Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Who wants Punisher as a guest in new Daredevil netflix show?

I do! i want to see him in a 2 part team up episode before he can get his own show spin-off.

Extraordinary Member

Netflix might be the best option for the Punisher.

I'm not sure if he & DD will be teaming up, given their ideological differences regarding criminals.

But then, the folks behind the Netflix shows don't necessarily have to follow the books exactly.

It would provide a great contrast and opportunity for interaction. I'd be on board.

Some of the best Daredevil stories have been Punisher cross-overs, and vice versa.

Why not just make a Punisher show?

I be down for that. I would like for Thomas Jane to reprise his role if it were to happen. I think he did a great job in the movie.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I'm pretty sure I heard that Marvel was intending to have Punisher somewhere in the Netflix shows, though that might have just been a rumour. He would be a interesting subplot to set up in the four shows and lead to him to appear in Defenders (though I don't think he could be a member, Punisher doesn't do teams).

It would be a neat way to spin-off Frank into his own show.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    It would be a neat way to spin-off Frank into his own show.
    Oh absolutely. And the way I figure is that there's a fair chance they'll consider having Luke, Jessica and Danny in a Heroes for Hire series (hopefully with Misty Knight too) which will leave DD for a second season and two slots free for new material. And then I would go with Punisher and Moon Knight for those.

If it does ever happen, I would like for them to recreate the scene where he has DD tied down on the roof and gives Matt the option to either kill Frank or let him kill someone else.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

BANNED

Personally I'm hoping for Punisher and Moon Knight spin-offs in the second wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Personally I'm hoping for Punisher and Moon Knight spin-offs in the second wave.
    I'd like Shang-Chi and Blade represented as well. Misty Knight as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I'd like Shang-Chi and Blade represented as well. Misty Knight as well.
    I could get behind a Blade solo, but I wouldn't want the market to get oversaturated. Were it up to me, I'd combine all the B-C listers for a Heroes4Hire show (Daughter of the Dragon, Shang, Cloak&Dagger, etc).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Punisher is a natural fit to be introduced on Daredevil.
    If the Netflix shows turn out to be as edgy/gritty/more mature as we've all been led to believe he's a perfect fit.

Following that the characters I'd like to see introduced and even be re-occuring(cause 5 Marvel ongoings seems plenty) in the shows are:
    -Punisher
    -Blade
    -Moon Knight
    -Shang-Chi
    -Misty Knight
    -Valkyrie
    -Johnny Blaze(Midnight Sons 90's version w/Hellfire shotgun)
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It makes a ton of sense from a character point of view, but I'd be concerned that the Punisher might be too potent a character to use as a guest star. He can easily overshadow the ostensible protagonist.