's is no way im paying to see this trash.
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    This is AWFUL.Has Frank ever even read an issue of Fantastic Four? And not that ultimate garbage? I hate the costumes, I hate the Negative Zone thing, and I absolutely hate Sue Storm as a scientist. There's is no way im paying to see this trash.
    what is sue's purpose if not a scientist, i like her being a pretty much equal with reed...

I'm intrigued. I've felt more apathy than revulsion for this movie since it was announced. Not as much a "Hope for the best, expect the worst" mentality than a "We'll see." So...we'll see?

Extraordinary Member

All I see is Fox's (and Marvel's) answer to Man of Steel. Why make a dark movie about Marvel's First Family? Who is the intended audience of this movie? Every reboot of this franchise makes Corman look like a friggin' genius.
    They did light and humorous last time around.

Now they a going with a S-F based approach.

Not so much dark as it is "Holy crap, getting turned into X wasn't part of the program".

The FF's transformations can easily go into Cronenborg-like body horror territory if you look at how somebody might actually react to being changed that drastically.

BANNED

Just so I understand - you want a dark Fantastic Four movie?

So what is typical Fantastic Four stuff? What runs or writers do you think told the best stories?
    serious, not necessarily dark. im fine with humor in the interaction between the 4, but otherwise i want to story to be taken seriously and feel like the real world.
    i have not read that much of it dew to it being campy, master of doom was awesome, ultimate doomsday trilogy was awesome.
    the hickman ff looked up my alley need to check it out.
    i want it to be about exploration and hard si fi not super heroics.

BANNED

Looks really promising. Doesn't look heavy-handedly "dark", just like a serious sci-fi movie. As the previous FF movies were in the traditional comic book mode (whether or not they actually did it justice), I think it's smart to go with something a little more grounded in nature this time around, something that follows the Ultimate model more than the Lee/Kirby style.