Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default POLL: What Did You Think of the First Trailer for Josh Trank's "Fantastic Four"?

After months of anticipation -- and controversy -- the first trailer for director Josh Trank's "Fantastic Four" has arrived - what did you think?

Full article here.

BANNED

It didn't blow me away, but I like the tone. Kinda Close Encounters. While not the first thing I go see at the theater, it's at least on the list.

I'm curious to see more trailers with a bit more substance.

It did what a teaser should do. I want to see more...which is when we will know just how much of a reimagining this is. My gut still tells me this is going to be a stinker, but that is based on what the actors have been saying for the past year.

I hate myself for saying this, but...it does have my attention.

Astonishing Member

I like it a lot more than I probably should.

I really like the Ultimate origin, and the cast is solid. Now, I'm hoping that the script is decent and that the film doesn't look cheap.

That said, I do think that they could have used the more traditional 616 origin given how man still hasn't mastered space travel.

Hopefully, they do a good job with Annihilus and the Negative Zone. Heck, I'd love a Blastaar cameo too.

BANNED

It's captured my interest.

Very promising, hope its great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I like it a lot more than I probably should.

I really like the Ultimate origin, and the cast is solid. Now, I'm hoping that the script is decent and that the film doesn't look cheap.

That said, I do think that they could have used the more traditional 616 origin given how man still hasn't mastered space travel.

Hopefully, they do a good job with Annihilus and the Negative Zone. Heck, I'd love a Blastaar cameo too.
    Man hasn't mastered space travel, but we've done enough of it beyond the Van Allen belt for the original origin to raise questions about why none of the Apollo astronauts got pelted with the right kind of cosmic rays to get superpowers (unless some of them did and the government kept it a secret all these years). The previous movies justified it with the specific 'cosmic storm' hitting just as everybody was in the lightly shielded habitat except for the guy exposed in his space suit. Planetary justified it for its FF analogues The Four by having it actually be a Monolith-like (except actually Ming/Darkseid-like) alien intervention. But on balance, the Ultimate variation of exposure to an alternate universe/dimension probably works better now.

I liked the trailer, and it makes me cautiously optimistic. They seem to get the importance of the whole explorer/scientist aspect of the group. Of course, I did quite like Chronicle, so I suppose that makes me disposed to give this director benefit of the doubt.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It did look slick and has better production values than Fox's first attempt. The tech is a lot better these days so that's a plus. I see they had to make Ben a baseball player because Jamie Bell sure doesn't have the physique for a college football all star.

Looks like a trailer for a good sci-fi film. My question is, where the heck are the fantastic four? I hadn't see them in that trailer...

Gotta be honest, it didn't do much for me.

I found it interesting, but not necessarily exciting.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I thought it was interesting. I like the more serious, science-fiction feeling. The Incredibles did the funny, family kind of FF movie already, so I'm glad they didn't try to do a version of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Looks like a trailer for a good sci-fi film. My question is, where the heck are the fantastic four? I hadn't see them in that trailer...
    You didn't see the guy on fire or the big orange rocky guy? Check your link...

Seriously, though, it's an early trailer for a movie which is clearly going to emphasize the SF over the superhero action aspects.

I hope this flop so bad that Fox has to sell the rights back to marvel