Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Some of us like when different teams, team up with other teams and even more when it's on the big screen. Cross IP's is fun for many people. There's no need to pretend you don't understand that.
    That may be something which works better in the comics than in the movies, however. In a single film, it can be difficult to find enough screen time for enough of an ensemble cast to make up one good superhero team and a main antagonist or villain team, let alone multiple hero teams.... heck, one of the complaints about the third Raimi/Maguire Spider-Man film was that they tried to squeeze in too many villains, and that was with a single hero!

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Annihilus would have been a great foe indeed, especially given this movie will apparently be linked with the Negative Zone.
    Personnally, I would have liked to see Namor in this movie but I reckon it might be too early for a reboot.
    If there's a second one, it would be nice to have it ties with Atlantis.
    Fox doesn't have Namor, though, so that wasn't even an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I find it ironic that they in the movies, they are isolated from everything else that is Marvel modern age started there.
    by no fault of their own, of course. the franchise is undergoing its own reboot, but beyond that the possibilities are endless. if true shared universe cohesion was important to either disney or FOX, then they would find a way.

universal does own namor, but perhaps they would sell him over to FOX - or disney. it really depends on how well this new FF does.

It was okay...which is itself kind of a miracle; after every story that's been circling this movie so far, and the disconcerting wall of silence from the production, the fact that this trailer hasn't sent me spiralling into a fit of rage and depression is very impressive.

The whole 'somber piano music and dramatically turning heads' motif is already starting to feel hackneyed, though it is new ground for an ostensible superhero movie and it's implemented well. I like that the mechanical designs for the...spinny pod gizmo and their initial pressure suits are complex and almost rustic rather than naff iPod minimal. Also the general themes of wondrous exploration and passing knowledge onto future generations are pretty much exactly what I wanted to see. Even so, there's just not a lot of excitement being built here, with the struggle to make the whole thing feel 'worthy' undercutting a lot of the, yes, fantastic, to the point where getting to see the Human Torch and the Thing in powered-up form just makes me shrug.

Also, Miles Teller still has the most eminently punchable face of any living human, and becoming Ultimate Reed Richards isn't gonna help much.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I'm just pointing out that Marvel getting the rights to Fantastic Four doesn't mean they'll do a Fantastic Four movie. Ghost Rider is an example of that.
    Marvel got Daredevil back before Ghost Rider and now he's getting his own Netflix show. They might just be waiting till they know what direction they want to take the character. Even if the characters are toxic at the box office they could still be used in other formats, like a cartoon series.

I'm not really that impressed with the trailer. I'm really kind of indifferent towards everything about this movie. The only thing that I don't like is their take on Dr. Doom. But regardless I most likely won't waste my money on it. That could change depending on how many of my friends and people who have similar tastes with me about movies say about it.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Sounds like you're hating on Avengers.
    The difference is that I am not bashing a trailer, I am talking about the nearly dozen movies I have seen in full. But I say different strokes because it's only natural for different things to appeal to different people. I hope some will actually check this one out instead of waiting for negative reviews to confirm their doubt.

BANNED

Totally sucked poopoo

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    by no fault of their own, of course. the franchise is undergoing its own reboot, but beyond that the possibilities are endless. if true shared universe cohesion was important to either disney or FOX, then they would find a way.

universal does own namor, but perhaps they would sell him over to FOX - or disney. it really depends on how well this new FF does.
    Universal only owns a fraction of Namor, Marvel Studios has most of the rights. There was a link from CBR posted in the Namor thread that explains this.