Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I didn't care too much about this movie, but the teaser has me hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I hope this flops so bad that Fox has to sell the rights back to Marvel.
    Amen...couldn't have said it better myself.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I hope this flop so bad that Fox has to sell the rights back to marvel
    I get the skepticism but if the movie bombs bad then that harms the overall property in terms of the public eye. The rights issue is a thorny issue certainly but what's actually best for the property is for the movie to do well. At least that's my own opinion.

As for the teaser trailer, I'm not blown away but I am interested in seeing the full on trailer. Definitely not as skeptical about the movie as I used to be so in that regard the teaser trailer did its job.

my goodness, this looks beautiful.

I like how they're adapting the Ultimate origin this time around. Ultimate Reed looks as if he was ripped straight out of the comic book. I would really hope for some proper FF outfits by the end of the movie though (is Ben butt-naked near the end of the trailer?)

Amazing Member

Look better than I imagine.
    It seems to be a good science fiction movie.
    But is it a fantastic four movie? That remains to be seen...

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I get the skepticism but if the movie bombs bad then that harms the overall property in terms of the public eye. The rights issue is a thorny issue certainly but what's actually best for the property is for the movie to do well. At least that's my own opinion.

As for the teaser trailer, I'm not blown away but I am interested in seeing the full on trailer. Definitely not as skeptical about the movie as I used to be so in that regard the teaser trailer did its job.
    It's the first promotional thing out of the movie which I frankly didn't flat out dislike. So that's a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post
    I like how they're adapting the Ultimate origin this time around. Ultimate Reed looks as if he was ripped straight out of the comic book. I would really hope for some proper FF outfits by the end of the movie though (is Ben butt-naked near the end of the trailer?)
    Even the first Fantastic Four movie sort of used the Ultimate version. I think really any FF movie has to, since the original is just too dated.

BANNED

I looked at it again and I still don't see much of the FF in there.

Spectacular Member

I'll just watch "Interstellar" again...

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-jam View Post
    Look better than I imagine.
    It seems to be a good science fiction movie.
    But is it a fantastic four movie? That remains to be seen...
    Except we don't know what is a Fantastic Four movie.
    There's no precedent, only previous failed attempts...
    If anything, we know what a Fantastic Four movie shouldn't be, but that's about it...

I liked the teaser, and the use of material from the ultimate universe is fine to me: I don't wan't a movie dedicated to purists, I want a good movie first and foremost, that's what matters most to me.
    Source material should work toward this goal...

Hopefully, the next trailer will be more "meaty" storywise, show more substance.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

This whole movie looks like Ben Grimm's nightmare. Dark, dreary and without any hope. Where is the FANTASTIC in Fantastic Four? Nothing about this put me in awe. I don't know, it just isn't doing it for me.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think they are doing interdimensional travel to the Negative Zone, which at least is new territory to explore. IMO I don't think a govt sanctioned project would use a crew as young as this bunch. Just got a quick look so this appears to be Dr Storm's private venture, much like we have today with private companies taking on space travel. In the case of the astronauts most of them were veteran pilots. I don't know what the age requirements were of a space shuttle crew, which typically had a mix NASA pilots and hand picked civilians. It's why you can justify someone like Johnny being there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    This whole movie looks like Ben Grimm's nightmare. Dark, dreary and without any hope. Where is the FANTASTIC in Fantastic Four? Nothing about this put me in awe. I don't know, it just isn't doing it for me.
    This. Ben is not lifting and throwing a 50 ton object, Reed is not flowing like water, Susan is not invisible and projecting her force field like a battering ram and worst of all Johnny is not flying.

No representation of earth, water, wind and fire being FANTASTIC!!! The Fantastic Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think they are doing interdimensional travel to the Negative Zone, which at least is new territory to explore. IMO I don't think a govt sanctioned project would use a crew as young as this bunch. Just got a quick look so this appears to be Dr Storm's private venture, much like we have today with private companies taking on space travel. In the case of the astronauts most of them were veteran pilots. I don't know what the age requirements were of a space shuttle crew, which typically had a mix NASA pilots and hand picked civilians. It's why you can justify someone like Johnny being there.
    I think you nailed it here. I think we're going to see the Negative Zone, or N-Zone if you will, being used as the basis for their origins and it'll be done via private company. I think it's a good approach to have for their origin.