Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It was a slickly produced trailer with some nice visuals and the music was good.
    The thing is, no pun intended, it looks like it could be any sic-fi indie film...just based on that. Is it a sequel to The Core? Is it trying to be Event Horizon? A sequel to PUSH? It doesn't instantly stand up and say what it is and what it wants to be for something that then tells you it's Fantastic 4.
    A little Flame On, a proto-Thing emerging from..from what, a cocoon? Nothing just says Fantastic 4 and it really should have.

I'm only interested in this on Netflix and then just so I can be informed about it for discussion. I'll await another trailer but the best thing I can say about the trailer is that for the material they shot they did bring their A-game to this first teaser anyway.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The guy doing the narration made it sound profound and meaningful. I'd listen to him reading poetry or Shakespeare for an hour. He's a five star narrator. I genuinely hope the movie itself lives up to what he makes it feel like it's going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-jam View Post
    It seems to be a good science fiction movie.
    But is it a fantastic four movie? That remains to be seen...
    Exactly.

I'm sure I won't be seeing this one in the theatre.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I found it interesting, but not necessarily exciting.
    Quoted in agreement.

It has my attention.

Incredible Member

It did what a trailer is supposed to do... intrigue. What it hasn't done is get me excited. To many visual cliche's (Cornfields... again?) The pseudo-Morgan Freeman narrator (I guess the real Morgan Freeman was busy). It's Somber, It's Dark, It's Angsty-Wangsty.... Obviously the longer trailer will have to show us "Blogger Von Doom" which could be the real deal killer. I think when they have to make a bigger presentation at San Diego, we'll know what the buzz will be for this film. As for myself, I will be doing a semi-boycott. I won't go on opening weekend which is all important in terms of impact, but if word of mouth from trusted personal sources say this movie is good, I will go the following weekend to give the box office legs.

Looks like it is trying very hard to be all Nolan-Batman in tone. A whole lot of close up reaction shots and actors looking pensive. The trailer for "Rise of the Silver Surfer" had people talking as well.

If anything I am all the more excited for "Ant-Man" now. (Which is a phrase I never thought I'd say.)

BANNED

This movie looks FANTASTIC. I think a big part of the reason is that Trank doesn't have to try to cater to the MCU die-hard fans, who probably won't be seeing the movie anyway, and can focus on making a good FILM without loading it up with stupid Easter Eggs and cameos.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    This whole movie looks like Ben Grimm's nightmare. Dark, dreary and without any hope. Where is the FANTASTIC in Fantastic Four? Nothing about this put me in awe. I don't know, it just isn't doing it for me.
    I agree. It looks dull, to me. I wasn't impressed or excited by any of the effects or production values, either.

And listening to the commentary (is this a new thing, director commentary on a trailer??) only confirmed this probably is not the movie for me. I'm not that interested in the Ultimate FF, which they admit is the inspiration for this movie. Plus, the direct comparison of the 60's FF generation creating space exploration, and today's FF generation creating the Internet is ludicrous.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Looks like it is trying very hard to be all Nolan-Batman in tone. A whole lot of close up reaction shots and actors looking pensive. The trailer for "Rise of the Silver Surfer" had people talking as well.

If anything I am all the more excited for "Ant-Man" now. (Which is a phrase I never thought I'd say.)
    Yeah, I remember when the first movie came out and the Torch's flying sequence through the city was teased at IIRC the the Las Vegas theater owners convention and a copy leaked out. That got everyone talking. Too bad that's the best they had to show for the whole movie. But it had more of a "Wow" factor than these.

The part that is disappointing is blogger Domashev as the main antagonist. If most of the video games can get Doom right it's too bad the movies will fail at bringing Doom to the screen. Right now, probably the best version of Doom was probably seen in Marvel Ultimate Alliance's cut scenes.

This is Doom in all his glory IMO, folks

I doubt I'll watch it, but it was better than the Ant-Man trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    This movie looks FANTASTIC. I think a big part of the reason is that Trank doesn't have to try to cater to the MCU die-hard fans, who probably won't be seeing the movie anyway, and can focus on making a good FILM without loading it up with stupid Easter Eggs and cameos.
    anything short of a high-action popcorn flick with lots of comedy and slapping around faceless aliens is going to call for a quartering of this entire film crew.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

My expectations were so low that this trite little teaser exceeded my expectations by exactly 3 nanometers.

BANNED

I think this trailer was A LOT better than the trailer for Avengers 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I hope this flop so bad that Fox has to sell the rights back to marvel
    Yeah, because that will do so much good for the superhero movie genre. Never hope a movie like this fails, because when they do, it makes the next ones that much more unlikely. We'd have had a Deadpool movie years ago if Wolverine Origins hadn't been so crappy. We'd have had a Justice League years ago if Superman Returns hadn't put people to sleep in their seats. The Avengers can likely afford a flop. But everyone else? Not so much.

Anyway.

I had zero interest in this movie when it was announced. The thing about Doom being some nerd blogger made me want to actively avoid the film. This trailer...well, it looks better than I thought it would, but did a great job of showing us nothing of importance at all. At this point, it would take a small miracle to get me to watch this in theaters, but maybe I'll catch it on Netflix. Eventually. If people I trust enjoyed it.

When the full trailers come out, maybe they'll change my mind, but the best thing about the FF is Doom, and it sounds like they've already ruined him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I think this trailer was A LOT better than the trailer for Avengers 2.
    tell me you didn't love hearing ultron sound like a creepy sexual pervert more than this?